• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

cyandude

cyandude

T-x days left... -.-
Nov 4, 2023
I'm unable to work or study because of my immense fear of having to put effort into something and to be punished over and over again by my mind whenever I make any mistakes or am not being productive enough, to be honest, I think this idea of "productivity" is a kind of mind control device placed in effect all over society making people work themselves to death (literally, sometimes) because production is so glorified and being an achiever, a successful person. Those ideas are all so fucking idolized, and for no apparent reason besides just being a facade capitalism imposes. It has been so detrimental to me to try to pressure myself into finding a job or study music, because my mind has already crumbled to a point I think to be irreversible, and even those things for which I had a passion are now but boring, energy-consuming chores that overwhelm me. I don't wanna be just a mindless slub that indulges in bad habits all the time, I want to try and be able to be a great person for those around me, but if it requires me to conform to this system of work, then I'd rather CTB, and that is unfortunately what it has come to. I'd like to hear you guys' experiences with jobs n studies, I wanna be sure I'm not the only crazy ergophobic maniac out there.

I

Iwanttokillmyself

Too stupid
Sep 23, 2022
I understand you. With me, it's the case that I have to do something. That I have to achieve something. One of the reasons why I'm not dead is because I haven't achieved much yet. Because it is much more acceptable to die when you have had a "glorious" life.
It fucks me me that I have to achieve something and have to belong to a norm to be good

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
dragonofenvy

dragonofenvy

Mage
Oct 8, 2023
I'd like to hear you guys' experiences with jobs n studies, I wanna be sure I'm not the only crazy ergophobic maniac out there.
I put forth enough effort into university that I had a perfect GPA. That never got me the job I wanted. I worked at a manufacturing plant for a year and a half out of pressure from my mother to be "productive to society." I also wanted to earn my own money and live away from my parents. I did accomplish that until now. I've been out of a job for the past month. The job I worked was nothing but mind-numbingly boring repetitive tasks in a very hot environment where I'd go home exhausted and sore every day, just to do it again. And for what? Just enough money to get by? Productivity is meaningless, especially in such a setting where you're looked down on as a working-class loser. You shouldn't have to suffer so much for so little.

I'm not entirely sure what my point is so take it for what you will.

I make any mistakes or am not being productive enough, to be honest, I think this idea of "productivity" is a kind of mind control device placed in effect all over society making people work themselves to death (literally, sometimes) because production is so glorified and being an achiever, a successful person
Very few people are truly successful, career-wise. I have such a hyper-focus on careers since I don't have any success in friendships, relationships, hobbies, or anything else, and it's the only thing that I feel like I sort of can do anything about. I was wrong in putting my focus on my career. If you can try to focus on something else, hobbies, friendships anything other than production you'll be able to live better. It's just a scam. Working hard almost never gets you rewarded. Most young people especially believe this, ever heard of quiet quitting or acting your wage? The world is beginning to wake up to the productivity sham.

I'm not sure what you're expecting at your job to make you think you're successful. Is success to you working your way up to manager? Is success merely holding the job? Being better than the other employees? Having a job that you're proud to tell others that you work at? For me, I just wanted the money. I didn't give a damn about being the best employee, and neither should you. The best employees are just given more work for the same pay (depending on where you work, of course).

Find success in other areas. Don't put everything on your job. If success to you means you can do basic chores, I'd say that's good enough, even if all the normies think you're lazy because you can't do chores. They don't know how much more you have to put in than they do. Maybe success for you is learning something new. I don't know.

Yeah yeah I know, I basically said some Youtube guru shit and also said "just don't care about career success" over the course of a few paragraphs. But, take it from me, I wish I had listened to what I just wrote a year ago because man trying hard to be good at my factory job absolutely did not pay off.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I will be turning 68 in a few weeks and this thread really spoke to me. I never had kids, no house with huge mortgage AND also trying to "keep up" with my peers in the position aspect of work.

Heavens, I never ever have understood it. It always seemed to be either like a status symbol or a competition. I never subscribed to the bull crap and never would if I had a chance to do it all over again, never.

Through the decades, I had so many say things like "you are not ambitious enough, you are falling behind" and so many other lines of bull crap.

Whenever I had folks that reported to me, I always said follow your heart and mind. I was and am a macro manger, everyone is smart, get it done your way, fantastic. That seemed to lead to folks not only taking ownership of the work, but feeling as they were not just a gear in the works and stood out as being themselves, different and proud.

Follow your heart and mind, NOT someone's dream, work anything, be you period.

Walter

ManByTheRiver

ManByTheRiver

Bliss
Oct 19, 2023
I don't mind working, of course I would prefer only doing passion projects and such but when there's work to be done I'll do it. Studies were a whole another beast though, I absolutely hated studying especially in university. It's just not made for everyone. Maybe there could be a job you would enjoy too, or a responsibility you would like to take on.

cyandude

cyandude

T-x days left... -.-
Nov 4, 2023
Yeah yeah I know, I basically said some Youtube guru shit and also said "just don't care about career success" over the course of a few paragraphs. But, take it from me, I wish I had listened to what I just wrote a year ago because man trying hard to be good at my factory job absolutely did not pay off.

Honestly, what you said was great, thanks a lot for replying. but tbh success for me is being able to CTB. that's all I care about rn lmao

acidbit

acidbit

Jan 19, 2024
a lot of apologists for capitalism believe anticapitalists are lazy but the truth of the matter is that work is demoralizing due to the inherent unfair nature of surplus value; your are never fully paid for the value of your work under the capitalist mode of production. that's why communism is a worker's struggle, it's not about not wanting to work, it's about wanting to be seen as a human being and not a disposable number. that's why work is demoralizing, to me at least. or maybe im just fucking crazy.

• Love
Reactions: cyandude
cyandude

cyandude

T-x days left... -.-
Nov 4, 2023
that's why work is demoralizing, to me at least. or maybe im just fucking crazy.
maybe, but if you're crazy then I'm crazy too lol. i believe my suicide will be a communist one lmao