CannabisMuncher

CannabisMuncher

You can call me kilometers, cuz ima kms ( He/Him )
Dec 23, 2023
Im not sure if i want to recover or not. But I think that edibles would be a good alt to SH, but im not sure how to get them or what kind. i still live with my parents and all, so im not sure how to do this.

TheShadowKing

TheShadowKing

≽^- ˕ -^≼
Dec 5, 2023
Weed will be the safest. Shrooms also but you can't do them too often unless you're microdosing or you'll end up permanently tripping. Besides those 2 I wouldn't recommend anything else you'll better off self harming then having a serious addiction

• Informative
Reactions: CannabisMuncher
mutt

mutt

Dec 21, 2023
thc is probably the best alternative if your specifically looking for a drug. check your country/state laws to see if you can get a med card or just go to a dispensary if your of age. if your not of age and you live in a place where it is decriminalized for medicinal use/legalized, you could ask an adult you trust to get it for you. if it is completely illegal or you have no other ways to get it and you think it is the only thing that can help you, you can try buying online, but you need to do EXTENSIVE research beforehand to avoid getting caught up in the law. buying online is generally safer than finding a dealer irl if you take the correct precautions. you could also try alcohol/nicotine but nic is way too addicting for such mild effects, and alcohol destroys your liver and is unpleasant when you drink too much.

as for things that are not substances. yoga/meditation works for some people. you can also find music that could help curb the urge. there are plenty of genres to explore from dsbm (depressive suicidal black metal) to phonk to classical to just generic pop. if you need to be doing something with your hands you can use a pen/pencil on paper to draw or to just make scratches.

if you need a feeling to be achieved, less destructive alternatives that dont require drugs could be: squeezing your wrists, snapping a band against your wrist, or pinching yourself

hope i could help :)

• Love
Reactions: ctvunny and CannabisMuncher
Rhizomorph1

Rhizomorph1

May you find peace in living or dying
Oct 24, 2023
Weed will be the safest. Shrooms also but you can't do them too often unless you're microdosing or you'll end up permanently tripping. Besides those 2 I wouldn't recommend anything else you'll better off self harming then having a serious addiction
Ugh,

Sorry but no amount of shrooms will make anyone permanently trip.

If someone is predisposed to schizophrenia psychedelics can trigger latent psychosis. But this is not causal; the person already had dormant schizophrenia.

HPPD is not only rare and poorly documented, but appears to be unbothersome among those who apparently reported it; thus not meeting the criteria of a true "disorder". My hypothesis is people just have greater attention to visual acuity and patterns in their vision after a hallucinatory experience. My guess is it doesn't actually exist and is bolstered by the mountains of wives tales surrounding psychedelics.

Anybody else will be totally safe eating many mushrooms. The main risk is psychological. So be sure to prepare a good (mind)set and setting. Start low go slow if you're inexperienced. Create a container of emotional and psychological safety.

Besides the psychological risk and any obvious contraindications (pregnancy, heart disease, etc.), psychedelics are very good for you. They promote the growth of neurons and dendritic spines which connect these neurons and allow for psychological flexibility so you can try out new ways of thinking, behaving, etc. with greater ease.

Source: I did a research thesis on psychedelic medicine and have studied hallucinogens for 5+ years.
Im not sure if i want to recover or not. But I think that edibles would be a good alt to SH, but im not sure how to get them or what kind. i still live with my parents and all, so im not sure how to do this.
There are plenty of online dispensaries that may ship to you depending on your country. Search up on Reddit.

Cannabis is arguably lower risk than self harm but I hope you're above 18 (as anyone on this site should be) and preferably above 21 as cannabis delays the development of the prefrontal cortex; an area of the brain responsible for emotional regulation, decision making, and problem solving.

Don't fuck around with your brain with drugs. I did and I'm fucked. But, if you do, then do it safely (e.g., by replacing self harm with cannabis)

Vaporizers with nicotine are probably a better alternative for youth as well.

Just don't want to assume anyone's age regardless
yoga/meditation works for some people. you can also find music that could help curb the urge.
2nd this. Music is absolutely similar to a drug. I did a presentation on it during my altered states of consciousness class. Affects dopamine :)

Plug in some high quality (preferably 30,000hz+) ear monitors or headphones and meditate to some wicked music. Let your mind drift and all sorts of patterns and interesting sensations will arise akin to a drug high.

And the best part is you get to keep your sanity and long-term mood regulation in tact! (Unlike my brain).

Oh I wish I could go back to enjoy the little highs in life like meditation and music and mushrooms. Endless fun that never bites you in the ass like most other drugs. Psychedelics are my wonder child <3

Last edited: