KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Elementalist
Apr 15, 2024
I'm tired of coping with games, movies and secretly binge drinking while waiting and researching methods that may soon never be possible in my area due to rules and regulations or be discovered by my family or customs (inert gas or SN was my original method), so I need a sure backup plan and hanging seems less and less horrible. I'm watching videos of it and trying to harden my mind to pain and discomfort. I mean millions of criminals and pirates endured hanging, I should not be such a sissy.

My question still: Is there some kind of training or meditation exercises that would prepare me for hanging? And do alcohol and benzos really numb the pain a bit?

• Hugs
Reactions: CosmeticContests, vampire2002, chronicdissosiation and 5 others
Uninfluential_Karma

Uninfluential_Karma

Rat Cult Leader
Aug 5, 2024
Not sure if the pain can be helped, but you can make it a bit more comfortable by putting socks between you in the rope. As long as you can still cut off the artery, it should be fine. Also if you're able to do drop hanging, it should be painless if you're able to essentially snap the spinal chord. If you can get the artery right away or effectively drop hang, the pain would be nonexistent or only last a bit. I think painkillers and alcohol would make it a bit more tolerable, but I'm not completely sure. While it could be very painful, it'll last only an hour if you do mess up. That'll still suck but it's still somewhat short.

• Informative
Reactions: ChaiTea, vampire2002, SMmetalhead36 and 1 other person
Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
I'm tired of coping with games, movies and secretly binge drinking while waiting and researching methods that may soon never be possible in my area due to rules and regulations or be discovered by my family or customs (inert gas or SN was my original method), so I need a sure backup plan and hanging seems less and less horrible. I'm watching videos of it and trying to harden my mind to pain and discomfort. I mean millions of criminals and pirates endured hanging, I should not be such a sissy.

My question still: Is there some kind of training or meditation exercises that would prepare me for hanging? And do alcohol and benzos really numb the pain a bit?
Keep in mind that death is never painless unless we're talking about a bomb to the head or helium or something like that. You are indeed right in thinking that death by hanging is the least painful. If you do it right and go for full suspension, it will be briefly painful. The most distressing thing about hanging is the panic you feel from lack of air. You will feel that. But you should pass out relatively quickly. I tried strangling myself with a bathrobe belt to get used to the feeling of hanging myself, but that doesn't help, because it doesn't fully compress the carotids. So... yeah, just keep in mind that death is almost always a painful thing (it has to be, we are programmed to live, not to die), but yeah, hanging is the least uncomfortable method. I'll do it when my time comes and I've looked into several methods including SN, N, nitrogen, etc. I still choose full suspension hanging.

Hope this helps :)

• Informative
Reactions: ChaiTea and KillingPain267
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Elementalist
Apr 15, 2024
Not sure if the pain can be helped, but you can make it a bit more comfortable by putting socks between you in the rope. As long as you can still cut off the artery, it should be fine. Also if you're able to do drop hanging, it should be painless if you're able to essentially snap the spinal chord. If you can get the artery right away or effectively drop hang, the pain would be nonexistent or only last a bit. I think painkillers and alcohol would make it a bit more tolerable, but I'm not completely sure. While it could be very painful, it'll last only an hour itf you do mess up. That'll still suck but it's still somewhat short.
Good answer. Thanks for the detailed descr.

• Love
Reactions: Uninfluential_Karma
P

PhDone

Jul 29, 2024
I watched a video yesterday from a SaSu post of a guy talking through the pass out that happens if you start partial suspension and then stand back up. He showed a woman getting to the point of dizziness but not choking and then when she stood back up she passed out, something to do with the blood flow returning and sudden BP drop. So she then collapsed back onto the noose and would have started to ctb but now unconscious. It has me thinking is there a method in that?

I'm still working through SN but yeah theres points at which I feel like I just want an immediate solution. I hear you.

• Informative
Reactions: vampire2002
C

CosmicPaperCut

May 21, 2024
what helps me overcome that fear is knowing that once im dead i won't remember any of the pain. with hanging especially, it'll be brief before you pass out. the worst part about pain is the memories of it, but none of that will matter

E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
I watched a video yesterday from a SaSu post of a guy talking through the pass out that happens if you start partial suspension and then stand back up. He showed a woman getting to the point of dizziness but not choking and then when she stood back up she passed out, something to do with the blood flow returning and sudden BP drop. So she then collapsed back onto the noose and would have started to ctb but now unconscious. It has me thinking is there a method in that?

I'm still working through SN but yeah theres points at which I feel like I just want an immediate solution. I hear you.
the video was and wasn't about partial suspension.
It was trying to educate kids about the dangers of getting a thrill out of blood restriction.

We all did it one day when i was a kid One of the older kids, lined us all up against the wall and used their hands to knock us out, We all did it voluntary. No pain, quick blackout and then recovery.

I hung myself few years ago full suspension with a bed sheet, and it was painless.
The mistake i made was not securing the noose tight enough around my neck.

The idea that hanging equates to strangulation is simply not true
so is the idea that some how its a painful process.

The reason its not mentioned in the Peaceful Pill Handbook, is the The Writer "Dr Death" is personally against hanging for some reason

• Informative
Reactions: Evelyn Lane and vampire2002
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Elementalist
Apr 15, 2024
Keep in mind that death is never painless unless we're talking about a bomb to the head or helium or something like that. You are indeed right in thinking that death by hanging is the least painful. If you do it right and go for full suspension, it will be briefly painful. The most distressing thing about hanging is the panic you feel from lack of air. You will feel that. But you should pass out relatively quickly. I tried strangling myself with a bathrobe belt to get used to the feeling of hanging myself, but that doesn't help, because it doesn't fully compress the carotids. So... yeah, just keep in mind that death is almost always a painful thing (it has to be, we are programmed to live, not to die), but yeah, hanging is the least uncomfortable method. I'll do it when my time comes and I've looked into several methods including SN, N, nitrogen, etc. I still choose full suspension hanging.

Thank you, it helps

• Yay!
Reactions: Justnotme
P

PhDone

Jul 29, 2024
It was trying to educate kids about the dangers of getting a thrill out of blood restriction.

We all did it one day when i was a kid One of the older kids, lined us all up against the wall and used their hands to knock us out, We all did it voluntary. No pain, quick blackout and then recovery.

I hung myself few years ago full suspension with a bed sheet, and it was painless.

The reason its not mentioned in the Peaceful Pill Handbook, is the The Writer "Dr Death" is personally against hanging for some reason
Thanks for this. Yes I did pick up that it was a warning video. I wondered if it would equate to hanging attempt. Thats really insightful re your own attempt. So the noose slipped off? And prior to that no pain? Some of the videos online have so much thrashing around it looks like they are really suffering.

I wonder why Dr N doesnt like it as a method? Has it ever been rated in the peaceful/reliability scale?

Reactions: XcatnipX
KillingPain267

KillingPain267

Elementalist
Apr 15, 2024
Keep in mind that death is never painless unless we're talking about a bomb to the head
I've seen videos (Ukraine vids) of even THAT being painful and unreliable. I'm quite pessimistic about methods at this point, which is is why I am starting to accept pain as part of the process.

E

emma99

Student
Jul 31, 2024
I wonder why Dr N doesnt like it as a method?
Its very simple, He just frowns upon the idea of it as he thinks its horrible and disgusting.
But to give some context, his organisation exit international, advocates for the elderly to ctb.
And I can agree that the idea of granny having to hang herself is off putting.

Reactions: XcatnipX and PhDone
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023

How much would be the pain. Can you give some analogy to get an assumption on pain ? I am too afraid of physical pain ..

nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Student
Aug 6, 2024
I admire people who choose this method since it is so accessible. I would never trust myself to get all the preparations right, and would also be worried about crippling myself, waking up and having to live a much more miserable life than before.

D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
I admire people who choose this method since it is so accessible. I would never trust myself to get all the preparations right, and would also be worried about crippling myself, waking up and having to live a much more miserable life than before.
Can this method cripple?

kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
Well yes, if things go wrong. You are basically tinkering with your spinal cord. Your neck is a very important part of your body :)
What can you do to reduce the chances of things going wrong?

D

dolemitedrums

Arcanist
Jun 12, 2024
What can you do to reduce the chances of things going wrong?

Mostly just make sure you aren't found for an hour. Unless it's long drop hanging it's more that you're tinkering with blood flow to your brain and basically dying from brain damage while you're unconscious. Get "rescued" partway through and...now you've got brain damage.

Reactions: kinderbueno and AmberWasTheLastTry
kinderbueno

kinderbueno

Waiting at the bus stop
Jun 22, 2024
Mostly just make sure you aren't found for an hour. Unless it's long drop hanging it's more that you're tinkering with blood flow to your brain and basically dying from brain damage while you're unconscious. Get "rescued" partway through and...now you've got brain damage.
Thank you :) I'm thinking of doing full suspension as it has less chance of failing than partial

S

sometimesoon

Student
Jul 9, 2024

I have used Gore sites as a way to judge how my exit will go. I am always surprised how quickly people lose consciousness. If they don't, it is usually because the cord is a bed sheet and not a thinner-style rope. But we are talking about 5 to 10 seconds before their hands drop from holding the rope above them

I looked at one study that examined videotapes that were streamed, and I think most people, they said, lost consciousness within 10 seconds, with a few outliers at 15 seconds.

My guess is to get the rope positioning right, and you will be unconscious even before you feel the loss of your ability to breathe.

When I did my first real attempt, I went unconscious really quickly and would have been gone if I had done a better job on the anchor.

I don't remember it being painful, but I do remember the total inability to breathe in or out. My lungs felt frozen but I was not frightened - I just let my self go.

• Informative
Reactions: Evelyn Lane
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
If you research and do it correctly, pain is not an issue.
Everyone goes on about the pain, struggling and slow death.
Watch a few videos. Count the seconds from full suspension until they either go limp ot their arms show evidence of a siezure. In most cases it is between 3 and 7 seconds.
The movies and animations we can watch are amazing and complete fiction.
Whatever you choose, research so you know how it works and ends.

Evelyn Lane

Evelyn Lane

Hanging Expert
Aug 2, 2024
I looked at one study that examined videotapes that were streamed, and I think most people, they said, lost consciousness within 10 seconds, with a few outliers at 15 seconds.
Do you have a link to this study? And thank you for sharing your experience