B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
Alabama is set to use nitrogen hypoxia for the first time in an execution. It has never been done in any state, even though a few other states (Mississippi and Oklahoma) have approved its use. It has been causing a lot of debate and controversy. I for one am curious about how this is all going to play out. There are so many horror stories with lethal injection that I can't understand how they are still using it. Electric chair and hanging seem even more gruesome in my opinion. I for one would want a firing squad/ bullet to the head if I had a choice, but that method has been deemed "cruel and unusual." Makes no sense to me. I hope that nitrogen is found to be a better, less cruel, and more peaceful method than what is available now.

Article if anyone is interested:

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, lachrymost, Peaceful Departure and 2 others
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Unfortunately so much misinformation is being spread by politicians, organizations, and the media. I hope that that changes and people realize how great a method it really is.

Henryk

Henryk

Tonight I'm gonna rest my chemistry
Apr 22, 2022
this is definitely one of the best methods, but in the country where I live it is extremely expensive to get all the necessary items to do it successfully which makes it very impossible in my case

Reactions: DeadHead, anhedonicNfoggy and LittleBlackCat
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
this is definitely one of the best methods, but in the country where I live it is extremely expensive to get all the necessary items to do it successfully which makes it very impossible in my case
It's expensive here too! But that's the cost of a painless quick death I guess

jbear824

jbear824

F*ck humanity. Let's end this.
Jul 4, 2023
The only issue I have with this is, if the gov starts using it for executions, it might become much more regulated, making harder to acquire for ctb.

Reactions: tora and dyingslowly
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I for one would want a firing squad/ bullet to the head if I had a choice, but that method has been deemed "cruel and unusual."
Idaho now allows execution by firing squad if no lethal injection drugs are available.

Reactions: Peaceful Departure
B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Idaho now allows execution by firing squad if no lethal injection drugs are available.
That is really cool. I would honestly much prefer that over lethal injection myself. I still don't get why most people are against it, especially hearing the stories of botched/ failed injections.

Reactions: Peaceful Departure
dialogos

dialogos

Experienced
Jul 5, 2023
Bullets mangle the body/head, its more expensive to dress up the corpse for viewing for relatives before burial unless they skip that viewing. Inert gas is better than lethal injection and other methods

B

bluebus

Aug 5, 2023
Bullets mangle the body/head, its more expensive to dress up the corpse for viewing for relatives before burial unless they skip that viewing. Inert gas is better than lethal injection and other methods
I guess I never really thought about the aftermath for families of death row inmates. I know that I decided against shotgun for my method because I didn't want my parents to have to deal that. You make a great point, thanks for sharing! And I do agree, I think inert gas is definitely the best way to go as opposed to the other methods utilized.

• Love
Reactions: dialogos