• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

E

End Piece

Student
Oct 4, 2019
My social worker and psychiatrist decided to section me yesterday after a few weeks of outpatient therapy. I'm in a women-only floor and they all seem really sweet, though I haven't been interacting much due to social anxiety. What I'm now grappling with is this between state of wanting and to live and wanting to die. I guess I want to live, but I really can't find a reason to. It seems like I have so much work to do in order to be even baseline functional. This latest bout of depression has made me regress to a helpless, childlike state. I want to make the best of my time here, though. Not like I have anything better to do.

L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
Sounds like youre in a good situation(?) If you are in limbo try bonding with some of the other ladies. Maybe finding common ground will help you feel connected and start to bring life to your spirit. When you're in limbo you have to find a trigger to jolt you back into wanting to live. Otherwise maybe just utilize the time to make an attempt at getting better to help you know whats the right decision for you.

If you decide you dont want to get better death is always waiting for you. Why rush it? Make the best of a decent situation. It may turn out tom help you especially if they can stabilize you with the right cocktail.

Lara Francis

Lara Francis

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
Hi.
It sounds to me that there is part of you that still wants to live and you therefore have a degree of hope which is worth holding on to.
Being on a ward is stressful at first so try to give yourself some time to collect your thoughts and accept the support offered.
Be mindful not to take on other patients problems and concentrate on what you want and need.You do not have to justify or find a reason to live atm because you have no choice anyway.
What section are they holding you on ?
I hope you can get some rest and sleep and know that we are here for you too.
Take care x

E

End Piece

Student
Oct 4, 2019
Hi.
It sounds to me that there is part of you that still wants to live and you therefore have a degree of hope which is worth holding on to.
Being on a ward is stressful at first so try to give yourself some time to collect your thoughts and accept the support offered.
Be mindful not to take on other patients problems and concentrate on what you want and need.You do not have to justify or find a reason to live atm because you have no choice anyway.
What section are they holding you on ?
I hope you can get some rest and sleep and know that we are here for you too.
Take care x
Well technically it was voluntary because they wanted to respect my autonomy, but they were going to force me if I didn't go myself. Thank you for your kind words.
Sounds like youre in a good situation(?) If you are in limbo try bonding with some of the other ladies. Maybe finding common ground will help you feel connected and start to bring life to your spirit. When you're in limbo you have to find a trigger to jolt you back into wanting to live. Otherwise maybe just utilize the time to make an attempt at getting better to help you know whats the right decision for you.

If you decide you dont want to get better death is always waiting for you. Why rush it? Make the best of a decent situation. It may turn out tom help you especially if they can stabilize you with the right cocktail.
Yes I do have hope, but zero motivation ya know? I'm not sure if it's the depression or extreme laziness. Lying in bed is all I want to do. I'm 23 living like I'm in a nursing home.

Last edited:
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Sorry to hear, psych wards are full of shitty drs and nurses. Hopefully you can recover without swallowing a kg of meds.
❤️

J

Jengator

Student
Sep 24, 2019
My social worker and psychiatrist decided to section me yesterday after a few weeks of outpatient therapy. I'm in a women-only floor and they all seem really sweet, though I haven't been interacting much due to social anxiety. What I'm now grappling with is this between state of wanting and to live and wanting to die. I guess I want to live, but I really can't find a reason to. It seems like I have so much work to do in order to be even baseline functional. This latest bout of depression has made me regress to a helpless, childlike state. I want to make the best of my time here, though. Not like I have anything better to do.
I hope you find it a positive experience. Try to get as much sunlight as possible.

E

End Piece

Student
Oct 4, 2019
Sorry to hear, psych wards are full of shitty drs and nurses. Hopefully you can recover without swallowing a kg of meds.
❤️
I've been on 10mg of cipralex for 3 weeks and they just bumped it up to 20mg today. The crushing blanket of despair seems to have been replaced with apathy. I wonder if there is a drug for motivation...

• Hugs
Reactions: Nem
Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Is the food any good? I've been inpatient once and the food was really good lol.

E

End Piece

Student
Oct 4, 2019
Is the food any good? I've been inpatient once and the food was really good lol.
Meh not really, pretty bland. But im somewhat grateful for that cuz ive been comfort/binge eating delicious junk food at home lol

• Hugs
Reactions: Azzy69
E

End Piece

Student
Oct 4, 2019
How are you doing in there?
I'm okay. Feeling very numb though, and still doing the bare minimum with my days. It's hard to take steps to create a better life when I'm still attached to the idea of suicide. Thanks for checking in.

Azzy69

Azzy69

-
Aug 8, 2019
Do you know how much longer you are going to be in there?

Dartz

Dartz

Give Me The Dirt
Jun 29, 2018
Pysch wards scare me more than nuclear fucking war. Those places are horrible imo.

Wreck-it-Riley

Wreck-it-Riley

My demon will see me undone
Oct 20, 2019
I was in a psych ward once and it was.... ok? But we had no internet access at all. They take your cell and anything with a camera too. The food was ok, and they let friends bring in junk food if you have any. My biggest fear right now is that if i do go in, i dont have anyone to bring me clothes or my heavier blanket like last time.