Pentobartbital

Pentobartbital

Crumbling
Feb 25, 2019
Warm greetings everyone.

Tersely speaking, iatrogenesis ruined my life. Anhedonia, depersonalisation, derealisation and lasting bodily dysfunction have taken away most all my reasons for living. I'd keep fighting if it weren't for these and other afflictions, but my hand is being forced. Before the figurative lid closes, I'd much like to further my research and choose the methodology appropriate given my circumstances.

Thank you to all who have read. Should any of us catch that bus any time soon, I should want to meet you all under similarly fond and genial circumstances.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, goxua, told.you.so and 2 others
anxietywhisper

anxietywhisper

Feb 24, 2019
Hi all,
26 and from England.
I wouldn't even know where to begin with the whole story thing so I guess I'll leave it at this: I've struggled on and off with depression since I was about 14 and my first attempt was 15. The past few months in particular have been one thing after another, and I realized I've been subconsciously preparing myself I guess? Making a deliberate effort to get rid of things and downsize the house (so there's not as much for people to sort through) and pushing people away more. I don't know, I actually found this site by accident and after lurking for a week or so I finally joined up.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, goxua, told.you.so and 3 others
Chlo

Chlo

Experienced
Feb 17, 2019
@Pentobartbital @anxietywhisper Welcome to SS.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, Pentobartbital and anxietywhisper
Pentobartbital

Pentobartbital

Crumbling
Feb 25, 2019
Thank you so much, @Chlo. It's very nice to meet you.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Weeping Garbage Can
R

RomanCandle

Feb 25, 2019
Hello,
28 from Europe, found this forum after learning about the Peaceful Pill Handbook. I have been on and off struggling with depression, loneliness anxiety and intense mood swings. I suspect I might be bipolar, though I haven't been diagnosed. I failed my first attempt a few years back (I couldn't make the jump) so I went on with life, it was ok for a while. Now I can't seem to find purpose in anything, except CTB. I'm thinking SN. I don't have a date set yet, whenever i feel the time is right and I'm ready. In the meantime I'm happy I found this place, people here seem genuinely kind and understanding.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lady black, told.you.so and 1 other person
Taylor

Taylor

Thankful
Dec 23, 2018
Hello!

I'm Taylor, I'm a 25 year old male whose life has developed into a living nightmare over the years. Around 2012-2013 was my peak. I was happy, healthy, strong and athletic, with no issues whatsoever. I had just about everything; friends, girlfriend, a job, and had just graduated high school, and went into the Navy, wanting to be a Navy SEAL. (It was mainly my ego I think that led me into that field, when my gentle, nurturing personality matches more of a male nurse xD).

Well all I ended up accomplishing was severely damaging my shoulders (requiring surgery) and my spine, although it was fun while it lasted. I had two surgeries on my right shoulder, which were unsuccessful and left me even worse off. Fast forward 4 years, and just about every other joint of mine has followed suit, and significantly degraded. I don't know if it's just poor genetics as far as joint integrity or what, but I feel like an 80 year old man in a "25" year old body, and am suffering in serious pain. I can't even stand for longer than about 20 minutes, from my hips and spine hurting so bad.

The hardest part about this was that my strength and athleticism was my security blanket, as I was a pretty insecure person my whole life from being tall and skinny. So when that was taken from me, I started developing really strange social fears/issues that have just destroyed my ability to function in life, and I'm at the point now of having turned into basically a social vegetable. I've completely isolated myself from the world and rarely leave the house. I just feel so alienated, with this overwhelming sense that I'm subhuman and don't belong here anymore. It's so bad that I wanted to go to school for neuroscience, to be able to erase the memory of having these issues so I could feel like myself again, but being already 25 and so physically damaged, that is highly unrealistic. That would be 10 years of arguably the hardest schooling known to man, on top of another 10 years of physically suffering, trying to repair my body simultaneously with all the surgeries I need, and the whole thing is basically just impossible. I'm a lost cause at this point. I just so desperately want it to end now.

I am literally just sitting here, trapped in my parents house and unable to work and afford the means of doing the deed myself (peacefully), and am looking for anyone who can help. I promise I'm still "normal", like I mentioned before, I'm a handsome 6'5" male who used to be very happy and successful in life. Now I'm in this nightmare I can't escape.

Just thought I'd bump this post to keep all the newcomers updated. I'm beyond ready to leave this world. It's just sad that I need help in order to actually do so. I never thought I'd ever find myself in this predicament.

Reactions: told.you.so, Weeping Garbage Can and Cookiedough8956
wannabesetfree

wannabesetfree

I'm tired.
Feb 26, 2019
Hello everybody.

I am a 25 year old woman. Every day is painful for me in all aspects of my life. Ideally I would love to be humanely euthanized at some point, but because I'm broke I don't think I'll be able to do that any time soon. Like my username implies, I wanna be set free from all my pain and suffering.

Some more about me:

I am atheist. I am a nerd. I am a foodie. I love to write and would love to get my books published before I pass.

Hmm...Besides that, I don't know what else to put. I'm not good at expressing myself and because of my depression, it takes a lot out of me to even write this.

Anyways I guess if anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask. I don't have a life, so I'll probably respond pretty fast.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, anxietywhisper, goxua and 8 others
brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019
Hello everybody.

I am a 25 year old woman. Every day is painful for me in all aspects of my life. Ideally I would love to be humanely euthanized at some point, but because I'm broke I don't think I'll be able to do that any time soon. Like my username implies, I wanna be set free from all my pain and suffering.

Some more about me:

I am atheist. I am a nerd. I am a foodie. I love to write and would love to get my books published before I pass.

Hmm...Besides that, I don't know what else to put. I'm not good at expressing myself and because of my depression, it takes a lot out of me to even write this.

Anyways I guess if anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask. I don't have a life, so I'll probably respond pretty fast.
No, don't feel bad because you reply fast, I do it all the time. You seem like a lovely person don't change :)
Do you mind me asking where you live? Just to get an idea of how easy it would be for you to get euthanasia done.
Also, you're at the prime of your life and I find it sad that you want to die so soon. Was there something specific that broke you or was it the depression?

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, AndyCurious and AnnihilatedAnna
wannabesetfree

wannabesetfree

I'm tired.
Feb 26, 2019
Hi and thanks for responding to me. Thanks for the compliment as well. :)

I live in the USA (Ohio to be specific). Depression is a huge part of it and I've dealt with it (along with anxiety, insomnia, nightmares, PTSD, & social anxiety) for over a decade.

It all started because of the all the abuse I've received from both my father and my ex boyfriend. However, over the years there have been other incidents in my life that have just made living each day almost unbearable. The only three things keeping me alive right now are my pets, my writing, and the sliver of hope that things might possibly get better even though I'm certain that they won't.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, littlepillbox, Weeping Garbage Can and 2 others
brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019
The only three things keeping me alive right now are my pets, my writing, and the sliver of how that things might possibly get better even though I'm certain that they won't.
That sounds good! What sort of writing do you do? And you gotta tell us about your pets :)
You're strong enough to make it, you just need the proper support and find something to live for.

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can, wannabesetfree and Chlo
wannabesetfree

wannabesetfree

I'm tired.
Feb 26, 2019
That sounds good! What sort of writing do you do? And you gotta tell us about your pets :)
You're strong enough to make it, you just need the proper support and find something to live for.

I wish I had support but sadly I don't. I've always had to face my obstacles by myself and its very draining you know? Things wouldn't be so bad if I had just one true friend or partner or family member that I could confide in but I don't.

I realize that not everyone is lucky in that regard and now that I've come to accept it, I'm just focusing on moving forward. Maybe things will change for the better, but that could take years and I'm scared wait 25 more years when all that awaits me could just be more suffering. That's why I want a nice, peaceful, painless death. I refuse to kill myself via hanging, gunshot, drug overdose, etc.

Anyways that's not what you asked me and I do apologize for going off on a tangent. I have a 1 year old Bombay cat and a 4 year old Black lab/collie mix. They mean a lot to me.

As for my writing, I write fantasy/action/adventure fiction. Maybe what's what I live for right now?

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Weeping Garbage Can, Chlo and 1 other person
brighter

brighter

Warlock
Jan 22, 2019
I wish I had support but sadly I don't. I've always had to face my obstacles by myself and its very draining you know? Things wouldn't be so bad if I had just one true friend or partner or family member that I could confide but I don't. I realize that not everyone is lucky in that regard and now that I've come to accept it, I'm just focusing on moving forward. Maybe things will change for the better, but that could take years and I'm scared wait 25 more years when all that awaits me could just be more suffering.

Anyways that's not what you asked me and I do apologize for going off on a tangent. I have a 1 year old Bombay cat and a 4 year old Black lab/collie mix. They mean a lot to me.

As for my writing, I write fantasy/action/adventure fiction. Maybe what's what I live for right now?
I absolutely love cats and I find border collie/labs extremely cute.
Hold onto your writing, your pets and remember that you've now got the whole of SS behind you so you're not alone anymore. I can PM you, anyone here that has a good heart (and there are a lot of people like that on this website) can PM you, so you can confide in someone and that might take some of the stress off your shoulders and ease your pain.
You'll make it, you still have light in you :)

Reactions: Weeping Garbage Can and wannabesetfree
wannabesetfree

wannabesetfree

I'm tired.
Feb 26, 2019
I absolutely love cats and I find border collie/labs extremely cute.
Hold onto your writing, your pets and remember that you've now got the whole of SS behind you so you're not alone anymore. I can PM you, anyone here that has a good heart (and there are a lot of people like that on this website) can PM you, so you can confide in someone and that might take some of the stress off your shoulders and ease your pain.
You'll make it, you still have light in you :)
Thank you so much for the kind words and support. I am trying my best to make it but it's dedinitely an uphill battle for sure. Hopefully this light within me will be enough to make it to the top of that hill. :)

PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
Hi friends! new member here :) loving the pet talk, totally agree cats and collies are super cute, but to be fair i love nearly every animal :p

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, EvilForProfit, told.you.so and 3 others
wannabesetfree

wannabesetfree

I'm tired.
Feb 26, 2019
Hi friends! new member here :) loving the pet talk, totally agree cats and collies are super cute, but to be fair i love nearly every animal :p

Hello.
Yes animals in general are fantastic. What are some of your favorite animals?

PrincessInWhite

PrincessInWhite

I just want to sell out my funeral
Feb 21, 2019
Hello.
Yes animals in general are fantastic. What are some of your favorite animals?
oh gosh, where to begin?! rats, dogs, and seals are my favorites, but cats close behind, LOVE possums and raccoons, love every type of rodent tbh!!, farm animals too...that's narrowing it down the best I can :pfff:

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, littlepillbox, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
wannabesetfree

wannabesetfree

I'm tired.
Feb 26, 2019
oh gosh, where to begin?! rats, dogs, and seals are my favorites, but cats close behind, LOVE possums and raccoons, love every type of rodent tbh!!, farm animals too...that's narrowing it down the best I can :pfff:

Sweet! Do you have any pets?

TheCat

TheCat

Feb 26, 2019
Hi all,

37 year old male from northern England.

Been depressed for as long as I can remember. I've had a hell of a lot of shitty things happen to me throughout life and convinced this world is the incarnation of hell.

Recently tried driving head on at speed into a tree (kept seatbelt on as apparently at speed you can dislodge organs), woke up getting cut out of car, snapped my collarbone clean in half so had titanium plate put in. Got to go to court which makes everything even worse and still have to pay off car :/

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, lululoo, Eeyore and 3 others
S

solitary wanderer

Feb 25, 2019
Hello everybody.
I'm 20 and I feel kind of lost in this world, like I don't understand what it is about. Dunno about diagnoses because I've never attended psychologists and not going to do it by myself.
I don't understand how people interact. I don't understand hints they give during conversations, I'm never able to understand what they want until I'm told directly. I don't even understand now why people hate each other without any serious reasons (yes, I hated once, wished some people die, but that was long ago, a childish short-termed impulsive reaction at being bullied and betrayed by friends, that feelings died quickly). Why can't they at least try and stop arguing about nonsense that results in quarrelling with friends and family? Why do people inflict pain to each other, cheat, judge and harass for being different? Why can't they just be nice? Why do we live if not to make our close friends and relatives happy, to support those who needs it? Why do people readily destroy others' happiness when they want something for themselves?
Often I feel like I'm late for happy life and thus I miss the joys I could enjoy. I've got hundreds if not thousands of unspoken words. Sometimes I feel an urge to CTB but the thought of how it will affect my family and few of my friends stops me for now. Especially a girl from uni that encourages me to wait some time by her existence and nice attitude to me. Tbh, I want to be with her, but she has bf already, so I just enjoy her being near, her speech, glances, smiles, laughter; she's my main beacon in this dark world now.
So I just cut myself rarely (not that serious yet) and try to expel thoughts that appear each time I stay or walk near windows, heights and rivers. Let myself weep and sometimes shake almost convulsively when mood changes abruptly at evenings and when noone sees it - they have their own problems to deal with in this world. I guess one day I'll CTB, not long from parents' deaths if nothing changes.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, ShadowOfTheDay, lululoo and 2 others
S

ScarsAndStitches

Feb 26, 2019
Hey I'm new to the forum. I'm 24 years old, and I've been depressed for a long time, and I just need to talk to people that can understand me.

Reactions: ForestLove, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Roberto and 6 others
T

told.you.so

Feb 11, 2019
Welcome to SS @TheCat @solitary wanderer and @ScarsAndStitches. I hope you find comfort in here.

Reactions: Mr. Hang Man, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993 and 7 others
Flutter

Flutter

Feb 25, 2019
Hi everyone.
I'm in my late 20's and I've been disabled for most of my life. I've been extremely depressed for a while and I received notification that my disability benefits are being discontinued. I've no hope or fight left. It's time to make arrangements to ctb.

Reactions: Mr. Hang Man, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993 and 5 others
HangingTree

HangingTree

Waiting for the end
Feb 17, 2019
Hey everyone,
I'm 20 years old (soon 21) and come from Germany. I'm scared of nearly everything, especially meeting new people or talk to strangers. Even to post this and get in touch with other users is very hard for me XD, so I'm not going to be the most writing person on SS.
I'm here because I need some advices from like-minded people for my suicide and I would like to share with you some thoughts that others don't understand or very predictably (and boringly) answer.
P.S.: I hope my english isn't that bad.

Reactions: c-n, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993 and 6 others
S

SadShitSack

Sep 12, 2018
Hi.
I'm from the mountain part of Canada, I'm 23 and female.

I'm an ex fentanyl addict, so if you have any fentanyl questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
I like videogames, weird music, my job, my dog and crying myself to sleep. (y)

Reactions: Jean Améry, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993 and 7 others
E

Edge

Feb 12, 2019
Hi guys,
I've been coming to this site for a while and I was so relieved to find somewhere with people who understand and who could talk about catching the bus openly without fear or judgement. I'm a 23 year old student living in London, I've felt suicidal on and off since the age of 14. Despite a few periods of starting to feel better I've always returned to the sense of despair and longing to end everything. I think I will end up catching the bus at some point but I'm looking forward to getting to know you all in the meantime x

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993, Circles and 3 others
EvilForProfit

EvilForProfit

empty
Feb 27, 2019
Hi everyone, I'm another psych med damage victim... I'm basically a zombie now and not myself at all. This place makes me feel a little less alone though so thank you, I hope to meet as many of you as I can before going

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993, Norest4thewicked and 5 others
Eeyore

Eeyore

Aug 4, 2018
Hi, im 23 and not sure if I have to die yet but I feel most of the time like it is. As I get older I become more aware of this world how it all works and it disgusts me. Most of it is based on peoples needs and selfishness and If I said I wasn't like that I would be lying and I realize that it makes me a hypocrite . I am a part of humanity but I do not want to be a part of it at the same time. If you have mental issues or physical issues then life is a huge pain in the ass as you all know but I am disgusted by how people subconsciously treat such people. Everyone wants to be adored and a part of this shit, just like animals in packs which to me is retarded. Anyway I hate my whole self and I don't know for how long I will hold on. I deal with social anxiety and depression and maybe body dysmorphia. I have never been to a psychiatrist purely because I cringe at the fact that I will have to unload all this personal stuff to a person who can't wait to collect my money and go home fuck his wife/husband. I do not know what the future will bring but I seem to be slowly going back to living as a shut in. My anxiety is worse and I do not want to work a job because I do not want to work a job that I hate. That is no life at all and I can only see that kind of a life as a missing puzzle piece to a determination for suicide.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993, Weeping Garbage Can and 1 other person
Nihil

Nihil

Student
Mar 4, 2019
Heya. I could write pages upon pages (maybe even a whole book) on all the bad in my life. In sum for a hopefully short introduction, I'm a 26 year-old transwoman, though I still have to socially live as male due to living in a red state within the U.S. where discrimination is rampant with family, friends, and with trying to obtain employment. I've dealt with a lot of psychological abuse for being transgendered, and have experienced a lot of dark shit. I'm on hormone replacement therapy (HRT) and have been for four years now, but socioecomic and familial discrimination keep me in the closet even though most strangers address me as female now. Neither here nor there, being trans has screwed up my life in a multitude of ways, and in a way, sometimes makes me feel like I've never really lived. Like, it feels like I've never really had a "real" childhood, a "real" teenagehood, and a "real" young adulthood, if that makes any sense. Just feels like life is passing me by, and in order to literally stay alive, I have to keep being something I'm not. If I try to be me, well...my depression makes me feel like I'll die if I try to do so. Went through several years of repression and self-hatred by internalizing everyone else's transphobia into myself. Yeah, not a fun experience, and one I deeply regret.

Despite having a master's degree, I've had to fear over food and shelter for numerous portions of my life. Fear of homelessness, especially from last year, has greatly worsened my depression. I have been battling depression and anxiety for some time, however. Currently on an antidepressant, and am getting some counseling, but I've kept anything suicide-related strictly to myself for fear of involuntary committment, and also due to not being looked down upon. I've kept suicidal stuff to myself for almost my whole life, and the one time I told my father, he told me that I was being "too emotional, overly dramatic, and quite frankly, selfish." So yeah...this place seems like the only place where I could freely talk about the subject without fear of judgement or instantly getting committed to mental hospital and being treated like a criminal.

As for suicide itself, well...I've survived two attempts (hanging and two games of Russian roulette), and backed out of three plans (another hanging, poison gas, and inert gas asphyixation). I've been at the edge of death, got a taste of what the pain from dying is like, and here I am. Haven't had ideation in over a month which is nice, but past attempts haunt me, even though I like to pretend they never happened. At times I really do crave death, while at other times I'm still glad I'm alive. Maybe it's the survival mechanism that kicks in at the last moment? Maybe it's the fear over how painful dying is? Maybe it's just working through my psyche over all the bad I've been through? I don't know. But that's why I'm here; to sort through my thoughts and talk to others who have been or are in that dark hole. It...helps being able to talk to others about some of this stuff. For now at least, I want to try to improve my life and focus on living, but in order to get better, well...sometimes you have to process and heal the wounds of the past. If I ever do decide to eventually end it, well it at least helps not being alone whilst doing so.

Reactions: whatever1111, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Deleted member 4993 and 3 others
lululoo

lululoo

Mage
Dec 15, 2018
Hi everyone.
I'm in my late 20's and I've been disabled for most of my life. I've been extremely depressed for a while and I received notification that my disability benefits are being discontinued. I've no hope or fight left. It's time to make arrangements to ctb.
That's horrible. Why are they stopping your benefits?

Welcome to SS and I hope you find it comforting/helpful.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals and Weeping Garbage Can