xxmidnightxx

xxmidnightxx

Jun 8, 2021
Hello everyone. I'm 18 and from the USA. I've been suicidal since I was about 7. My mental health has just gotten worse as I've grown older. I wasted all of my teen years living in isolation. I don't feel anything anymore and I just don't care. Anorexia consumes my life. I have zero friends and nothing to look forward too. I found this forum by chance, but I'm so grateful I did.

• Hugs
  • Yay!
Reactions: sasshimi, Labean, Cast_Away and 6 others
Eire1992

Eire1992

Conducting an experiment on how it feels to die
Jun 7, 2021
Hello all. I'm 28, I'm from Ireland. It sounds weird to say, but I'm glad to be here and be accepted as a member. I've been lurking for a week or so now and honestly, the acceptance email is the first thing that made me crack a smile in quite some time.

I've struggled with depression and severe social anxiety for 15 or so years now. I've made 2 previous attempts to CTB. The first was just simply never going to work and the second "might" have worked if I hadn't been a total idiot about how I went about it. The thought has never left my mind, but as the years grind on and nothing changes, I've been slowly coming to terms with the fact that I'm not going to live a long and fulfilled life. On paper, my life is not bad. It really isn't. It's stressful sure and I have to do things I don't like, but don't we all? No the problem isn't one of circumstances. The problem is fundamental, the problem is me. It's cliched but here it is, I'm not long for this world. I've resolved that I won't see 30. Plans are starting to take shape and hopefully I can get the last few wrinkles on that end of things sorted soon.

But as I said, I'm actually very happy to be here (the site, not life). It's so freeing to talk about this shit. But if anyone ever needs something, even as small as to be told they matter or an ear to listen to them, you all know where to find me :)

• Hugs
Reactions: Labean, Alwaysdreaming, Black Sky and 5 others
J

jnpx321

Nov 25, 2020
Hello everyone. I'm 18 and from the USA. I've been suicidal since I was about 7. My mental health has just gotten worse as I've grown older. I wasted all of my teen years living in isolation. I don't feel anything anymore and I just don't care. Anorexia consumes my life. I have zero friends and nothing to look forward too. I found this forum by chance, but I'm so grateful I did.
Are you a high school student now?

J

jnpx321

Nov 25, 2020
What caused you suicidal?

hhanako

hhanako

Jun 4, 2021
Hi, everyone. I've lurked for a while before deciding to join the forum and I'm happy to be accepted as a member.
I'm 19 from Asia. I started having suicidal idealization and SH when I was 10 (~5th grade) and thinking about it now, I'm shocked at how young I was having that kind of hopelessness inside me. I still vividly remember all bad memories of being bullied, humiliated, and disappointed by the people around me when I needed guidance the most.

I've gotten help 2 years ago but stopped taking medication due to its effects such as anhedonia/numbness. I like reading books, studying, watching anime/cartoons, driving around the region, and being alone. I still feel like shit until now and my mental health has been declining for sometime now. I still struggle a lot with the symptoms.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Labean, Alwaysdreaming, OceanBlue and 5 others
E

ElizabethsFault

Had an abusive therapist
Jun 9, 2021
Hey guys,

Noticed a lot of threads pop up with new members saying hey. To reduce clutter we have decided to make a welcome thread for everyone new to introduce themselves and for people to welcome them, basically merging all future welcome posts into this one.

With that said, welcome to Sanctioned Suicide, we're a pro-choice forum; make sure to read the rules and check the resource sticky out too!

Post your introductions here!
I've been diagnosed with everything throughput the past 30+ years; ADHD, Major Depressive Disorder, Anxiety, BPD, Bipolar Type 1 & 2, Dissociative Disorder, PTSD, OCD, DPD, & Schizoaffective Disorder. Only thing I believe is I have PTSD and a future taking harmful medication, but never feeling happy again. I doubt most of these diagnoses are accurate. Also, I have no job and soon, will have no medical insurance to cover the psychiatric care I obviously need. No access to healthcare I need. Had a traumatic experience with my former therapist and whatever condition I have, worsened. I'll never be the same person I was prior to meeting her, when I could feel a bit of pleasure in daily life. I always had helpful therapists who brought me back to reality and gave me hope. Not sure I'll ever trust one again, and it's due to the devastating "therapy" I received from Elizabeth MacEwen. I've suffered through abuse/trauma in the past, but never due to a therapist. Now there's no help/hope for me.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Labean, Alwaysdreaming, squarecircles and 3 others
xkonstantinexx

xkonstantinexx

Jun 11, 2021
Hi everyone,

I'm 34 years old and I live in Malaysia. I discovered SS about a year ago, it was around the time the pandemic broke out. I've always thought that my suicidal ideations began only as an adult but only recently discovered with the help of a therapist that my first suicidal thought was when I was 12. It was the upbringing apparently - abusive father, staunch religious environment and the charade of what they called a 'marriage'.

Being in the Asian community and diagnosed with depression makes it harder than it already is because you can never talk about it. Mental health awareness here is almost non-existent and you're just viewed as someone who is 'unable to cope with stress and life's challenges'. It's either that or you're just viewed as a walking hazard and people start keeping their distance. My own father expressed how disappointed he was when he found out that I saw a psychotherapist and for a few days harassed me to not take any of the medication prescribed to me. All I needed, apparently, was a pair of testicles and God.

I love reading, music and playing the guitar. Unfortunately, all those hobbies are now associated with a painful memory and I am unable to enjoy those hobbies anymore.

That being said, I'm actually very glad that my application got approved and I look forward to talking to you!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Labean, Alwaysdreaming, OceanBlue and 4 others
Victoria

Victoria

Jun 15, 2021
Hi and thanks so much for accepting me onto the forum. I've been struggling with bipolar for years now but only diagnosed at the end of last year. I have struggled also with suicidality for years and know when I die I want to choose when and how myself, which is why I'm here really. I'm not sure on methods yet, maybe SN but am in the UK so know that isn't the easiest thing to get? But anyway. I wanted to say hello and am interested in connecting with others with bipolar just knowing how you live day to day as I'm finding it impossible. Victoria xx

• Hugs
Reactions: Labean, newave3, Dead Meat and 1 other person
MiseryWithoutCompany

MiseryWithoutCompany

Doggo Good, Doggo Great
Oct 1, 2020
Hi...
I'm a total disappointment to myself and my family.
I love dogs and generally most animals far better than humans. I like to sleep and imagine my vivid dreams are the alternate lives my singular soul is traveling between on the regular.

My memory is awful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Labean, Black Sky, Joarga and 4 others
E

ElizabethsFault

Had an abusive therapist
Jun 9, 2021
Hi...
I love dogs and generally most animals far better than humans. I like to sleep and imagine my vivid dreams are the alternate lives my singular soul is traveling between on the regular.

My memory is awful.
:hug:

Reactions: Labean and newave3
newave3

newave3

I want out
Nov 21, 2020
Hi...

My memory is awful.
Welcome to SS. Your username is very creative but you will find a lot of company for your misery here.

Reactions: MiseryWithoutCompany
S

squarecircles

Nov 1, 2020
I don't even know what's wrong with me anymore. I've been suicidal since my teen years but it was only in the last year or so that its become clear this is the best choice for me. I tried for a really long time. I tried so hard. To make this somehow work. To make this life somehow livable. I've had friends and jobs and hobbies and therapists and medications and self help books. And none of it worked. None of it ever kept me from coming back to this point. I gave this life the absolute best effort I have and it wasn't good enough.

Call it ADHD, CPTSD, executive disfunction, lazy bitch disease. For whatever reason, I essentially can't do anything. That's why I joined this forum over six months ago and am only now writing my introduction post. I've been unemployed for a while though and I'm starting to run out of money so I need to actually do it within the next few months. Methods are hard to acquire when everything is hard to do though :/.

I am really glad to have a place to talk about this.

• Hugs
Reactions: Labean, Black Sky, newave3 and 2 others
SobGoblin

SobGoblin

Jun 14, 2021
Heyo, I'm usually not a very social person, but I thought to come here to make some sort of attempt to connect with people going through the same shit that I am. Don't have anyone IRL to talk to, so this place is honesty my last resort to help me get my mind set on weather I CTB or not. I don't want take my leave without being 100% sure, but suicide is absolutely on the table for me.

I've go no friends, a broken family, lost my job last month, and may wind up homeless in the near future. As for what's going on under the hood, I've got the works; depression, autism, ptsd, (undiagnosed) ADHD, I'm a complete fucking mess.

So, as I spend time here and figure myself out, I hope our interactions are positive, and that we all eventually find the peace that we desperately seek.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Labean, WearyWanderer, mothflakes and 3 others
Under The Graveyard

Under The Graveyard

There is no death. Only a change of worlds.
Jun 24, 2021
Hi folks. I heard about this site from an old friend of mine, but withheld from joining, until now. She's no longer around, but now I'm really considering joining her on the other side.

I have been dealing with depression and anxiety for years, and dealt with it. Been to psychiatrists, put on pills, put in a nut house, etc... And I was doing ok until the pandemic hit. Lost job, haven't been able to find anything near me, I'm an inch away from total bankruptcy, and I'm losing my mind.

Now suicide has been on my mind more than ever before. It used to be a periodic thing until about a month ago, and now its a regular occurrence. Its all I think about. I'd hate to leave my girlfriend and daughters behind, but at this point I really don't see another way out.

Anyway, glad to be here and hope to interact with people like me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Labean, Elysium Searcher, newave3 and 3 others
E

ElizabethsFault

Had an abusive therapist
Jun 9, 2021
I don't even know what's wrong with me anymore. I've been suicidal since my teen years but it was only in the last year or so that its become clear this is the best choice for me. I tried for a really long time. I tried so hard. To make this somehow work. To make this life somehow livable. I've had friends and jobs and hobbies and therapists and medications and self help books. And none of it worked. None of it ever kept me from coming back to this point. I gave this life the absolute best effort I have and it wasn't good enough.

Call it ADHD, CPTSD, executive disfunction, lazy bitch disease. For whatever reason, I essentially can't do anything. That's why I joined this forum over six months ago and am only now writing my introduction post. I've been unemployed for a while though and I'm starting to run out of money so I need to actually do it within the next few months. Methods are hard to acquire when everything is hard to do though :/.

I am really glad to have a place to talk about this.
Sorry to hear it. I may have lazy bitch disease, too. Though a mental health professional would label this "depression." I've wanted to get a haircut and manicure so my body doesn't look like I felt while I was alive. Product of a narcissistic mother. But I don't have the motivation for self care, even if it is a means to an end.

Reactions: Under The Graveyard and mothflakes
theunderdog

theunderdog

Jun 17, 2021
Hi,

I live in south east England. Suffer from depression and anxiety. Everyone thinks I'm the life and sole but really I'm happiest when listing to Horowitz with my headphones on and dreaming.

• Hugs
Reactions: Labean, Under The Graveyard, Cant go back and 1 other person
mothflakes

mothflakes

Dec 20, 2020
Sorry to hear it. I may have lazy bitch disease, too. Though a mental health professional would label this "depression." I've wanted to get a haircut and manicure so my body doesn't look like I felt while I was alive. Product of a narcissistic mother. But I don't have the motivation for self care, even if it is a means to an end.
LBD here as well

• Hugs
Reactions: Under The Graveyard and western_heart
R

RedundantRecord

Jun 24, 2021
Hello, I do not like being, I find that experiencing anything only for the sake of entertainment is a repelling foundation of life and that what I do want is to not experience. There is no meaning that is independent from the consumption of experiences, making everything completely pointless without intrinsic value in that. Life tends to be far more unpleasant than not too, personally it's especially so because accumulating negatives makes deprivation which needs compensation, it requires motivation that requires goals which almost always requires an interest in serving entertainment in one way or another, directly or indirectly as a prerequisite. It's contradictory to find purpose in assisting the amusement of others without finding meaning in entertainment no matter the receiver. Regardless, what occupies the time essentially every day is maintenance like every chore that is repeated daily and hobbies similar to that which I quite statically prefer, such as playing video games, reading or watching whatever online and reading about specific topics on more specific websites like this one. The case remains that favorable change cannot be assumed to be gained by aimless continuation but from resolute planing in accordance with one's own values and knowledge. I'm a 20-year-old male from Europe and am currently continuing to adapt to my circumstances, to await the time that is right to me with a certain approach that is sure to work because death is permanent and the choice should preferably not be hindered or otherwise inappropriately applied by desperation or inability, such as in the form of failed attempts. Meanwhile I'll also be sharing my thoughts here on this forum, feel free to talk to me about anything.

Living for nothing that's of any personal significance is like working an abhorrent job 24/7 for no payment, even if there was a big payment it wouldn't be of any use since there would neither be time to assign for anything else nor anything to purchase that would motivate living, life is in that regard a futile chain of undesirable expensive products. It's absolutely awful, unacceptable and intolerable in the long term.
I'm for bodily autonomy. To control your body's management unlike both its initial existence and properties which fundamentally cannot be controlled, similarly to how you can choose to act in accordance with what you want but not choose what it is you want, is that which is basic in human nature, it would be a double standard to have a right to live with autonomy without a right to die on your own terms.
As for death, some have an agnostic view that says it could mean anything to be dead, but they don't follow any religion to ensure not being eternally punished after life in case that religion is true, which I deduce as meaning that it's unreasonable to account for skepticism based on the impossibility to relate instead of realism based on science. It's identified that the brain and the mind are correlated. If the brain is damaged then the function of the mind may be damaged as well. The mind is generated by the brain and is therefore annihilated with the brain's full cessation of function, to not experience would resemble permanent sleep, no other interpretation has any proper scientific basis and is therefore not credible.
I will never cause anyone's existence, there is nothing to be gained for the one who is created to create needs to then try to satisfy and maintain them regardless of the results, somehow existing without going in some kind of futile cycle by only doing less would still not serve any interest outside of consuming experiences or just existing. I will however closely consider accomplishing the exception of once and for good satisfying my need to finish all needs, my greatest and desirably final desire.
Non-existence to me isn't a sacrifice in regards to anything else, it is my ideal.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Labean, restforeternity, Under The Graveyard and 2 others
C

Cant go back

Man, I really f****d up
Apr 15, 2021
Hello. I haven't suffered from any kind of mental illness to my knowledge, but I plan to ctb due to my home situation. It would take too long to explain in full but the short version is: (this is partly a rant and will be all over the place)

- spouse suffers from anxiety, depression and major anger issues

- I do literally everything in the house and am usually told I'm doing it wrong

- spouse does not have any desire to work so we are one income family

- I'm constantly told by spouse that they are unhappy because we are broke which ultimately is my fault because I don't make enough money

- kids have been completely sheltered by spouse, and are not the "go getters" that will allow them to work hard make money and live comfortably

- spouse is not mentally getting better, just worse. Which means more crying, shouting, screaming, insulting and breaking things

- I am consumed by guilt for not standing up to spouse when they are screaming at kids, calling them names, having decisions made for them which I feel are completely wrong etc

- would have additional guilt by just walking out on family as they 100% rely on me for everything.

- unable to talk to spouse about my problems since they revolve around them.

- I am totally unappreciated by my family and I hate that.

- starting to resent my spouse more and more due to the reasons above

I don't really want to ctb. I just have no choice.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Labean, Under The Graveyard, Dead Meat and 2 others
E

ElizabethsFault

Had an abusive therapist
Jun 9, 2021
Hello. I haven't suffered from any kind of mental illness to my knowledge, but I plan to ctb due to my home situation. It would take too long to explain in full but the short version is: (this is partly a rant and will be all over the place)

- spouse suffers from anxiety, depression and major anger issues

- I do literally everything in the house and am usually told I'm doing it wrong

- spouse does not have any desire to work so we are one income family

- I'm constantly told by spouse that they are unhappy because we are broke which ultimately is my fault because I don't make enough money

- kids have been completely sheltered by spouse, and are not the "go getters" that will allow them to work hard make money and live comfortably

- spouse is not mentally getting better, just worse. Which means more crying, shouting, screaming, insulting and breaking things

- I am consumed by guilt for not standing up to spouse when they are screaming at kids, calling them names, having decisions made for them which I feel are completely wrong etc

- would have additional guilt by just walking out on family as they 100% rely on me for everything.

- unable to talk to spouse about my problems since they revolve around them.

- I am totally unappreciated by my family and I hate that.

- starting to resent my spouse more and more due to the reasons above

I don't really want to ctb. I just have no choice.
:hug:

English_Rose

English_Rose

Luna-Nera
Feb 11, 2019
Hello fellow SS members..

My name is Laura, I've been a member on and off SS for about two years now and back home again, somehow I feel comfortable and at ease here in SS, it feels like home, is that weird?
Anyway, I'm 36 from England (UK) i am on here because I'm basically a train wreck and life for me is shit!
I am diagnosed Bipolar type 1, BPD, Anxiety and Suicide Ideation! I take medication but to be honest I might as well be eating smarties because they do fu*k all to help!
What helps? fake smiles and being alone (when possible) which is nearly impossible for me since I'm a full time mummy to two and have a fiancé! but I get lost in my mind and any free spare time I have!
So SS is my place I come to, to feel free, to talk, to be myself and to meet others just like me...
Whatever "just like me" means!

Anyway hello...

Laura

• Hugs
Reactions: Adamsnolife, Labean, Under The Graveyard and 6 others
Cast_Away

Cast_Away

Jun 20, 2021
Hello, i'm 19, from saint-petersburg. Can't even remember the times i wasn't feeling depressed at least just for a week. It comes and goes from the best days falling down to the worst. I fucking hate that. When you just start feeling happy, and next day everything ruins. It hard to keep going when your mood can change hundred times in a day, like a roller-coaster. Feels like i'm going nuts. Crazy, but still alive.
I like music, especially rock, punk-rock, maybe some synthwave, metal and indie folk. Love skateboarding, but can't skate now, because of the broken ankle, play guitar and sing(very shitty, hah), play videogames and consistently try to fit into this world. Though I always feel like an outsider. Alone, no real friends, too shy to talk to people, can't help people i care about when they need me, always fail trying to do something i love.
But it's different here, for some reason. Like i don't even know you, guys, but you are kind and care about everybody here, like no one irl does. I feel free here.
Sending love and hugs to all of you:heart:

• Hugs
Reactions: houseofleaves, Labean, WearyWanderer and 6 others
C

chronicphysicalpain

Jun 28, 2021
Hi all,
I have a chronic pain issue that can only get worse, very incapacitating. I'm in Spain. Not much else to say...

• Hugs
Reactions: Labean, Under The Graveyard, Cast_Away and 3 others
qwertylmno

qwertylmno

nine millimeter on the side swing it if you like
Jun 10, 2021
hi all
i'm 23 and in the southern US. i was diagnosed w psychotic depression in 8th grade, have treatment resistant depression, and generalized anxiety disorder. i would lazily attempt suicide daily for about a year in high school, but it was more like self harm with a belt. i feel too sensitive for this world. i can't accept the absurdity of the world but i am trying. i can't understand why everything is so cruel, but i am trying to make peace with it. i'm more on here for recovery and it is soothing to be in a nonjudgmental place. i lurked the subreddit and am now finding my place here.
i feel pretty hopeless. i have been on 16 different meds, right now i'm on lamictal and klonopin, but nothing really works. it's hopeless. for years my mind hasn't let me stop thinking about suicide. it's always in the back of my head basically begging me to do something about it
i like pool, crosswords, being with my friends, video games, american horror story, azealia banks. my major is history. i'd like to teach or be a historical consultant for media once i graduate this fall. i have a good therapist and girlfriend and friends. my family is complicated, but nothing horrible. my gender is not relevant.
nothing really feels fulfilling, nothing is enough, i never feel relaxed, i'm gasping for air.

this sums me up pretty well:
"What am I here? The disinherited,
Who with her hands seized the moonlight,
The dream, the earth, the sea, all life,
Then opened her hands, and found nothing!"

edit: i am very hard to kill. my friends insist god won't let me die

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Labean, Under The Graveyard, it's_all_a_game and 2 others
J

Jbones

May 19, 2021
Want to die. Have no hope. Don't want to hurt loved ones. One in particular.

• Hugs
Reactions: Labean, Under The Graveyard, Cast_Away and 1 other person
A

ajdhabajdyst

Jul 3, 2021
hey! im ghost & im 18. (not a very creative user, i know.) im here bc i think i want to die after i reach my ugw, but don't wanna regret it as i die. so, i decided this site would help me figure it out.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Labean, patheticpartner, settheory and 2 others
Wanderingthroughdark

Wanderingthroughdark

Momento mori
Jun 29, 2021
Hello there I'm wanderingthroughdark
I'm 18 years old.
Got depression, suicidal tendencies, anxiety, autism, adhd and ptss
Just came out of a 17 month long hospitalization in a pych ward so well see what happens next and i love dark humor

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Labean, patheticpartner, Cast_Away and 2 others