S

Seneca70

Mar 5, 2020
I planed to end my life overseas on the 29th of February. The planning for my departure began around December of 2019. Originally, I wanted to go back to Africa to finish the job. But, my anxiety and paranoia would not allow me to go, so I picked a western country nearby with the help of someone else. I just had/have a really strong desire not to die on American soil.

Anyway, I left America on the 5th of February for said Western country. I wanted to give myself a nice little vacation before I did the deed. I had also reconnected with two people I knew in December; I considered them to be the only real friends I've ever had. My hope with reconnecting with them was to bring myself some sort of peace and confront. I wanted to chat, play games, and watch movies with them (online). I wanted to feel warmth in my final days. Sadly, It did not go down that way at all.

The 25th of February is when I first attempted. Like I've said, I wanted to do it on the 29th. However, I had a horrid dream that night that pushed me over the edge. The dream was basically me being a coward, unable to off myself. I wanted to prove my mind wrong that night. Welp... it turns out I am a coward at heart. The only thing I managed to do that night was slice my thumb open, accidentally, and prick my skin with my knife. For reference, my suicide method is self-stabbing. I planned to stab myself in the groin, right were my femoral artery is. I have experience with self-stabbing (I stabbed my arm twice in 2016 to severe an artery), and I can report back there is zero pain when you first stab yourself. It's all psychological.

Anyway, I try again on the 26th. That night I managed to stab myself about six times. The first five stabs were light ones, and the last one was a moderate stab. Basically, I ended up trying to warm myself up for the one fatal blow I needed. I then planned, on the 27th, to give myself two deep stab wounds to my lower leg. Then on the 28th, the fatal one.

The 27th came and I managed to give myself only one of the two stabs I wanted. The knife went in pretty deep, and I freaked out as soon as I saw the large hole now in my leg. A split-second later blood starts pouring out all over my leg and bathroom floor. The bleeding subsided after a few minutes and I just sat down on the bathroom floor, thinking. Then, a few more minutes after the bleeding had stopped, I started getting really dizzy and my pulse had become rapid and shallow. At that point I thought I was bleeding out internally, as there was a fair amount swelling happening. I ended up being "ok," but I was pretty shook up by it and the progress I made warming up was lost.

The days that followed are a bit of a blur. On the night of March 1st, I broke down and told one of my two friends about what was going on. I'll refer to her as "A." It didn't really go all that well. And to be honest, I really regretted telling A as soon I sent it.

On March 2nd I was really in a panic, as I had a flight back home in the morning. And I did not want to return to the States alive. I did not want to be a failure. I wanted to earn my freedom. I ended up spending that night crying and wailing. At one point I was dry-heaving. I calmed down a bit eventually and messaged A. I don't really remember what I said, but I asked at one point if they could talk to me on discord for a few minutes.They never replied until I asked if we could reset this friendship and put this all behind us if my suicide fails tonight. We had a little back-and-fourth that didn't go all that well, again. Last thing they replied was, "I don't know dude." What that refers to, I don't know. The reason I even told A about this matter in the first place is due to the fact we shared very similar views in the past about life. I didn't think they would react in the way they did. My question is: How can you scorn death, yet wear a pendant that says "Ready to Die?"

I spent the rest of the night in bed watching a walkthrough of "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" with my knife in hand. In the end, I wasn't able to do it.

March 3rd I flew back home. That day was the worst I have ever felt in my entire life. Just absolutely soul-crushing. Words just can't describe it. I spent all this time, money, and energy planning this and it failed. I truly thought I would be free on February 29th. Before the 25th, I felt so blissful about ending my life. All I would think about is how I'm about to go to a much, much better place, free of any pain or suffering. These thoughts would bring such a grin to my face.

The 29th was also a very important date for me. See, some people celebrate leap day by doing something they've been meaning to, but have put off. For me, it was suicide. I had last attempted in 2016. I thought what better way to celebrate the leap year than by suicide. Also, In my 2016 attempt, I was supposed to have my last meal at a particular restaurant, but never did. So for this attempt, before I left the country, I went and ate at that restaurant. All in all, this was supposed to be a pretty ritualistic suicide. Such a shame it turned into such a dumpster fire.

I came to this place hoping I could find some emotional support and make some new friends. The two I had before this, abandoned me.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Notcutoutforlife, SimplyTopHat, lovemelovemenot and 7 others
justfloating

justfloating

Student
Feb 13, 2020
Theres obviously something holding you back from doing that. You need to think hard and make sure this is something you are absolutely certain about, and if you are then I suggest using a different method as clearly your SI is too strong on this one

Reactions: autumnal and LMLN
LMLN

LMLN

Paragon
Aug 10, 2019
I'm so so sorry you are suffering and went through all that! Self stabbing is a very difficult method I would say! How terrible that must have been.
I would take a break and really think if you want to ctb at all. If you truly do, maybe this method is just not for you. I know I could not stab myself.
We are here to listen! You have a whole team of friends here. ❤

Reactions: Notcutoutforlife and William Barker
PoisonedJuliet

PoisonedJuliet

You saucy boy!
Feb 12, 2020
I am truly sorry that you have to endure this pain. It seems to me as if maybe you aren't ready yet. Maybe you won't ever be ready. The only person who knows is you. Try some soul searching and see if you can truly find the answer to the question: Do I want to end my own life? You are not a coward or a failure. There is nothing wrong with not being ready. Life can truly be crushing and I think all of us here understand that. I'm here if you ever need/want to talk and I love making new friends:hug: We are here for you and we are here to send you lots of love and many hugs:heart::heart::heart:

Reactions: nerve
S

Seneca70

Mar 5, 2020
Theres obviously something holding you back from doing that. You need to think hard and make sure this is something you are absolutely certain about, and if you are then I suggest using a different method as clearly your SI is too strong on this one

I honesty think a big part of what held me back was a lack of genuine human interaction. I want understanding and acceptance before I pass. Nor do I want to die alone anymore. As for my method, I'm going to stick with it. While I may have some SI, I have never once called for help during either attempt. I know I can stab myself, that's been proven.

I am also absolutely sure this is what I want. I've wanted to die for 7 years now.
I'm so so sorry you are suffering and went through all that! Self stabbing is a very difficult method I would say! How terrible that must have been.
I would take a break and really think if you want to ctb at all. If you truly do, maybe this method is just not for you. I know I could not stab myself.
We are here to listen! You have a whole team of friends here. ❤
Thank you very much for your compassion :heart: I truly do want to CTB. And this method is how my "soul" is compelled to go. No other method feels right. I know I can pull it off eventually.
I am truly sorry that you have to endure this pain. It seems to me as if maybe you aren't ready yet. Maybe you won't ever be ready. The only person who knows is you. Try some soul searching and see if you can truly find the answer to the question: Do I want to end my own life? You are not a coward or a failure. There is nothing wrong with not being ready. Life can truly be crushing and I think all of us here understand that. I'm here if you ever need/want to talk and I love making new friends:hug: We are here for you and we are here to send you lots of love and many hugs:heart::heart::heart:

Thank you for the love, hugs, and offer to talk :heart: Am I ready tonight? No. But I do definitely want to end my life. 3rd time's the charm! I hope I will get to know you better in the coming days.

Last edited:
PoisonedJuliet

PoisonedJuliet

You saucy boy!
Feb 12, 2020
Thank you for the love, hugs, and offer to talk :heart: Am I ready tonight? No. But I do definitely want to end my life. 3rd time's the charm! I hope I will get to know you better in the coming days.
Feel free to PM me anytime. I'm in college so there is a large part of the day when I'm not able to answer but I will most certainly respond once I read your message if you decide to message me:hug:

D

daz4160

Mar 2, 2020
I planed to end my life overseas on the 29th of February. The planning for my departure began around December of 2019. Originally, I wanted to go back to Africa to finish the job. But, my anxiety and paranoia would not allow me to go, so I picked a western country nearby with the help of someone else. I just had/have a really strong desire not to die on American soil.

Anyway, I left America on the 5th of February for said Western country. I wanted to give myself a nice little vacation before I did the deed. I had also reconnected with two people I knew in December; I considered them to be the only real friends I've ever had. My hope with reconnecting with them was to bring myself some sort of peace and confront. I wanted to chat, play games, and watch movies with them (online). I wanted to feel warmth in my final days. Sadly, It did not go down that way at all.

The 25th of February is when I first attempted. Like I've said, I wanted to do it on the 29th. However, I had a horrid dream that night that pushed me over the edge. The dream was basically me being a coward, unable to off myself. I wanted to prove my mind wrong that night. Welp... it turns out I am a coward at heart. The only thing I managed to do that night was slice my thumb open, accidentally, and prick my skin with my knife. For reference, my suicide method is self-stabbing. I planned to stab myself in the groin, right were my femoral artery is. I have experience with self-stabbing (I stabbed my arm twice in 2016 to severe an artery), and I can report back there is zero pain when you first stab yourself. It's all psychological.

Anyway, I try again on the 26th. That night I managed to stab myself about six times. The first five stabs were light ones, and the last one was a moderate stab. Basically, I ended up trying to warm myself up for the one fatal blow I needed. I then planned, on the 27th, to give myself two deep stab wounds to my lower leg. Then on the 28th, the fatal one.

The 27th came and I managed to give myself only one of the two stabs I wanted. The knife went in pretty deep, and I freaked out as soon as I saw the large hole now in my leg. A split-second later blood starts pouring out all over my leg and bathroom floor. The bleeding subsided after a few minutes and I just sat down on the bathroom floor, thinking. Then, a few more minutes after the bleeding had stopped, I started getting really dizzy and my pulse had become rapid and shallow. At that point I thought I was bleeding out internally, as there was a fair amount swelling happening. I ended up being "ok," but I was pretty shook up by it and the progress I made warming up was lost.

The days that followed are a bit of a blur. On the night of March 1st, I broke down and told one of my two friends about what was going on. I'll refer to her as "A." It didn't really go all that well. And to be honest, I really regretted telling A as soon I sent it.

On March 2nd I was really in a panic, as I had a flight back home in the morning. And I did not want to return to the States alive. I did not want to be a failure. I wanted to earn my freedom. I ended up spending that night crying and wailing. At one point I was dry-heaving. I calmed down a bit eventually and messaged A. I don't really remember what I said, but I asked at one point if they could talk to me on discord for a few minutes.They never replied until I asked if we could reset this friendship and put this all behind us if my suicide fails tonight. We had a little back-and-fourth that didn't go all that well, again. Last thing they replied was, "I don't know dude." What that refers to, I don't know. The reason I even told A about this matter in the first place is due to the fact we shared very similar views in the past about life. I didn't think they would react in the way they did. My question is: How can you scorn death, yet wear a pendant that says "Ready to Die?"

I spent the rest of the night in bed watching a walkthrough of "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" with my knife in hand. In the end, I wasn't able to do it.

March 3rd I flew back home. That day was the worst I have ever felt in my entire life. Just absolutely soul-crushing. Words just can't describe it. I spent all this time, money, and energy planning this and it failed. I truly thought I would be free on February 29th. Before the 25th, I felt so blissful about ending my life. All I would think about is how I'm about to go to a much, much better place, free of any pain or suffering. These thoughts would bring such a grin to my face.

The 29th was also a very important date for me. See, some people celebrate leap day by doing something they've been meaning to, but have put off. For me, it was suicide. I had last attempted in 2016. I thought what better way to celebrate the leap year than by suicide. Also, In my 2016 attempt, I was supposed to have my last meal at a particular restaurant, but never did. So for this attempt, before I left the country, I went and ate at that restaurant. All in all, this was supposed to be a pretty ritualistic suicide. Such a shame it turned into such a dumpster fire.

I came to this place hoping I could find some emotional support and make some new friends. The two I had before this, abandoned me.
hi m8,
greetings from the uk, sorry to hear of your recent experience but its clearly not your time. something was definitely holding you back that day, could it have been fear of the blade perhaps ? I have to say that bleeding out wouldn't be my cup of tea but everyone has there own preference to what they are comfortable with and if your comfortable with bleeding out then it was something else holding you back.

S

Seneca70

Mar 5, 2020
hi m8,
greetings from the uk, sorry to hear of your recent experience but its clearly not your time. something was definitely holding you back that day, could it have been fear of the blade perhaps ? I have to say that bleeding out wouldn't be my cup of tea but everyone has there own preference to what they are comfortable with and if your comfortable with bleeding out then it was something else holding you back.

I really think it had to do with the fact I was going to die alone. I'd prefer to have another person with me. Either in person or online.