• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Not seen this thread before I don't think.

Never really realised it was this simple. Is it just a case of getting a diving kit and using an inert gas instead of an oxygen cylinder? What's the catch?

Doesn't oxygen have a different connector type to stop people doing it accidentally or something?

When something looks so easy, has to be a catch somewhere 🙂

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
Can I ask where you are located? As in, the U.S. or Europe or Asia? I ask because I am from the eastern part of the U.S. and am nervous about buying a tank and what story to tell them in person. I don't want them to push a 95% nitrogen tank on me instead of a 99% tank because for the latter (I assume) my story has cannot be about needing food-grade because food-grade is 95%. I think medical or industry grade is 99% and above, but what story can fit those types.

I'm in the USA. I believe all nitrogen tanks have the same connections in the USA. But @Tears in Rain begs to differ a little?

I wasn't asked any questions. I paid almost $300 for a used tank and 40 cubic feet of 99.999% N2. They made $250 profit, a welding store. They don't care.

The easiest excuse is that you need pure nitrogen as a shielding gas for welding. If you're in a farming area, tell them you are using them to dispatch (kill) your farm animals for meat harvests. They shouldn't ask you anyway. It's none of their business and it's not required for you to tell them. But if you volunteer that info, then you know for certain you are getting 99.999+% N2...to kill something. If you're not in a farm area, use the welding excuse or tell them you are using it for home brewed nitro beer. The more pure the nitrogen, the longer the beer retains its flavor and fizz. They will suggest 70% nitrogen for this use. But insist/demand that you want the best beer, and purest nitrogen.

Again, it's none of their business. You don't need to tell them anything. It's an inert gas. It's not poison. If you call ahead, at most places, you can just order it, be specific about what you need, and pick it up the next day. I paid cash, no cards, no names, no hassle.

Not seen this thread before I don't think.

Never really realised it was this simple. Is it just a case of getting a diving kit and using an inert gas instead of an oxygen cylinder? What's the catch?

Doesn't oxygen have a different connector type to stop people doing it accidentally or something?

When something looks so easy, has to be a catch somewhere 🙂
The catch is the adapters. SCUBA regulators are threaded to screw into oxygen tanks, not nitrogen, argon, etc. tanks. It was a pain to find the U.S. adapters for my nitrogen tank. I actually ordered them from the UK, but needed a middle man since the UK wouldn't ship them directly to the USA.

It's two pieces. You screw the two pieces together, screw that into the tank, screw the regulator into the other end of the adapter, and that's it. Turn on the gas, the regulator only allows nitrogen flow when you inhale, all your exhaled gas goes out the SCUBA mask, like when you see bubbles when real SCUBA divers exhale under water.

It's different in the UK though. I honestly think it's a bit more complicated in the UK and EU, meaning the adapters needed. UK inert gas tanks are different from US tanks. I've also read that pure nitrogen is harder to get in the EU, except for maybe the Netherlands since it once had a thriving farm/meat animal industry. Once I figured out the adapters and made sure to get a DIN regulator (not INT), that's really it. Now I'm just waiting for a date to go in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
I'm in the USA. I believe all nitrogen tanks have the same connections in the USA. But @Tears in Rain begs to differ a little?

I wasn't asked any questions. I paid almost $300 for a used tank and 40 cubic feet of 99.999% N2. They made $250 profit, a welding store. They don't care.

The easiest excuse is that you need pure nitrogen as a shielding gas for welding. If you're in a farming area, tell them you are using them to dispatch (kill) your farm animals for meat harvests. They shouldn't ask you anyway. It's none of their business and it's not required for you to tell them. But if you volunteer that info, then you know for certain you are getting 99.999+% N2...to kill something. If you're not in a farm area, use the welding excuse or tell them you are using it for home brewed nitro beer. The more pure the nitrogen, the longer the beer retains its flavor and fizz. They will suggest 70% nitrogen for this use. But insist/demand that you want the best beer, and purest nitrogen.

Again, it's none of their business. You don't need to tell them anything. It's an inert gas. It's not poison. If you call ahead, at most places, you can just order it, be specific about what you need, and pick it up the next day. I paid cash, no cards, no names, no hassle.

The catch is the adapters. SCUBA regulators are threaded to screw into oxygen tanks, not nitrogen, argon, etc. tanks. It was a pain to find the U.S. adapters for my nitrogen tank. I actually ordered them from the UK, but needed a middle man since the UK wouldn't ship them directly to the USA.

It's two pieces. You screw the two pieces together, screw that into the tank, screw the regulator into the other end of the adapter, and that's it. Turn on the gas, the regulator only allows nitrogen flow when you inhale, all your exhaled gas goes out the SCUBA mask, like when you see bubbles when real SCUBA divers exhale under water.

It's different in the UK though. I honestly think it's a bit more complicated in the UK and EU, meaning the adapters needed. UK inert gas tanks are different from US tanks. I've also read that pure nitrogen is harder to get in the EU, except for maybe the Netherlands since it once had a thriving farm/meat animal industry. Once I figured out the adapters and made sure to get a DIN regulator (not INT), that's really it. Now I'm just waiting for a date to go in the next few weeks.
Looks pretty straightforward forward once you see pictures of it.

Diving kit and inert gas are both cheap here and easy to get in the UK.

I think its just that adapter to hook up the diving mask to the inert gas, but doesn't sound too hard as you put it. Could probably even rig one up at the local hardware store..

Reactions: Onomatopoeia
Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
Looks pretty straightforward forward once you see pictures of it.

Well when I post my goodbye thread in a few weeks, and you don't hear from me ever again, then yes, it's definitely a straightforward process. but won't lie. I read hundreds of pages of scientific studies and anecdotal CTB situation with nitrogen before feeling confident in it.

roku6

roku6

Student
Jan 23, 2024
I finally have everything necessary to go. Crazy how I've been looking at photos of all this stuff for weeks. Now it's all sitting in my garage. It shouldn't be this expensive to have a quick, peaceful death. The final bill ended up being about $900. For the record, I will be cutting the mouthpiece off and not using it.

I've decided to do it in my husband's car in the garage. The N2 tank will be in the passenger seat, I'll be in the driver seat with my seatbelt on. From what everyone says, I'll just turn the gas on full blast since the regulator will control the pressure. According to the Dignitas study of four people who did inert gas (helium in their case), they all lost consciousness in anywhere from 36 to 55 seconds. They were instructed to exhale deeply and hold it while putting the mask on.

Three of them stopped breathing completely in under 4 minutes. One woman took 37 minutes to die because her mask was not on properly, and Dignitas cannot help you with that (but she was unconscious for 36 of those minutes). Otherwise they could be charged with crimes. It's very important to try on your mask several times, and even leave it on for a while so it fits the shape of your face. All four of them had involuntary arm flailing after losing consciousness. That's why I want to be strapped in so I don't knock over the tank or slump over, or god forbid, somehow involuntarily knock my mask off.

I'm going to pull a Britney Spears and shave my hair right before CTB. I'm going to look really weird. But at least I'll only have to look at it for a few minutes. Hair, both facial and on top of your head, is your enemy with this method. You probably don't have to shave your head. But my hair is long, down to my mid-back. I just don't want any complications at all. I'm guessing it will take at least two months for anyone to know I'm dead. Hopefully I'm close to a skeleton by then.

Not sure when I'll do it. Definitely by the end of March. Or the next time I'm missing him to the point that my whole body hurts. I'll read over all the literature again over the next several days just to make certain.

View attachment 130515
Is that the IST full face mask? Silicon or rubber version?
I have seen some bad reviews that it is not fitting that well leaving gaps. It has only 3 points for straps vs 5+.
How is it working for you, did you test for air tightness?

Onomatopoeia

Onomatopoeia

Student
Feb 17, 2024
Is that the IST full face mask? Silicon or rubber version?
I have seen some bad reviews that it is not fitting that well leaving gaps. It has only 3 points for straps vs 5+.
How is it working for you, did you test for air tightness?

I don't remember where I read it. But IST is a subsidiary of a major, reputable SCUBA gear company. It's like all those weird tire brand names that are subsidiaries of Goodyear. Other names for the exact same mask are Tecnomar and Pegasus. I got the rubber one. They all make the exact same mask because the patent expired. So now anyone can make it. Same with generic prescription drugs after the patent expires.

I had never tried on a SCUBA mask before all this. It squeezes right up against your face. You can't breath from your nose because the contours of the masks plug your nose. Again I've never SCUBA dived, so I honestly didn't understand how these things keep water out. But when you're underwater, the buoyancy/pressure pushes the mask even closer to your face, forming a seal. You know those plunger/sticky things like on a toy dart gun...where you lick or make the dart kind of wet so it sticks to glass or metal? I wet the edges of my mask when I put it on, and every breath, it seems it gets more snug, tighter.

And this guy used the exact same mask.

The bad reviews are for SCUBA diving. You can't really get a panoramic view with the way the eye glass is positioned. That is the biggest complaint, along with the mask not fitting fatter faces. But for CTB, none of that matters. One-time use (hopefully). Still many SCUBA divers use these as their backup mask, not their primary mask.

Last edited:
K

kudaphillips

Apr 17, 2024
Here's my setup but I might upgrade to vizzy eebd setup, or maybe even take some time and learn gas monkey scuba setup. Didn't want to break thread rules and not post my current setup but I do have questions on the regulator . I got it from max dog brewing but it says oxygen on it . Will this suffice with n2? What about the cheap argon regulators with flow meter ? The SUMO brand one vizzy used is not available to me. will buy any recommendations 7295FB36 E791 4240 8BA5 A6F2475F0190 47B6A857 DBBB 43B6 AE8E 80DC8043A28E EE71A818 3A1B 4077 9A71 507F33F5BF99

Last edited: