• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

kkrnb.inai

kkrnb.inai

meowmeowmeoeowmw
Feb 12, 2024
(this is in second person. "you" means me. dw.)

yes, you are mentally ill. you are mentally unstable. but you are not allowed to admit it. when discussing your mental illnesses, you are always reminded of how you, at least, aren't one of "those" people. those people that can't go outside, that scream in public, that wander the dark streets with blood pouring down their legs. but you are one of "those" people, you are that quintessential person. but admitting it is defeat. you are not worthy of sympathy anymore, you are a faking munchausens freak. if you can admit your problems, it means you aren't suffering from them enough. everything around you is only encouraging you to fall deeper into the pit of despair.
there is truly nothing to gain from getting better, besides the sarcastic cheers that you aren't even allowed to ask for. you must get so bad that you yourself are a walking plea for help. but you will never be. you will never be perceived as as horrible as you truly are. you are fully normal and nothing will change any of their minds. they decide what you are. no matter what you do, you are normal, because you are you. you can't be insane, because i raised you. i am your mother. you are not insane. you are not crazy. you are my son. stop crying and stand up like the normal person you are. you won't ctb. why? because you are my son, and my son wouldn't do that.
you aren't a person with illnesses and issues. you are a normal person, because that's the easiest way for me to think of you.

4everDone

4everDone

death is freedom
Feb 2, 2024
And who is addressing these things to "you"?

M

matt1968

Student
Nov 6, 2023
Yes it's like this - anything is a behavioural issue.

But then my parents talk about my mental health to others as well as my sexuality.

They talk to others about these (sounds neurotic but it's not - it gets back to me and their conversations with me are zero) more than me.

• Hugs
Reactions: LoiteringClouds
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
Mental illness is a construct designed by society. It labels a person as ab-normal which means 'away from the norm'. Norms (and rules) change through history, that is a fact. Einstein's IQ was also ab-normal (but in a good way) and not so long ago homosexuality for instance was an illness defined in the DSM.

My point is: people labeled with mental illness may be seen as something else (in a positive way) in the future and not as someone that has to be 'cured' with meds. The Open Dialogue technique that is used in Finland shows people experiencing psychosis can be talked down without the use of meds.

A sane person to an insane society must appear insane.

Kurt Vonnegut, Welcome to the Monkey House

ctbcat

ctbcat

Yes, the everlasting contrast.
Jul 14, 2023
i feel this, but i am also the opposite, in a way... my family blame any hurt, any anger, any upset i have on my illness, rather than something they mightve done. i try to speak rationally, i try to speak clear... no, it's my fault, it's my disease - won't even fucking listen... they're not narcissists, or anything. just closeminded, and trying to selfpreserve. selfpreservation is such a drug for the 'normal'/'adjusted'... aaaaaaaah i'm tired

M

matt1968

Student
Nov 6, 2023
Mental illness is a construct designed by society. It labels a person as ab-normal which means 'away from the norm'. Norms (and rules) change through history, that is a fact. Einstein's IQ was also ab-normal (but in a good way) and not so long ago homosexuality for instance was an illness defined in the DSM.

My point is: people labeled with mental illness may be seen as something else (in a positive way) in the future and not as someone that has to be 'cured' with meds. The Open Dialogue technique that is used in Finland shows people experiencing psychosis can be talked down without the use of meds.

A sane person to an insane society must appear insane.

Kurt Vonnegut, Welcome to the Monkey House
Yes absolutely.

In some smaller communities, people have been really valued for thiking differently

Reactions: divinemistress36
B

Buildingsandcastles

Feb 14, 2024
I feel this completely. It's a double edged sword in so many ways!