ThrowedAway

ThrowedAway

thinking about things
Apr 1, 2023
Therapy is a very scary thing to me. Every time I go I just say everything's going great and life has been getting better everyday! But it's not, and i'm scared to talk to my therapists, I just straight up do not trust therapists. I know they have a law they can't tell anyone unless blah blah. But it still scares me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Ultracheese
ireallylikemangoes

ireallylikemangoes

Ultimately delicious!
Mar 31, 2023
Therapists really won't tell anyone about what you say to them in sessions unless they think you are a danger to yourself or others. Try to tell them about your experiences and feelings one step at a time and omit thoughts of ctb, showing passive ideation of ctb likely won't get you admitted but that depends on the therapist

Trusting someone especially when they're only listening to you because they're paid to is very hard, don't push yourself to share more than you're comfortable with, go one slow step at a time, I wish you the best

• Love
Reactions: ThrowedAway
Sulyya

Sulyya

Synergist
Mar 6, 2023
Some people have said they wrote out what they were too scared to say, and let the therapist read it, either during the session or on their own time. Maybe email would work as well. Then they can initiate the topics that you're nervous to bring up. Like mangoes said, my understanding is also that they can't just cart off anyone with suicidal thoughts even if they wanted to, many psych wards don't have the free space for that. Never know I guess, but very doubtful.

I also don't go to therapy ever, so grain of salt there.

• Love
Reactions: ireallylikemangoes and ThrowedAway
Toriinbed

Toriinbed

Apr 1, 2023
Therapy is definitely a huge step so don't fault yourself for your anxiety about it. There are a lot of therapists out there and many of them have their own ideologies/ philosophies. It's definitely about finding the right one for you. Sadly, my therapist was the stay quiet and stare at me until I said something type so it didn't work for me. I ghosted her after a couple of sessions but I'm still considering looking for one that's more active in conversations.
Definitely take it one step at a time and don't mention that you straight up want to ctb, my advice is to instead focus on what made you want to ctb.
Wish you luck :)

• Love
Reactions: ThrowedAway