P

PracheenKaal_00!

Student
Aug 22, 2023
This post is in no way to mean that I am complaining about the situation.
Also, I am just sharing my thoughts and how I feel.
I am aware of the fact that the SS team is doing all that they can to fully fix this site and restore as much data as possible.
Also, I understand that running this site as a whole (SS team, mods etc.) is not an easy task at all.
I appreciate what the SS team and mods day to day tasks to keep this site running as smoothly as possible (and I appreciate them). Without them this site would be near impossible to function.

I understand what had happened. But..
I'm unable to access my previous and today's post(s) content, and majority of the bookmarks that I have saved.

I still do hope that some of the resources have not been permanently lost and that I can access them.
I understand that the SS team is trying to restore the majority of the lost data (if not all).
It sucks though. The overall situation is sorta not good....

Aside from the above I've mentioned, some of the other site's functions are still not working.
Also, looks like the website is yet to be fixed. As at times, servers do not respond, and the servers time out randomly.
I am aware that the SS team is doing all they can.

Let's hope that whatever happened yesterday never happens again.
Also, let's hope that more safeguards are made, and that this website will never cease to stop functioning.

At least, this website is back up and running. That is relieving to know..
I hope that they are able to fix most of the issues.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadwriter, pthnrdnojvsc, locked*n*loaded and 6 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
My posts that I spent a long time making are gone as well, this site has been completely ruined. It seems like the website is dying to me.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: front of me, Kerrtu, locked*n*loaded and 4 others
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
The mods will fix all of these issues, don't worry.
My posts that I spent a long time making are gone as well, this site has been completely ruined. It seems like the website is dying to me.
Me too, I worked very hard on a lot of my posts, they were very long and I thought about a lot of things. My native language isn't english so its harder for me to write and everything disappeared. This website isn't dying, probably, yet. Hopefully everything gets restored to the mods' best abilities.

• Hugs
Reactions: sadwriter, Kerrtu, Sannti and 2 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
From what I have read the data of the past 7-8 days is probably lost, The forum started this morning on a backup that ended Aug. 31st. if I remember that right. All you links and posts after that date are currently not available or lost, that's why your bookmarks don't work.

I'm pretty sure the SS team is working hard to recover as much as possible.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: sadwriter, Kerrtu, locked*n*loaded and 5 others
rationaltake

rationaltake

I'm rocking it - in another universe
Sep 28, 2021
From what I have read the data of the past 7-8 days is probably lost, The forum started this morning on a backup that ended Aug. 31st. if I remember that right. All you links and posts after that date are currently not available or lost, that's why your bookmarks don't work.

Thanks. That makes sense to me now.

Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Moje posty, które spędziłem dużo czasu, również zniknęły, ta strona została całkowicie zrujnowana. Wygląda na to, że strona umiera dla mnie.
Let's not exaggerate. From what I've read, it took "only" 7-8 days to disappear (please correct me if I'm wrong). Of course, it may be sad for people who have been trying to talk out all this time and have lost these comments. We simply have to survive this period when the website works worse.

• Hugs
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, ChronicallyCynical, rationaltake and 4 others
P

PracheenKaal_00!

Student
Aug 22, 2023
I hope that this website will not stop functioning.
The mods will fix all of these issues, don't worry.

Me too, I worked very hard on a lot of my posts, they were very long and I thought about a lot of things. My native language isn't english so its harder for me to write and everything disappeared. This website isn't dying, probably, yet. Hopefully everything gets restored to the mods' best abilities.
I have faith in the SS team and mods. They are doing their best.
Don't worry about your English. Ur English is really good for a non-native speaker.
I do hope everything will be restored.

I believe they're doing what they can to restore as much as possible. I have faith in them.

• Hugs
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, アホペンギン and Praestat_Mori
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
@PracheenKaal_00! you may also want to have a look at www.archive.org some of your posts / threads might have been preserved there. It may be some work for you to find them but if it is really important you could consider this option.

Last edited:
Reactions: locked*n*loaded and PracheenKaal_00!
P

PracheenKaal_00!

Student
Aug 22, 2023
@PracheenKaal_00! you may also want to have a look at www.archive.org some of your posts / threads might have been preserved there. It may be some work for you to find them but if it is really important that could be sth to be considered.
Thank you so much :smiling:! I shall definitely look into that site 👍.

Reactions: locked*n*loaded and Praestat_Mori
NeedPeace83

NeedPeace83

Sep 9, 2023
same boat, i even lost contact with a friend i made here who was helping me.

• Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: sadwriter, locked*n*loaded, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
P

PracheenKaal_00!

Student
Aug 22, 2023
same boat, i even lost contact with a friend i made here who was helping me.
I'm really sorry to hear that. I hope that you will be able to reconnect with your friend.

• Hugs
Reactions: locked*n*loaded, NeedPeace83 and Praestat_Mori
RainAndSadness

RainAndSadness

Administrator
Jun 12, 2018
It's been fixed. Have fun.

• Hugs
Reactions: PracheenKaal_00!, Praestat_Mori, Kerrtu and 1 other person