• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
Just a ramble of mine. Of all people, I got inspired by Pewdiepie to draw again. I was so impressed by how he improved greatly in such a short amount of time that I decided to try doing a similar challenge he did. I suffer from a lot of insecurities regarding my ability as an artist so it's hard. I have so much self doubt. But I'm trying, and I feel like that's all that matters.

ForgottenTomb

ForgottenTomb

May 26, 2023
If I didn't watch a Youtube video of Pewdiepie playing Rocksmith in 2012, I wouldn't have begun playing guitar at all. That's awesome! When you start drawing, it's normal to be overly critical and get frustrated with slow improvement, the people I knew who started drawing all experienced this, it's not you or that you're bad at art. It's rewarding work to see the results of your self-expression and hard work. Keep going, you're doing great!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Malaria and whywere
slightoverlooked

slightoverlooked

Student
Dec 27, 2023
thats so cool!! honestly his video also inspired me and i started drawing in a sketchbook again. just drawing my fav characters and having fun in the process. it can be rlly calming after a bad day. its hard to get over the insecurities but that's why i try to do it for myself only. i dont show anyone my drawings its like my little fun secret

ForgottenAgain

ForgottenAgain

On the rollercoaster of sadness
Oct 17, 2023
That happened to me as well. What I did was create a little local website for my art. It's not on the Internet, it's a file I can double click and see my paintings in a gallery format. Not showing my art to other people was a game changer. No more looking at likes or comments, no more stress, it's something personal from me to myself and that can be quite healing.

I encourage you to do it and keeping it personal, you'll feel more confident with time and you'll make things you'll be proud of and others where are not that great but you can see where to improve.

hot

hot

Mar 3, 2024
Heyy, finding a hooby is always nice. During my severely depressed times, I painted a lot of graffiti, it was always fun to go out at night with friends and decorate the walls (of course we only sprayed graffiti in places where it's legal haha). I have always enjoyed art.

K

KafkaF

Taking a break from the website.
Nov 18, 2023
Just a ramble of mine. Of all people, I got inspired by Pewdiepie to draw again. I was so impressed by how he improved greatly in such a short amount of time that I decided to try doing a similar challenge he did. I suffer from a lot of insecurities regarding my ability as an artist so it's hard. I have so much self doubt. But I'm trying, and I feel like that's all that matters.
For me it's writing, but I'm quite insecure about it as well. Since the end of February I've been writing every day again. Sometimes I'm disappointed with what I wrote or how much I write. But I'm writing again. And I try to keep that in mind. That itself under the current circumstances is a victory.

So I'm glad you're doing this. And you're right, all that matters is that you're trying. =)

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
For me it's writing, but I'm quite insecure about it as well. Since the end of February I've been writing every day again. Sometimes I'm disappointed with what I wrote or how much I write. But I'm writing again. And I try to keep that in mind. That itself under the current circumstances is a victory.

So I'm glad you're doing this. And you're right, all that matters is that you're trying. =)
I actually want to try to get into writing too. My dream is to write stories, I really like that idea.

• Love
Reactions: ColorlessTrees