D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
So I have several vials of fast acting insulin. Seems like a fairly reliable method. I would take quite a few opiates and some metoprolol in addition.

Thinking as long as no one find me within a day or two, maybe I'll get lucky and be successful

Insulin js a tricky OD but it's that or gunshot or some other messy means.

Does anyone know any more about it or anyone that's attempted, etc?? Any advice?

Last edited:
M

MissGuido

Jan 6, 2023
I made 2 attempts using insulin. Each time I reached out for help after injecting.

• Hugs
Reactions: downndone2
W

wilburforce2

Feb 18, 2023
As a type 1 diabetic myself, I have often pondered this method.

I was only diagnosed 3-4 years ago, so I am not the most experienced with this disease. I have had decent control but there is still a lot to learn.

Most, if not all of the reports I have read about someone trying to OD on insulin seem lackluster to me.

But maybe it would work better if it was combined with other methods/drugs as you mentioned w/ opiates and metoprolol.

Since I personally have lost faith in the insulin OD method, my mind has started to wander to the other end of the spectrum....DKA or partial DKA.

Of course, DKA is not easy or fun. No walk in the park either way you skin it.

But, by pairing insulin overdose w/another method, or by pairing DKA with another method, I think we can have a better chance at a successful CTB.

As a diabetic I see either insulin overdose or DKA as just more tools in the arsenal. We can 'mismanage' the disease to make the body weaker and more susceptible to death. 'Mismanage' it for long enough and you have a feeble body, which might be more prone to death via other ctb methods.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: xxAbigailxx and downndone2
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
I made 2 attempts using insulin. Each time I reached out for help after injecting.

SI or because of symptoms?
As a type 1 diabetic myself, I have often pondered this method.

I was only diagnosed 3-4 years ago, so I am not the most experienced with this disease. I have had decent control but there is still a lot to learn.

Most, if not all of the reports I have read about someone trying to OD on insulin seem lackluster to me.

But maybe it would work better if it was combined with other methods/drugs as you mentioned w/ opiates and metoprolol.

Since I personally have lost faith in the insulin OD method, my mind has started to wander to the other end of the spectrum....DKA or partial DKA.

Of course, DKA is not easy or fun. No walk in the park either way you skin it.

But, by pairing insulin overdose w/another method, or by pairing DKA with another method, I think we can have a better chance at a successful CTB.

As a diabetic I see either insulin overdose or DKA as just more tools in the arsenal. We can 'mismanage' the disease to make the body weaker and more susceptible to death. 'Mismanage' it for long enough and you have a feeble body, which might be more prone to death via other ctb methods.

Dka is so awful and takes days at minimum. So much vomiting, nausea, etc. Just misery. I just feel like several vials have to do the trick but I don't know

Last edited:
stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
Hi. I tried overdoing on insulin. My survival instincts "saved" me because I couldn't bear the symptoms of hypoglycemia for as long as I needed to to slip into a coma. I wound up crawling to my kitchen profusely sweating and ravenously ate everything. I think my body was fighting it too hard. I'm not diabetic.

• Hugs
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
Hi. I tried overdoing on insulin. My survival instincts "saved" me because I couldn't bear the symptoms of hypoglycemia for as long as I needed to to slip into a coma. I wound up crawling to my kitchen profusely sweating and ravenously ate everything. I think my body was fighting it too hard. I'm not diabetic.

They do suck. Did you have to het medical help or just ate a lot?

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I didn't wind up getting medical help though I really should have because I felt really sick for days after. I didn't want to be thrown into the psych ward so I kept my mouth shut and waited for my body to get back to normal.

D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
I didn't wind up getting medical help though I really should have because I felt really sick for days after. I didn't want to be thrown into the psych ward so I kept my mouth shut and waited for my body to get back to normal.

Do you recall how much you took? I'm a diabetic so would require a lot more. Just curious. Sorry you went thru this

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I can't remember exactly how much I took. I only had a handful of needles so I took as much as I could before they were all dulled and/or bent. I used short acting though, and I want to say I used 10 syringes full at least. So at least 100U I think.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: downndone2 and xxAbigailxx
N

NambaSutra

Student
Mar 25, 2023
I've read that death by insulin OD is fairly common but usually they can't tell if it's a suicide or accident so it doesn't get reported as such. Also if it fails I could just say I got my dosage mixed up. That's an advantage. As a diabetic I wonder if injecting several vials of the fast acting stuff and locking myself away from potential help would get me on the bus.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: downndone2 and terminatepain
J

jruo

Apr 25, 2023
I have access to insulin and loads of pills they hardly use but they aren't mine, I know it's selfish to OD on others medications, but sometimes I feel so desperate I can't help but consider it

glitterypearls

glitterypearls

sing me to sleep
Mar 23, 2023
I was obsessed with ODing on insulin when I was a teenager but from research it doesn't seem always successful and someone can easily find you and treat you so the chance of being find out and saved is higher. the symptoms of ODing on insulin is hell to live through so SI would kick in and above that (I think) there is a possibility of turning into a vegetable in a worse case. not reliable at all.

terminatepain

terminatepain

female 19 from Germany
Apr 27, 2023
Is it possible to bring your body to the brink of collapse through a diet and / or through extensive sports training, ballet exercises and then provoke a quick and certain death with insulin?

Reactions: Insulinsuicide
D

downndone2

Living in misery
Jan 23, 2022
Idk, I keep thinking it is a viable option. I am too scared to order sn right now, although I'm in country so the curing meats excuse would probably work.
Only other option I have is gun

L

LilaBlues

Oct 2, 2023
I can't remember exactly how much I took. I only had a handful of needles so I took as much as I could before they were all dulled and/or bent. I used short acting though, and I want to say I used 10 syringes full at least. So at least 100U I think.
What insulin did you use and did you use a pen? It seems the short-acting one are only available via pen?

Thank you!
I've read that death by insulin OD is fairly common but usually they can't tell if it's a suicide or accident so it doesn't get reported as such. Also if it fails I could just say I got my dosage mixed up. That's an advantage. As a diabetic I wonder if injecting several vials of the fast acting stuff and locking myself away from potential help would get me on the bus.
What dose do you think is needed to catch the bus?

Does anybody have any idea what dose of insulin is needed?

Thank you!

R

randal_bond

Me encantaria practicar ES con Hispanohablantes.
Oct 23, 2018
So I have several vials of fast acting insulin. Seems like a fairly reliable method. I would take quite a few opiates and some metoprolol in addition.

Thinking as long as no one find me within a day or two, maybe I'll get lucky and be successful

Insulin js a tricky OD but it's that or gunshot or some other messy means.

Does anyone know any more about it or anyone that's attempted, etc?? Any advice?
Can anyody tell me how peaceful such death is? I'm sure diabetics have similar experience not on purpose.