StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
Okay, I know you all are tired of hearing me bitch and complain and I appreciate you listening. If you've been following my posts you know how much I absolutely HATE attorneys. Okay, so the last asshole I worked for was a total dick head. His wife has cancer and he was bitching and complaining because she wasn't keeping up with cleaning the house. He cheated on her years ago and had another kid who she raised. So that should tell you something. Well I worked for him for about 5 weeks. I went through the whole shitty thing with the interview and what not. I was hired as a regular employee (W-2). So comes time to do my taxes and guess what he had been paying me as a contractor and never told me. Had I known I would have put money aside for taxes. But the asshole never said one word. So I asked for my W-2 and he told me (in an e-mail) that they never had me listed as an employee, either W2 or 1099 (contract). So I asked him numerous times (via e-mail, text, phone) to send me tax documents. He was such an ass. So finally today he sent me the tax document - a 1099. I kept all my checks from being paid by them. He added almost $400 to the 1099 that I never received. I'm so pissed off that it's really a good thing I don't live there anymore. I would just love to kick his ass. My tax lady (god bless her) is my voice of reason. She made me realize that I have no choice but to suck this shit up and pad what I need to pay. The only way to get assistance would be to GUESS WHAT hire an attorney. OH HELL NO. Thank you for listening. If you live in or near South Carolina pm me and I will be more than happy to give you the name of the firm so you can avoid it and get everyone else to avoid it too.

• Hugs
  • Hmph!
Reactions: ColorlessTrees, OldDrummer, ultrafuntimes and 5 others
S

summers

Visionary
Nov 4, 2020
If you plan on ctb in the next year or so, just file an extension and don't pay. If you change your mind, you'll still have to pay, but will have had some time to save up and the payments won't be as much of a hit on your finances.

Also, any lawyer who doesn't make enough to hire a cleaning person isn't worth working for. Every partner I know makes at least $300k, and their houses are always clean. They also don't raise their illegitimate kids, they pay child support or send them to boarding school.

Reactions: Crazy4u, WrongPlaceWrongTime and miserableforever
StarryStarry

StarryStarry

Cat Lady
Oct 25, 2021
If you plan on ctb in the next year or so, just file an extension and don't pay. If you change your mind, you'll still have to pay, but will have had some time to save up and the payments won't be as much of a hit on your finances.

Also, any lawyer who doesn't make enough to hire a cleaning person isn't worth working for. Every partner I know makes at least $300k, and their houses are always clean. They also don't raise their illegitimate kids, they pay child support or send them to boarding school.
I agree 100%. This guy is low class just a real douche bag.

Reactions: miserableforever
Q

Quiet Desperation

Lonely wanderer
Dec 7, 2020
Any time lawyers get involved it's just a bad time for everyone (except the lawyers). Sorry you went through this, I know first hand how stressful issues with your employer can be.

Reactions: AnestheticVoid