Asprex

Asprex

There is no storm we can't weather!
Mar 3, 2023
Hello i shall make an introduction since its my first post here. I go by the name Kena ( not my irl name) and I've lost my mother to cancer 5 years ago. That's what messed my life up and eventually led me here.
Idk if this is the correct forum to post this but here I go: I used to be a pretty social child not extremely social but enough. As years went by after my moms loss I became inclosured to myself. I stopped going outside having friends. And turned to the internet for company and support. (Big mistake ig). I love my online friends don't get me wrong but it just doesn't seem right sometimes. Its been pretty depressing and i had been self harming for two years. 2022 June my father found out and i had to stop and visit a therapist once to make him stop worrying. At least he settled and stopped telling me to go outside. I have stopped since November which was the last time i did something to myself (drained blood with a syringe if curious). And things i guess have been going well since then. Im still a student and get good grades. I live in a pretty bad environment my grandad (father's father) is very abusive not that he can harm me but he has spoken to me and threaten me a lot in the past also abused my grandmother a lot. Its pretty depressing here. Now that's not an excuse for not being social i know but thats the best i have. I have attached an image of some message that has been in my mind for some time and i can't really believe that someone with a brain wrote. Note that i have done nothing to that person barely even spoken with them (friends of friends).

Sorry for the scattered information i had to write this twice sadly. Go easy on me :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230113-160553.png
    Screenshot_20230113-160553.png
    72.1 KB · Views: 0
GRIM_DEADMAN

GRIM_DEADMAN

Dead Man Walking
Feb 14, 2023
Sorry that you have to come here, but welcome! I'm sorry for your loss as well, I don't know the full story but I imagine you were close to your mom.
All I can say is that even though I didn't know your mom, I would assume that she wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.
Also I think that being in an abusive environment is a pretty valid reason for not being social, though it's great you've made online friends (Sometimes those are the best ones).
If you want to add another online friend to your arsenal you can PM me when you get the ability to.

Keep up the good work in school btw (I didn't and I regret it).

P.S. Sophie's a bitch.

• Love
Reactions: Asprex
Asprex

Asprex

There is no storm we can't weather!
Mar 3, 2023
Sorry that you have to come here, but welcome! I'm sorry for your loss as well, I don't know the full story but I imagine you were close to your mom.
All I can say is that even though I didn't know your mom, I would assume that she wouldn't want you to hurt yourself.
Also I think that being in an abusive environment is a pretty valid reason for not being social, though it's great you've made online friends (Sometimes those are the best ones).
If you want to add another online friend to your arsenal you can PM me when you get the ability to.

Keep up the good work in school btw (I didn't and I regret it).

P.S. Sophie's a bitch.
Thanks for the support I'm looking forward to getting out of this :)