socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
I brush my teeth I try to have good oral hygiene, but I keep getting cavities. I have a bunch right now. I don't want to go to the dentist ever again. I'm going to try to heal them naturally I don't have the will power or the money to sit through another filling. It looks like lot's of other people healed there cavities though diet and healing their gut. If this doesn't work I'm just going to CTB. It's not the main reason I want to go, but it's a major one. I'm just worried It won't work either because I'm bad at fixing my diet or it's all BS. I don't want to live in a world where the only way to heal yourself is through these super expensive gatekeepers with there barbaric methods. Wish me luck! I just hope if it doesn't work I have the courage to do the deed.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: Crazy Squirrel, sadghost, _Minsk and 8 others
thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
Dentists suck. I don't have cavities but I have gum disease and a bunch of other issues. Crazy expensive and never covered by insurance. But I have to go, otherwise it will get worse. People in my family have delayed going to the dentist and then got into trouble, having to have surgery, losing teeth. After the age of 30 it starts becoming a problem for almost everyone. I'm worried that if you don't treat a cavity it might become a bigger more expensive problem... I'm skeptical about diet stuff, unless you eat absolutely no sugar or carbs, but that's almost impossible. Is there any way you can talk to the dentist about a payment plan, or idk go to emergency services where you don't have to pay? Sending you lots of love, take care :aw:

• Hugs
  • Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: sadghost, _Minsk, Deleted member 17331 and 2 others
socrates

socrates

Dec 3, 2019
Dentists suck. I don't have cavities but I have gum disease and a bunch of other issues. Crazy expensive and never covered by insurance. But I have to go, otherwise it will get worse. People in my family have delayed going to the dentist and then got into trouble, having to have surgery, losing teeth. After the age of 30 it starts becoming a problem for almost everyone. I'm worried that if you don't treat a cavity it might become a bigger more expensive problem... I'm skeptical about diet stuff, unless you eat absolutely no sugar or carbs, but that's almost impossible. Is there any way you can talk to the dentist about a payment plan, or idk go to emergency services where you don't have to pay? Sending you lots of love, take care :aw:

Yeah, I'm worried about it not working too, but I've found a lot of people who have heeled there teeth naturally. I'm not in any pain rn and I'm closely monitoring the situation. It won't be the end of the world if I have to go in. If I scheduled something I wouldn't be able to get an appointment for a couple of months anyway and They couldn't fix it all in one session. I suppose I could make an appointment and try to heal it naturally in the mean time. The problem is I'm sick of feeling powerless and relying on others. I want to take my healing into my own hands. There are so many problems I'm dealing with atm and I want this victory. If not, CTB seems to be a good option for me. I don't want to keep having to go back to the dentist and not to mention my other problems.

Thanks for your concern though!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 17331 and essic.
DoNotLet2

DoNotLet2

Wizard
Oct 14, 2019
Why don't you want to go to a dentist? Only because of the cost or also because of some traumatic experiences?

Remember not to brush your teeth half an hour after drinking coke/cola or anything acidic. Always brush your teeth before going to sleep. I don't know anything else though.

socrates

socrates

Dec 3, 2019
Why don't you want to go to a dentist? Only because of the cost or also because of some traumatic experiences?

Remember not to brush your teeth half an hour after drinking coke/cola or anything acidic. Always brush your teeth before going to sleep. I don't know anything else though.

It's costs a lot. And it feels like I'm always going back to get more fillings. I hate the pain, I hate everything about it.

Reactions: _Minsk
thx1138

thx1138

Student
Jun 28, 2019
I've also had the issue of different dentists saying different things. One said my teeth were terrible, the other that they were healthy! So maybe you can try visiting different dentists?

Can you see your cavity, is it deep? I've had an "almost cavity" for a couple of years now. It's just a dark brown line in the middle of my tooth. As long as it's not an actual hole, maybe it's ok to wait. But if it starts to hurt (sometimes the pain is not inside the tooth, e.g. my mom felt pain in her jaw/cheek, which turned out to be tooth decay), please make an appointment.

DetachedDreamer97

DetachedDreamer97

Enlightened
Mar 17, 2018
I can actually offer help since I'm on the same journey.

Take daily:
5000-10000 IU Vitamin D
100 mcg Vitamin K (Regrows Dentin)
1000 mg Calcium
2400 mcg Vitamin A or 25000 IU Beta Carotene
500 Mg vitamin C (for gums)

Toothpaste: Something with novamin or some bioglass... there's also bio repair. Also as a tip, use some theobromine (alkaloid found in chocolate) and add it to mouthwash and toothpaste, or take a supplement. It's said to be more effective than prescription fluoride, though combined with fluoride, you could get the best of both worlds.
If you could, buy some varita's soap toothpaste Etsy, mainly the chocolate ones. The tannins inside it tighten your gums. And it's alkaline and of course, it has theobromine.

Chew on garlic every night and swish (I've been slacking) it's an antibiotic and increases saliva flow.
Swish green tea... it kills bacteria

I think that's everything. Good luck!

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't really have much major dental problems aside from some gingivitis and tartar build up, but usually cleaned every half year or annually (might be delayed or postponed due to Covid19 for me). Dental health is important for me, but not the utmost importance as to other health related things. I do of course floss and brush my teeth everyday so that keeps my teeth and gum in good condition.

A

AllReturnsToNothing

I'm useless
Aug 5, 2020
As someone who has terrible oral hygiene and has no energy/desire to get better I feel your pain. I missed an appointment recently and got a text/voicemail from them telling me to reschedule but i'm not about to walk back in their and let them know what a fucking lazy asshole I am again. Plus I ain't got insurance anymore and i'm unemployed so fuck that entirely.

• Hugs
Reactions: _Minsk
It'sMyLife

It'sMyLife

Little bundles of futile hope we are
Apr 18, 2020
If you still have amalgams (silver fillings) you're going to have trouble. They all leak. I had all of mine replaced about ten years ago. Plus the mercury is always out gassing. Look up the video " the smoking tooth". I hope this helps you. I love your tag line btw

Last edited:
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I brush my teeth I try to have good oral hygiene, but I keep getting cavities. I have a bunch right now. I don't want to go to the dentist ever again. I'm going to try to heal them naturally I don't have the will power or the money to sit through another filling. It looks like lot's of other people healed there cavities though diet and healing their gut. If this doesn't work I'm just going to CTB. It's not the main reason I want to go, but it's a major one. I'm just worried It won't work either because I'm bad at fixing my diet or it's all BS. I don't want to live in a world where the only way to heal yourself is through these super expensive gatekeepers with there barbaric methods. Wish me luck! I just hope if it doesn't work I have the courage to do the deed.
I used to get cavities during early puberty because-genetics. I had good oral hygiene and I even flossed everyday and used mouthwash but I would still get cavities. My mother and her mother also had this problem and later it stopped but I already had cavities in 3+ adult teeth so that sucks

Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
I just don't like the taste of those gloves poking around in my mouth tbh

Deleted member 19654

Deleted member 19654

Working towards recovery.
Jul 9, 2020
I hate the dentists too. I need to phone them and book a checkup appointment so I can start a treatment plan because I got a few cavities and a broken tooth. I get how you feel. I wanna ctb too because I just don't want to deal with it. The only good thing is I'm in the UK so I'm fortunate that private treatment, although expensive, it doesn't quite cost an arm and a leg. And unfortunately with cavities if you don't get them treated by a dentist, they'll only get worse and you'll lose the whole tooth. You can help keep the rest of your teeth healthy and prevent/slow down any decay but you can't grow back enamel. That's what happened with one of my molars. It's now all broken and I think I need to get it extracted.

_Minsk

_Minsk

death: the cure for life
Dec 9, 2019
this speaks to me! at some point it just doesn't make any sense to maintain an already dead shell of a body.. our bodies are designed to lead us to the most harmful foods by default. if you're already weak and exhausted you cant go against the flow so easily and get into junk food, at least most of us.. my teeth have become very sensitive and a reason on my ctb list, even though im brushing them + tongue 3x a day for at least 4 minutes, yet still dealing with cavities.. what is this kind of life worth if we need to depend so heavily on others in order to not be in pain, why cant we have sharks genes.. but even that wouldn't solve the remaining stuff. i don't want to imagine how people felt before dentists existed..

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and socrates
C

ceelo

Experienced
May 18, 2020
ironically dentists have the highest suicide rate of any profession

• Wow
Reactions: socrates
Crazy Squirrel

Crazy Squirrel

"Me hates life and me wants to die, zansu!"
Jul 26, 2020
I've been dealing with gum line cavities and whatnot for years now, and dentists have been totally worthless. All they do is say, "Just brush better and floss" and hand me a prescription for toothpaste with extra fluoride in it, and that's clearly not doing anything! However, yesterday I found out that I'm allergic to wheat, and that may be the reason for my issues.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and socrates
socrates

socrates

Dec 3, 2019
this speaks to me! at some point it just doesn't make any sense to maintain an already dead shell of a body.. our bodies are designed to lead us to the most harmful foods by default. if you're already weak and exhausted you cant go against the flow so easily and get into junk food, at least most of us.. my teeth have become very sensitive and a reason on my ctb list, even though im brushing them + tongue 3x a day for at least 4 minutes, yet still dealing with cavities.. what is this kind of life worth if we need to depend so heavily on others in order to not be in pain, why cant we have sharks genes.. but even that wouldn't solve the remaining stuff. i don't want to imagine how people felt before dentists existed..

I'm sorry to here about that. They say brushing to much can also be an issue, and you shouldn't brush right after you eat. Problem is there is so much information out there. Would you like to be healthy? Then you have to live by these crazy rules. It's just exhausting, some people were born lucky I guess.