• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

J

jimjoe123

Jun 13, 2019
It looks to me like the CGA 580 side needs to be male though.
?? I think N2 tank is male CGA580 thus CGA 580 connector to G5/8 need to be female?
Correct me if I am wrong?
12353 Like this?

I found both sides male, but not both female

dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019
I think N2 tank is male CGA580
I don't think it is though. If you google it all the pictures show tanks with valves that have internal threads.

Over here in Europe it's the other way around. My helium tank has external W24 threads.

I'm just guessing but I'd research it before. Maybe that's also the reason the type of adapter you're searching for is rare - because it actually has little use.

Reactions: justamortal
dreamsofdestruction

dreamsofdestruction

Everywhere I look is chaos
May 9, 2019

But that picture looks like it has female threads? Here's the full size one:

This is Germany which, as you said, I thought had female end on gas tanks, opposite to US (has male end),
But what he bought was fro male end gas tank..like US and not Germany.

No, internal threads = female, external threads = male. So I said in Germany the gas cylinders have male threads. Therefore you screw a female adapter to it.

Last edited:
J

jimjoe123

Jun 13, 2019
My bad...I got confused trying to find example tanks..
Photo I sent you show non thread (female) but I meant to upload threaded female tank valve.

Here's what I learned so far. Apparently not all countries use same either male or female gas tank connector.
I read EXIT material again about MaxDog...N2 tank is AUS is male, but tank recommended for US is female (same as photo of red tank I uploaded).
The a friend in Philippines shows me male like AUS...so is Germany...

Also another little confusing part, what type of connector? CGA580 or G5/8?
US tank female is CGA580 like philippines, Germany is W24(??), some we found sold on internet even show G5/8 connector (actually it was regulator with G5/8 so I assume some tanks are G5/8.

So what have I learned from this????
Scuba option using DIN regulator with G5/8 male need female G5/8 tank connection which now I am finding is almost impossible.
To use US female tank I need female G5/8 into scuba regulator and GCA580 male into gas tank, this not available??

So maybe respirator connected to N2 tank with regulator (like sued for beer making) is my choice?
(regulator and tank makes perfect CGA580 connection..female to male)

Anyway thanks for the discussion, I learned a lot..:):)

Reactions: Kurt
K

Knowledgeseeker

Jan 14, 2020
Okay, here comes the translation:

page 1

diving regulator gas method
nitrogen/helium inhalation via diving regulator

This is the sophisticated version of the well known exit bag method, so to speak.

As an introduction to the original exit bag method I recommend the addendum to the book "final exit 3rd edition" (www.kopete.cc/web/Final_Exit.pdf)

The various problems and uncertainties of the original setup (plastic bag + gas tank with permanent gas flow) are addressed in numerous other threads and are not the topic of this post. Instead I merely want to present my results here, which come from the consideration of said uncertainties.

The basic idea to breathe an inert gas (in this case nitrogen or helium) is my starting point as well. I'll just try to rule out the uncertainties of the plastic bag as well as of the permanent gas flow from the tank by following a somewhat more technically involved approach.

First of all, let me point out the advantages of nitrogen/helium inhalation again:
  • NO shortness of breath and NO feeling of suffocation since CO2 keeps being removed
  • Unconsciousness kicks in very quickly
  • Death after a maximum of 3 minutes in pain free unconsciousness
It doesn't matter which of the both gases you pick for the method shown here.

For a clear explanation of the mode of action of nitrogen inhalation, you can download the BBC report "How to kill a human being" from http://xhgc18.blogspot.com/2008/01/bbc-horizon-how-to-kill-human-being.html or watch it directly at http://bizarrereport.com/killhuman.htm

The German translation with the title "Die Wissenschaft des Tötens" (The science of killing) can be watched here: http://de.sevenload.com/videos/BWXpLPs-BBC-Exklusiv-Die-Wissenschaft-des-Toetens

In two chapters (> 30th minute?) the consequences of oxygen deficiency for the brain, as well as explicitly the mode of action of nitrogen inhalation are clearly demonstrated by means of an animal experiment carried out at the University of Bristol under the direction of Dr. Raj.

(Concerning the compatibility of nitrogen inhalation with ethical principles in animal medicine; see also: Euthanasieverfahren in der Tierarztpraxis nach Hubbel (euthanasia procedures in the veterinarian practice according to Hubbel): http://www.vetion.de/focus/pdf/Euthanasieverfahren-Tabelle.pdf)

Indicative of the effectiveness is also the statement of the Safety Advisory Group of the EIGA (European Industrial Gases Association) in their safety newsletter about the effect of inert gases in their extra edition "Kampagne gegen den Erstickungstod" (campaign against asphyxia)

Quote:
Inert gases like nitrogen, argon and helium are odorless, colorless and tasteless and are therefore insidious by nature, because they don't give any warnings about their presence and the life threatening change of the local atmosphere. For persons who are unaware of this, suffocation through inert gases happens without any prior signal, which can occur very quickly. Just seconds of low oxygen concentration are enough. You just don't notice that you're passing out.

page 2

The requirements for the technical implementation of my considerations were:

1. The creation of a nitrogen/helium atmosphere that's as pure as possible and not mixed with exhaled breath (oxygen and CO2)
  2. The apparatus must not become ineffective through uncontrolled movements of the body during unconsciousness or relaxation of the muscles and therefore a changed body position
  3. Emitted gas must not endanger others when the person is found
Required are:
  • Diving regulator, consisting of 1st stage (pressure reducer DIN) and 2nd stage (demand valve)
  • Nitrogen/helium tank, 3 or 5 liters, purity at least 2.8
  • Adapter for connecting the tank to the diving regulator
  • Full face diving mask
This might at first sound complicated to some people, but in principle it's simple and moreover all components can be comfortably ordered online from home. Still, for safety reasons all links to dealers are included in such a way that they cannot be clicked on directly (does not apply to the attached PDF).

Some basic things:

I will explain everything in detail, even if it leads to the text becoming bloated and things being mentioned that actually don't require explanation. But I'm certainly not alone in my belief that planning your own passing requires the utmost diligence.

Nevertheless, there will obviously also be people who believe they don't even have 14 days of time to get a hold of all the required pieces and to assemble them carefully. And of course there will be those who are not willing or not able to invest the necessary amount of about 200€.

Those who don't have the required funds I would advise to explore all possible ways of acquiring them.

The others who don't want to invest the necessary time or money can stop reading at this point. Good luck to you, you're going to need it. Because the often described failed attempts using various suicide methods are generally the result of overhasty preparation or a lack of preparation.

page 3

Ingredients

1. Diving regulator, consisting of 1st stage (pressure reducer) and 2nd stage (demand valve)

This is a diving regulator like the ones used worldwide by divers or firefighters and which are offered on eBay by the hundreds. For our purposes a very simple regulator will suffice and can be bought for about 70€ in used and certified condition. There are different designs depending on the manufacturer and there are different terms used (<various German terms for diving regulator which seem to have no English equivalents>) but they all mean the same thing.

The regulators consist of two parts which are connected by a hose. The 1st stage is a pressure reducer, which regulates the gas pressure that's 200 bar for a full tank down to about 9 bar above ambient pressure. The second stage, the actual breathing regulator, further reduces the pressure so that the gas can be breathed normally through the mouthpiece. These adjustments happen automatically and require no manual control.

Picture:
  • Pressure hose between 1st and 2nd stage
  • 1st stage = pressure reducer with DIN connector
  • 2nd stage = demand valve with mouthpiece
page 4

The second stage works according to the demand principle. This means that there's only gas flowing when breathing in. When no breathing is taking place or during breathing out, the gas flow is automatically stopped and the exhaled breath is directed out of the demand valve via a diaphragm.

From this follows that the gases that are breathed out never mix with the gas that's breathed in (-> pureness of the nitrogen/helium atmosphere). Furthermore it reduces the required amount of gas dramatically, because there's not a permanent flow, but just during breathing. The fact that there isn't gas emitted into the ambient air continually also means that others won't be in danger when the person is found.

If you put the search term regulator into eBay, you immediately get numerous offerings of used diving regulators. Often the devices offered on eBay include additional features like octopus (secondary demand valve) or finimeter (pressure gauge). if something like that is included, it doesn't matter, but it's unneeded for our purposes and only makes the thing more expensive.

There are also numerous dealers of diving equipment on the net apart form eBay, all of which sell used equipment. Just google it.

The picture above for example is an item from this company:

http://www.orcawal-berlin.de

for 69€

When making a purchase, make sure the 1st stage has DIN threads for 200 bar tanks, so it can be connected via adapter to the nitrogen/helium tank. There are also INT connectors, but those don't fit the adapter. If it isn't clearly specified in the eBay auction, just ask the seller.

2. Nitrogen/helium tank, purity at least 2.8

The gas should have at least a purity of 2.8. There are several levels which are usually stated by the sellers. The first digit specifies the number of "nines". The second digit is the actual last digit after the decimal point.

So 2.8 corresponds to a purity of 99.8%. The highest commercially available purity is 6.0, which corresponds to 99.99990%. The higher the purity, the higher the price.

To calculate the required amount of gas, the following factors have to be determined:
  • breathing rate / minute
  • tidal volume
  • minute volume
  • maxmimum duration until death sets in
At the end you'll realize that even the smallest available size of tank is enough to kill you several times over, even with the addition of considerable safety margins.

page 5

The breathing rate per minute for an adult is given as about 15 at rest and about 22 at medium heavy work or stress in the relevant medical literature. Since unconsciousness sets in after 4-5 breaths, longer phases of stress and with that longer durations of an elevated breathing rate can be ruled out.

The tidal volume is not identical with the total lung capacity, but rather is the amount which is breathed in and out during normal breathing and constitutes about 600 to 750 ml for an adult, depending on height and weight. So only about 1/5 to 1/6 of the total lung capacity. To account for a possible increased consumption because of a higher body weight (BMI greater than 23), add a safety margin of 100% for the calculations and estimate 1500 ml as the tidal volume.

Graph:

Headline: tidal volume by height
Graph caption: tidal volume (VT) by height for BMI=23
X axis: height (m)

The maximum duration until death (brain death) when continually breathing a highly pure nitrogen/helium atmosphere is estimated as 1-3 minutes in literature. (Also refer to Dr. Raj in the above mentioned BBC report concerning this)

For the calculations I'll assume that we're all extremely though ;) and will hang on for twice the maximum duration, so 6 minutes, and will even be breathing until the last second, which is really very optimistic or rather unrealistic.

From breathing rate * tidal volume we can now calculate the minute volume:

22 * 1500 ml = 33 l/min

The minute volume * maximum duration until death gives us the maximum needed amount of gas:

33 l/min * 6 min = 198 l

page 6

A 3 liter gas tank, which is only filled to 150 bar due to its low wall thickness, already contains 3 l x 150 = 450 l of gas. This is 2.3 times the maximum needed amount calculated above, even though I already added considerable safety margins (100% respectively) in the multiplications.

The next larger tank size has a volume of 5 liters and a pressure of 200 bar. Everyone can figure out for themselves that the 1000 l contained within are 5 times the maximum needed amount. The right size for all safety fanatics. :)

Nitrogen/helium can be bought on eBay (including delivery) or directly from a local gas dealer and not least countrywide (meaning Germany) from the following companies:

http://www.ludenbach.com
http://www.techni-gase.de
http://www.fischer-gase.de

A 3 liter tank of nitrogen 2.8 for example costs 75€ + 7.50€ shipping at techni-gase.de. It has a height if 55 cm, a diameter of 10 cm and weighs 4.5 kg. (also available on eBay)

The 5 liter tank from the same dealer costs 109€ + 9€ shipping. It's 58 cm high, has a diameter of 14 cm and weights 11 kg.

At local dealers you can normally assume even lower prices.

Don't worry about being asked what you need the gas for. Nitrogen has so many applications, like filling tires, use as a propellant in fire extinguishers, conservation of works of art, leak detection in pressure lines and not even mentioning the industrial applications, so nobody is going to care about what you're planning to do with it.

Furthermore it's something that can be freely sold and not a controlled substance so that in extreme cases you can just point out to the seller that it's none of their business. I've sent several inquiries to dealers and was never asked for an intended purpose but was always greeted friendly as a new customer.

3. Adapter for connecting the tank to the 1st stage of the diving regulator

For safety reasons, oxygen tanks have different threads than nitrogen or helium tanks. So you don't accidentally connect a diving regulator to a gas tank. Abroad they have a somewhat more relaxed view of this and so you can buy appropriate adapters that allow you to connect the gas tank to the regulator.

Before you order the adapter, you have to decide for helium or nitrogen because the tanks have different threads and therefore require different adapters.

page 7

Both adapters can for example be ordered here:

Helium adapter (also for other noble gases like argon):
Thread adapter pressured air G 5/8" internal thread - noble gas W21.8 internal thread
http://www.tek-diver-shop.de/de/Gew...luft-G-5-8-Innengewinde-Edelgas-W218-Inn.html

Nitrogen adapter:
Thread adapter pressured air G 5/8" internal thread - nitrogen W24 internal thread
http://www.tek-diver-shop.de/de/Gew...uft-G-5-8-Innengewinde-Stickstoff-W24-In.html

Each costs 19.50€ plus shipping.

4. Full face diving mask

To ensure that the regulator's mouthpiece doesn't fall out of your mouth, you can either attach it to your head using a rubber band (like a dust mask) and at the same time wear a clip on your nose and in addition bind a bit of plastic wrap folded to 5 cm width vertically around your head so your chin doesn't drop when your muscles go limp and you don't start breathing secondary air instead of gas...

Or you can do it the right way and use a full face mask like divers use for ice diving.

It looks a bit menacing, but serves its purpose brilliantly. The mouth opening has the perfect fit to take in the mouthpiece of the regulator.

The masks cost about 45€ new on eBay plus shipping. Manufacturers are Cressi-Sub or Poseidon.

Available for example here: http://stores.shop.ebay.de/ww-LM-Trade__W0QQ_armrsZ1

A used one will work just as well though and can be bought for about 30€ plus shipping.

page 8

That's it, now we can start with the assembly

Picture 1:
  • tank
  • full face mask
  • diving regulator
  • adapter
Caption picture 2: Gas tank, to the left the handy package in which it was sent to me, by the way.

page 9

Setup

First you screw the tank adapter onto the tank valve. You can't do anything wrong here because it only fits one way.

Picture: screw adapter onto valve

If necessary, tighten a bit more using a wrench. No great effort is needed since the adapter is equipped with o-ring seals on the inside.

page 10

Then on to the diving regulator: Remove the mouthpiece. If it's secured with a zip tie, first cut that using a knife or scissors. It doesn't matter if the rubber mouthpiece gets damaged during this, we're not going to need it anymore.

pictures:
  • intake port
  • mouthpiece

page 11

Next, put some fat, butter, margarine (or whatever can serve as a lubricant) on the bare intake of the regulator, so it can be inserted without force into the mask's mouth opening. Of course, alternatively you can lubricate the mask's mouth opening a little.

page 12

Now the regulator is screwed onto the other side of the adapter. The threads of the regulator are equipped with an o-rong seal too, so screwing it on hand-tight should be enough.

After that, open the gas tank's valve and test the system for leaks. If we've done everything right, no gas should flow now. (Since gas only flows during breathing.)

If you can hear a hiss somewhere:
Close the valve again and tighten all the screw couplings we just assembled a bit.

page 13

Next we'll check the regulator function. For that, open the tank and press the purge button in the middle of the demand valve. (Looks different for some models but it's present on ALL regulators.) When holding the button down, gas flows through the intake, when releasing it the gas flow stops.

Finally adjust the mask. For that, adjust the straps to you individual head size. The mask should not sit too tight.

Pic: adjust strap length

You can check if it sits right by putting it on, closing the mouth opening with your palm and trying to breathe in. If the mask pulls a little closer to your face due to the underpressure, it's tight enough.

To preserve my anonymity I'll not demonstrate this step.

page 14

That's it

1. Get into a comfortable sitting position, ideally slightly reclined backwards or lie down.
  2. Put on mask.
  3. Insert intake of the regulator into the mouth opening of the mask
Pic: Insert intake into the mouth opening AFTER putting the mask on

4. Continue breathing normally. Unconsciousness kicks in after a few breaths.

page 15

For myself, I've hereby found the optimal method. My search and also my presence in this forum are over.

Thanks to everyone who looked into the problems of the exit bag method and got me to look into a setup that eliminates my fears and insecurities regarding the reliability of the nitrogen/helium inhalation method.

I'm not acutely suicidal, but finally know what I have to do and how in case I can't or don't want to go on anymore.

I have installed the complete apparatus into a trolley and am thereby capable to realize my idea of a humane, pain free death that meets my ethical requirements everywhere and at any time.

I wish you all the best,
Scrooge

I've read up until now 15 lpm was the standard rate. Now I can't even find a regulator that lists lpm in America, but plenty of argon metres for SCFM, which can be converted to lpm, but now I'm just confused. Which is it? If less gas is being used via the diving mask method, then how can the rate be more?

Reactions: Kurt
BlackholeHead

BlackholeHead

Jun 5, 2019
Since this thread is about scuba gear setups, there is no regulator with a constant flow (lpm) needed because the scuba regulator is demand based.

All the math in the description is just to figure out the minimum size or volume of the nitrogen tank.

Reactions: Kurt and BaronVon
L

LMFAO FOCKERS

Lost in Aokigahara
May 26, 2019
I've read up until now 15 lpm was the standard rate. Now I can't even find a regulator that lists lpm in America, but plenty of argon metres for SCFM, which can be converted to lpm, but now I'm just confused. Which is it? If less gas is being used via the diving mask method, then how can the rate be more?

The standard oxygen regulators can go from 15lpm up to 25lpm. Make sure you read because many only go to 8lpm for children. They are easily found on the jungle website. You will just need the converter connector fitting from nitrogen to oxygen.

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/max-dog-regulator-ridiculous-price.18831/

Reactions: Knowledgeseeker
Proto

Proto

Student
Jan 21, 2020
Thanks @dreamsofdestruction for the translation. i put the translation into a pdf including the pictures.

Attachments

• STICKSTOFF_A_M English.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 163
Reactions: GasMonkey, Euthanza, Bauhaus and 1 other person
Proto

Proto

Student
Jan 21, 2020
NjTPB8L.png

Got my mask ready. just waiting for the adapter.

Reactions: BaronVon and pthnrdnojvsc
F

frostedreef

Captain Nemo
Feb 21, 2020
I believe he's wearing a supplied air respirator something like this. The hose looks like its the soft plastic connection I mentioned earlier. These are the types of masks those workers wore in the accidental deaths. This one doesn't have good customer reviews but there are others that look similar and basically do the same thing.

41xR69j8CDL.jpg

I ordered this at Amazon for $120. The mask is made of soft rubber and the fit is airtight. I doubt it will let any outside air in even when unconscious. The inlet fitting can also easily be replaced with a hose barb style. My only concern is my 20 cubic feet nitrogen cylinder which is sufficient for the bag method will be too small. 38CA071E 6769 4568 95C7 C88ED2F98A3C

Reactions: Euthanza, justamortal and pthnrdnojvsc
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
I ordered this at Amazon for $120. The mask is made of soft rubber and the fit is airtight. I doubt it will let any outside air in even when unconscious. The inlet fitting can also easily be replaced with a hose barb style. My only concern is my 20 cubic feet nitrogen cylinder which is sufficient for the bag method will be too small.View attachment 28329
You said "The inlet fitting can also easily be replaced with a hose barb style." Do you have a link or can you write the size of the replacement hose barb (thread size etc.) that would fit that tube?

I assume you are talking about replacing that little piec that has that ring attached to it. that is similar or the same as this :
31-g8kA%2BE4L.jpg

The threaded white part screws into the black breathing tube . This is what it seems like to me. I don't know what size or type of thread is on that.

So all we need know is find out what connector thread that is . to do this i guess measure the white threaded part. is it 3/8" ? or something eLse? And what kind of thread is it? All it has to do is screw into the black tube.

I guess you meant you want to replace that with a hose barb similar to this? The only problem is finding one with the same threading and diameter .Something like this but with the same threading:
31lH2Qg2z1L._SX342_.jpg

This bottom one is a " Tubing ID: 1/4" Thread: 1/4" NPT Material: Brass Type: Male x Hose Barb Product . But the thread on the mask is probably not 1/4" NPT so what is the thread diameter on the mask small connector? How would you find that ?

Last edited:
K

knowman

Jan 15, 2020
I ordered this at Amazon for $120. The mask is made of soft rubber and the fit is airtight. I doubt it will let any outside air in even when unconscious. The inlet fitting can also easily be replaced with a hose barb style. My only concern is my 20 cubic feet nitrogen cylinder which is sufficient for the bag method will be too small.View attachment 28329
?? I think N2 tank is male CGA580 thus CGA 580 connector to G5/8 need to be female?
Correct me if I am wrong?
View attachment 12353Like this?

I found both sides male, but not both female
[/QUOTE.
My bad...I got confused trying to find example tanks..
Photo I sent you show non thread (female) but I meant to upload threaded female tank valve.

Here's what I learned so far. Apparently not all countries use same either male or female gas tank connector.
I read EXIT material again about MaxDog...N2 tank is AUS is male, but tank recommended for US is female (same as photo of red tank I uploaded).
The a friend in Philippines shows me male like AUS...so is Germany...

Also another little confusing part, what type of connector? CGA580 or G5/8?
US tank female is CGA580 like philippines, Germany is W24(??), some we found sold on internet even show G5/8 connector (actually it was regulator with G5/8 so I assume some tanks are G5/8.

So what have I learned from this????
Scuba option using DIN regulator with G5/8 male need female G5/8 tank connection which now I am finding is almost impossible.
To use US female tank I need female G5/8 into scuba regulator and GCA580 male into gas tank, this not available??

So maybe respirator connected to N2 tank with regulator (like sued for beer making) is my choice?
(regulator and tank makes perfect CGA580 connection..female to male)

Anyway thanks for the discussion, I learned a lot..:):)
Have you found the right adapter for a stage one regulator and a US nitrogen tank?

T

torentrap

Mar 10, 2020
Could someone please still answer ? See my post above this one :) Thanks

T

torentrap

Mar 10, 2020
did you reply to me about the maxdog regulator? Because I followed this lead by what was in the peacefull pill book. I would be really annoyed if that's wrong.

F

frostedreef

Captain Nemo
Feb 21, 2020
did you reply to me about the maxdog regulator? Because I followed this lead by what was in the peacefull pill book. I would be really annoyed if that's wrong.

Sorry but the maxdog regulator wasn't designed for a diving mask. Though it may work on a modified full face snorkeling mask.

T

torentrap

Mar 10, 2020
Peacefullpainless, would you be able to answer my last post ? :)

B

bellaciao

Apr 18, 2020
Thanks everyone for this clear information. For the purity of the gas, can a blend of N2 and Co2 (80% 20%) can work? I think this is a great method but the gas are hard to get in Canada.
Thank you for your time and sorry for my English ;)

O

oopswronglife

Elementalist
Jun 27, 2019
Im confused as this thread seems to be diverging. What are the possible mask/adapter/tank options? It seems a Suba Full Face Mask is harder because adapters to nitrogen or argon tanks are impossible to find. Some suggest industrial respirators but that's a different thing as there is no second stage demand regulator, just whatever LPM flow your first stage on tank sent and I guess exhalation from the outflow valve? Same with modding snorkel masks etc. I don't know which is better and which parts are and are not available. I have found tanks and first stage regulators for those tanks...just don't know how to adapt and use with various masks. Seems impossible for the most part to get a Scuba tank filled with nitrogen as well to skip the adapting.

J

job1315

Student
Oct 25, 2020
Can someone create an updated guide on this like a megathread? Thanks

F

FromGermany

Specialist
Oct 23, 2021
This man's case has been discussed here previously. He was an experienced scuba diver with professional-level equipment and knew what he was doing.
There is no evidence, that he was an experienced Scuba diver. This probability was not confirmed, even not by police authorities of both the countries involved in the case.

I am also not a Scuba Diver, not even a diver at all, but due to tremendous research and helpful information of a nice person with PM I now know exactly, how to do it. I know the 2 main things which are so are important that it will work, what to buy, how much to pay, every little detail I have researched and will continue to research.

This can be a CTB-ready-in-5-minutes set, even if your body had a stroke or so and you are still able to crawl to the on alert ready prepaired set. As long as you can move your body a few meters and use both hands, you can do it. You not even have to sit for that.

Cheap Scuba masks and cheap stage 2 regulators will not work. I would need 3 bottles of N, because I am so large. 2 bottles to drink and one bottle, which will be opened probably by customs for a drug test and so becomes useless. With one bottle of N I don't believe, I would die.

3 bottles of N are so expensive, and I never know, if they will not be confiscated, that I can invest 1.200 including everything, also a pressured air tank for divers to test everything. into the perfect Scuba set if my face is one of almost all, who fit.

And if my face does not fit, I have still the possibility of the classic exit bag.

Last edited:
pane

pane

Hollow
Apr 29, 2019

FromGermany would you please consider writing a "how-to" post that explains in detail how to use this method along with listing the sources from which you obtained all the needed equipment?
I am also not a Scuba Diver, not even a diver at all, but due to tremendous research and helpful information of a nice person with PM I now know exactly, how to do it. I know the 2 main things which are so are important that it will work, what to buy, how much to pay, every little detail I have researched and will continue to research.

This can be a CTB-ready-in-5-minutes set, even if your body had a stroke or so and you are still able to crawl to the on alert ready prepaired set. As long as you can move your body a few meters and use both hands, you can do it. You not even have to sit for that.

Last edited:
F

FromGermany

Specialist
Oct 23, 2021
Of course I will do that, after I have researched it to the absolutely end, so that I am confident with it, purchased and tested everything. This can be a process for months, because there is no easy CTB without risks, which have to be minimized by all available means.

F

FromGermany

Specialist
Oct 23, 2021
Probably, there are a lot of old masks in the shops.

So check the serial number, because in April 2019 there was a safety recall by Ocean Reef.

"Ocean Reef found that one instrument of the production chain of its Integrated Diving Masks has lost its calibration which could lead to the regulator assembled on the mask to not work properly."

produktwarnung.xx/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/Recall-serials-letter.pdf

Replace xx with eu for the full pdf with the serial numbers.

You see, you have to research and double check really everything to be safe.

F

FromGermany

Specialist
Oct 23, 2021
FromGermany would you please consider writing a "how-to" post that explains in detail how to use this method along with listing the sources from which you obtained all the needed equipment?
You will find the thread for all of that here:

https://sanctioned-suicide.net/thre...with-nitrogen-and-replace-the-exit-bag.79080/

Reactions: justamortal and pane
Raum

Raum

Mar 8, 2022
I'm currently researching the details of this method and stumbled upon this paper:

(I've attached it to the post too.)

Here one guy used a scuba mask connected to a nitrogen tank. It seems to eliminate some of the uncertainties that come with the plastic bag variant, like does it sit snugly enough and do you have enough flow of gas to flush out the carbon dioxide, etc.

But as they write in the paper, it seems to be a somewhat exotic case. But why? How come this is not more popular?

I've not yet tried to find out what the technical difficulties of putting it all together would be. Guessing people who are knowledgeable at diving would probably not be very helpful on average. Does anyone here know a bit about this stuff?

I don't assume all the equipment can just be bought and hooked up to one another, since I don't think the connectors would fit. But it seems weird to me that there isn't any material to be found on the topic, since it seems to be such a perfect setup.
Hey bro, are you still alive?
Im planning to follow this guide and wanted to info share if you were.

J

justamortal

Dec 13, 2021
in my country the nitrogen thread is g5/8,i hope i can find my adapter

Reactions: Euthanza
Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
I like this legal and non medical.

Reactions: GasMonkey and justamortal
Kurt

Kurt

Aug 2, 2022
Thanks @dreamsofdestruction for the translation. i put the translation into a pdf including the pictures.
This is so very helpful! Now I just have to determine the USA equivalents.

S

Sun n showers

Student
Jul 4, 2022
I have researched this aswell and it is my chosen method, I have that setup at home waiting for my final decision.
I honestly don´t know why everyone thinks that guy was a scuba specialist, all he did was follow that german manual.

In a rough translation (not translating the math because its really too much) you need a 5 litre @ 200 bar (=1000l) tank of nitrogen with a quality of at least 99%, even a 2 litre tank (400l) would in theory be enough as you only consume nitrogen on demand with the scuba gear.

You will need a Stage 1 & Stage 2 scuba kit, which you can buy cheap in used condition at ebay (follow the links in the manual to see examples).
You will need an ice diving mask.

The tricky part is the adapter, now in germany nitrogen tanks have a W24 (Wrench size 24) thread and the oxygen tanks have a 5/8" one, so that you cannot connect them easily. But you can buy those on ebay or at diving shops online. There seem to be different threads on international diving equipment, make sure you get one with the international 5/8" thread.

If your nitrogen tanks in your country use different threads, then you must find an adaptor from that to the 5/8" from the stage 1 of the scuba gear.

The whole setup cost me about 240,- Euro.

Everything after that is easy, when everything is connected, open the tank valve, if anything is hissing, close valve, check connections, if nothing is hissing, connect the stage 2 mouthpiece thingie to the ice diving mask, put on mask (tight fit, you can test this with just the mask on the face, closing the mouthpiece opening with the hand, if the mask sucks itself to your face, everything is sealed) and breathe.
The stories about this just working under water pressure is nonsense, the inhale/exhale valve in the mouthpiece works fine with just your inhalation closing it from the outside and the exhalation closing the nitrogen flow and let the used air out.

The only annoying thing is the scuba sounds, but when everything is right, you will only hear that for a minute.
Do you still have all the equipment?