L

letmebeworthdying4

May 12, 2024
Would anyone be interested to meet in person and have a group discussion? Openly share pur thoughts, feelings similarly as online, in hope we can listen and support one another. Suicide is a difficult topic to talk about when you are alone feeling this way, is often misunderstood and leaves you at times more frustrated trying to explain to someone who can't relate how you feel.

Has anyone tried to meet someone off this website, how safe is it?

Reactions: Ah.ow
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
Meeting someone in person from here or from any other forum/chat group is as "dangerous" as it is to meet someone you don't really know and who can pretend to be whatever they like when an online space is anonymous. It's probably more difficult to find someone who lives near you as this forum is very international. It's up 2 u and how comfortable you are and you have to know the risks.

I wouldn't mind discussing suicide and everything in person with like-minded people in an IRL group.

Reactions: EvisceratedJester, letmebeworthdying4, Forveleth and 1 other person
L

letmebeworthdying4

May 12, 2024
Meeting someone in person from here or from any other forum/chat group is as "dangerous" as it is to meet someone you don't really know and who can pretend to be whatever they like when an online space is anonymous. It's probably more difficult to find someone who lives near you as this forum is very international. It's up 2 u and how comfortable you are and you have to know the risks.

I wouldn't mind discussing suicide and everything in person with like-minded people in an IRL group.
I agree with what you said, I acknowledge there is a level of risk, a degree of volatility given the nature of this forum. I do thinking keeping your privacy online is also important. That aside, If genuine, it can be very cathartic and supportive place to talk about the experiences. Online is helpful but it misses the human contact that we sometimes need when we have reached such a desolated and painful place. That being said i wonder if a group chat with like minded individuals where you can chat, call or video would be a safer alternative, as although this forum is helpful it takes time for threads to be responded to and sometimes something more immediate seems more comforting. Thoughts?

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I agree with what you said, I acknowledge there is a level of risk, a degree of volatility given the nature of this forum. I do thinking keeping your privacy online is also important. That aside, If genuine, it can be very cathartic and supportive place to talk about the experiences. Online is helpful but it misses the human contact that we sometimes need when we have reached such a desolated and painful place. That being said i wonder if a group chat with like minded individuals where you can chat, call or video would be a safer alternative, as although this forum is helpful it takes time for threads to be responded to and sometimes something more immediate seems more comforting. Thoughts?
There is a chat feature here. You can access it. When you interact more with people here and when you become "better known" you may also get access to private discord groups and such.

L

letmebeworthdying4

May 12, 2024
There is a chat feature here. You can access it. When you interact more with people here and when you become "better known" you may also get access to private discord groups and such.
I didn't know. Thank you

A

Ah.ow

scared person
Mar 12, 2024
I wondered is online the only safe place or starting place for suicide info?

In-person, what are the risks? I mean suicide-related, not the online to inperson part- for example, being reported if someone feels someone else is 'too suicidal', or getting overheard, or emotions influenced to then want to be frank with unsafe people?

After becoming I guess more clearly discerning and trying to act by it, I'm confused still by those examples, and how to transition from my mask I guess?

I was called discerning before, but I didn't trust it, and was wrong and less informed about alot of phrases, so idk. And I still get alot wrong, and I don't think my manipulability will change, with my history or if my stability doesn't change. So idk, inperson feels less guarded or guardable. But I like the idea, I'm just very afraid
I was wondering for things like you mentioned, how does entering happen? I'm not trying to participate just to get there, but I'm interested to see asap, just as a person appreciating info related to S

Optimu$

Optimu$

Death Is Non Negotiable
May 10, 2024
I think almost all of us on here have wished to do this at one time or another but there are just so many reasons stopping most people from ever taking this up and who knows if the activists on here (maybe police) might even try to infiltrate it undercover.