StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
My psychiatrist apparently doesn't understand that I won't ever feel safe in my parents' home. Why can't he understand that? He keeps forcing me to take medication just because I told him I don't feel good there. What is there to be healed by meds exactly? Why do I have to drink them and not the people who harrassed me? I hate these meds because they make me feel sleepy and tired and hungry all the time, not to mention the weight gain. Although he does seem to care, he is doing it wrong. Nevermind me, I'm just venting my frustrations out.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: š–£“ nadia š–£“, unnormal9, NumbItAll and 3 others
verysad=(

verysad=(

Lovely.D4isies
Oct 5, 2020
I get that, i feel like the medication I'm on rots my brain and body. Most psychiatrists really are just pushing medications onto people. (not trying to say some people don't do well on medication.) I'm sorry you're going through through this.

Reactions: NumbItAll and StolenLife
E

endless_pain

Student
Apr 16, 2023
Maybe you could try counseling with a therapist, because as far as I know psychiatrists are doctors who just prescribe meds to cope with the pain.
I have to admit that you have to find the right therapist too, I have changed some of them because nowadays not all of them are healed from their past traumas and tend to justify their parents behaviours, projecting their insecurities onto their patient.
If you need validation, rest assured that your feelings are real, whatever you feel about your parents has a reason.
I am starting a new therapy right now being stuck in my parents home after a relatively short period of independence, because I need someone that helps me dealing with this situation.
I understand you, you are not alone :hug:

• Love
Reactions: StolenLife
NumbItAll

NumbItAll

expendable
May 20, 2018
Psychiatrists love to follow the same formula for every patient, and then when it doesn't work, just prescribe something else. I guess to be fair that's all they're trained to do, but there's not always a medicinal solution. IMO sometimes, and especially when it comes to mental health, we have to advocate for ourselves and not always accept what is given just because it comes from a professional. If the psychiatrist won't believe you that the meds are making you feel worse then they are clearly terrible at the job. I hope you aren't literally being forced to take them...

StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
I get that, i feel like the medication I'm on rots my brain and body. Most psychiatrists really are just pushing medications onto people. (not trying to say some people don't do well on medication.) I'm sorry you're going through through this.
Thank you for your caring. Not all meds were bad but I don't understand why he gives me a new one whenever I have as much as a slight mood change. He is an extrovert and desperately wants to make me into one as well, although Iam not comfortable with people due to trauma.
Maybe you could try counseling with a therapist, because as far as I know psychiatrists are doctors who just prescribe meds to cope with the pain.
I have to admit that you have to find the right therapist too, I have changed some of them because nowadays not all of them are healed from their past traumas and tend to justify their parents behaviours, projecting their insecurities onto their patient.
If you need validation, rest assured that your feelings are real, whatever you feel about your parents has a reason.
I am starting a new therapy right now being stuck in my parents home after a relatively short period of independence, because I need someone that helps me dealing with this situation.
I understand you, you are not alone :hug:
I am already seeing one therapist. She is nice and is trying, and I appreciate that. I hope she does not feel guilt when I ctb though.
To be fair, it's not my parents that are the problem, it's the horrible neighbours and my hometown in general. I went through a lot of abuse there and people did nothing. Although my parents definitely screwed up as well. I'm sorry that you are stuck with your parents. I hope that your therapy goes well. Thank you for caring.
Psychiatrists love to follow the same formula for every patient, and then when it doesn't work, just prescribe something else. I guess to be fair that's all they're trained to do, but there's not always a medicinal solution. IMO sometimes, and especially when it comes to mental health, we have to advocate for ourselves and not always accept what is given just because it comes from a professional. If the psychiatrist won't believe you that the meds are making you feel worse then they are clearly terrible at the job. I hope you aren't literally being forced to take them...
Last time I got perscribed Haloperidol and I had horrible effects from it, like arm and mouth twitching. Instead of removing Haloperidol, he just added another medicine (Akineton) that makes me feel like an uncoordinated zombie. I barely got to make him take it away and then he added another one just because I got scared due to recent harassment. And now he is suggesting that I get them through an injection because I said that I don't want to take Haloperidol. Thanks for caring.

• Love
Reactions: endless_pain
unnormal9

unnormal9

SOLDIER T.
Apr 12, 2023
I understand, I was forced with countless meds over the 7 years; all the lot bad, all the more side effects ā€” debilitating pain. so much that it I would overdose on the many lot.
I just want them and all the lot to stop.