• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
So, I've come to realize something. I'm very level-headed right now and when I'm like this, I make observations with the way I view life when I'm less level-headed.

Inconveniences are ALWAYS going to be a part of life. This doesn't mean that your life is going to be significantly worse. Like recently, I worried that I wouldn't be accepted for a substitute teacher position and I failed a test for a retail position.

These things are just minor inconveniences. I can always retake the retail test later this month. The substitute teaching thing isn't over yet either. I learned that they're delayed currently as they are also working on hiring other people and they'll get back to me when they're ready to start training.

If I don't get it, I'll just try and look elsewhere for a job.

My main point is, anxiety can be a real bitch sometimes, but these inconveniences that happen all throughout life are insignificant in the grand scheme of things.

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
That's true.. It's just so hard to motivate yourself through the little setbacks(let alone the large ones) when you're chronically suicidal and shifting that mindset takes a lot of active work.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
That's true.. It's just so hard to motivate yourself through the little setbacks(let alone the large ones) when you're chronically suicidal and shifting that mindset takes a lot of active work.
Exactly. I know I post a lot on here and these little setbacks sometimes are enough to just really bring me down.

That's why I wish I was level-headed more often, feels like a taste of normalcy. I hope anyone who's had minor setbacks recently can see this post and maybe it'll help them.