• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

bambie200

bambie200

Feb 15, 2024
I found out really recently I'm nearly 9 weeks pregnant. I also just got laid off from my job. 🥲
I couldn't bring myself to abort, I even got so far as making an appointment but I just couldn't do it. My bf is excited and happy and I guess he thinks I'm happy too? But really my mental state is at an all time low and I'm seriously considering CTB really really soon.

I know CTB is the wrong thing to do in this situation but I need help. Should I go to the doctor? I don't know what my options are. I'm in a really terrible state of mind and I'm already planning to Ctb in a couple weeks (before I move in with bf.) Thank you if you read all of this 😊

I

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
Sorry to hear how low you are, definitely see a doctor or talk to someone.
Have you thought about adoption instead of cbt'ing yourself and your kid.
No matter what you do hope you find some peace.
Know how hard life is these days.

bambie200

bambie200

Feb 15, 2024
Sorry to hear how low you are, definitely see a doctor or talk to someone.
Have you thought about adoption instead of cbt'ing yourself and your kid.
No matter what you do hope you find some peace.
Know how hard life is these days.
I have brought up adoption and my bf was really against it which I respect bc it's his kid too. He's very well off so there's no problem in raising the baby. The problem is just my mental problems I guess. I just hope a doctor is able to help. Thanks so much for the reply 😊

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
I just couldn't do it. My bf is excited and happy and I guess he thinks I'm happy too?
You both really need to to talk about this. If you don't want this, tell him. Kids, specially newborns, are very mentally taxing to take care of and I've seen enough cases of people with bad mental health in this situation, it never ends up well. You don't need more complications with your already bad mental state.

There is a lot of stigma with abortion, but I personally think that's best than an orphaned kid, either in adoption or because you couldn't survive anymore. No one here will judge you for going to the clinic, if you choose to do it. The hardest part is actually going, but raising a kid while suicidal is probably a lot worse.

Last edited:
bambie200

bambie200

Feb 15, 2024
You both really need to to talk about this. If you don't want this, tell him. Kids, specially newborns, are very mentally taxing to take care of and I've seen enough cases of people with bad mental health in this situation, it never ends up well. You don't need more complications with your already bad mental state.

There is a lot of stigma with abortion, but I personally think that's best than an orphaned kid, either in adoption or because you couldn't survive anymore. No one here will judge you for going to the clinic, if you choose to do it. The hardest part is actually going, but raising a kid while suicidal is probably a lot worse.
Thank you. I'm really scared to tell him but I will try today. The last thing I want to do is having the baby and then ctb and leaving the baby and my bf alone so something needs to be done abt this soon. I'm thinking of therapy or something but I'm not sure how it works. Thank you again

UsagiDrop

UsagiDrop

“What a beautiful day to haunt the earth.”
Apr 27, 2023
This is horrible, really my worst fear, so my heart sank reading all of this. I'm very sorry that you're going through this right now. It's not an ideal situation to be in and there is no easy solution for it.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, and this may not even apply to you, but if you're living in the US and in a state where abortion is illegal, you're pretty much locking in your decision to carry by visiting a doctor. I'm also unsure of how long you even have the option of doing so in any country, I think maybe you may know better than me, but I also thought all of this was worth mentioning.

It is your boyfriend's kid too, so he should have a say and have his stance on this issue considered. But it's not just his baby, and it actually isn't his body at all. He got to do the fun part, but you have to do the heavy lifting even after the birth. The reality is that no matter how much a partner can and wants to help, most of the responsibility will fall on the parent who was pregnant. And on top of existing mental health issues, it can quickly become a disaster. You have a right to be worried and your desires and health should also be considered. If your bf is well off that's great, but it doesn't take just money to raise a child. A hurting and disinterested parent (especially mother) can be more detrimental to a child's development than poverty is, in my opinion. And leaving the baby here via ctb, while that will always be your choice and right, will be downright traumatizing. Not just for baby, but for boyfriend as well. You have no way of knowing how he may internalize your suicide after giving birth, and no way to tell or control how he will treat baby thereafter.

If he thinks that you are happy and excited, you two need to have a conversation about how you're really feeling. If you do decide to go through with having the baby, I think the general consensus will always be that you should stick around and make the child who did not ask to be here a priority instead of handicapping them severely with your intentional death. I'm sorry if that sounds insensitive to you as a parent and person, but it's how things are. Children are defenseless and innocent, they deserve the best chance at this life. With that being said, I do feel for your mental state and I have no doubts that things will get harder moving forward. Your boyfriend needs to be on the same page so you two can either decide that this is not the right time, or so he can be prepared to support you and baby in any way possible. A lot of things can happen, he needs to be emotionally and financially able to handle it. He will likely need a support system of his own and so will you, for either decision. But neither of them are wrong or right, you are simply choosing the one that is best for you.

If you do decide to go through with this pregnancy then yes, going to the doctor to get checked up is the next best step. You can also ask them for resources or referrals on how to deal with any depression or postpartum depression moving forward. I really hope that things work out for you, whether you decide to have the baby or not. I do strongly suggest you being completely honest with your boyfriend and seriously considering your options, though, as you don't only owe it to him and the baby but mostly to yourself.

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
The hardest part is actually going, but raising a kid while suicidal is probably a lot worse.
A hurting and disinterested parent (especially mother) can be more detrimental to a child's development than poverty is, in my opinion.
Ditto. Honestly, people should be evaluated and prevented from reproducing lest they endanger the engendered life. And having kids is already morally grey.

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
Talk to your bf about your plans to die, pregnancy, moving in, and the like. Make a plan on what to do and how to handle things.

Getting his support to go to abortion clinic would probably be helpful. To do otherwise would be a bit of a betrayal of trust.

You guys might feel bad, but consider that you're planning to die so pregnancy wouldn't work anyway. Maybe getting medications and therapy and trying again when your mentally healthy and ready for a family.

lita-lassi

lita-lassi

let me spell it out for you: go to hell
Sep 25, 2023
do not have a baby with this mentality. i cant say anything better than @UsagiDrop already did. if your bf cant respect your choices and your mental health, then he may not need to be in the picture. you arent ready, that's all there is to it. he doesnt get a say, sorry not sorry its not his body or brain.

CuriosityAndCat

CuriosityAndCat

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.
Nov 2, 2023
Also consider there's nothing wrong with taking a step back, and evaluating all of the issues INDIVIDUALLY. Altogether they are overwhelming. You don't need to do this alone. Any family or friends if you don't want to talk with boyfriend?

cryone

cryone

Student
Nov 23, 2023
personally, i think its a very very bad idea to have the kid when ur hesitant + mentally incapable. it is even worse when you're planning to CTB soon. even if your bf wants one id try to make it clear that it is a terrible decision and v selfish to have the kid b/c it's going against your wishes and ruining the life of a kid. if he doesn't understand this he's rly just not a good person.

C

Cain.Wong

Mar 1, 2024
Please go see doctor. I know that people sometime will get depressed when they are pregnant.

M

Meteora

Ignorance is bliss
Jun 27, 2023
It is not at all responsible to have a child if you are having such thoughts! Please be strong and get an abortion. It will be much worse if you dont. Depressions dont heal because of a kid, instead it is very likely that they will get stronger with a baby/child. Saw it with my "mother". You will negatively influence your child's life if you're mentally ill.
Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: JealousOfTheElderly