Oguzok

Oguzok

forever young...i want to be forever young
Nov 24, 2023
I have been on medication with antidepressants for two months now. I don't receive therapy... I don't know, I think I already know what's wrong with me and not a single therapist is giving me anything new. And I feel good at the moment, but when I think about the prospects of my future, personal or global (considering how our world is going to hell every year) I lose all hope... I'm afraid not a single therapist can help me

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: BoulderSoWhat, exitingtothevoid, InversedShadow and 3 others
M

Msvr

Legio Patria Nostra
Sep 9, 2024
I'm the same way. Fear of the future. Fear that as bad as things are, they will only get worse. I wish I could give you some advice, but I can't even help myself. I know what you feel though

Reactions: BoulderSoWhat and Oguzok
notwhereIbelong

notwhereIbelong

I'm so tired
Feb 12, 2023
Therapy is finicky, finding the right therapist for you can be really hard, I've met some shitty ones myself. It almost comes down to luck, and knowing what type of therapy is right for you.

The only way I've found to not get overwhelmed by future prospects is to just force myself to not think about it, and only focus on today. Which is easier said than done. It's not a perfect method, but taking one day at a time can work. Everyone's different of course, so what works for me may not for you.

If I'm allowed to ask, what is it that you wish to get from therapy?
Love the Dottore pfp btw

Reactions: BoulderSoWhat, Oguzok and Hero Remeer
Hero Remeer

Hero Remeer

Sep 22, 2024
Why worry so much about the global future? We can act on a small environment in which we live, it is useless to mortify ourselves for it, apart from the fact that if we suffer we only make the situation worse, the best thing is to understand that one acts on oneself and that influences the place where we live, no matter how alone we are with a line of thought (whether for good or bad)
If you are thinking about climate change, wars, deaths and the world ending it would be better for you to stay away from television and social networks, because scaring us is their objective
From what you say you know what is wrong with you, it is a good start, you could start from there and see where to go, it would be convenient for you to ask for guidance, and I do not mean therapy, just talking to people who have been through what you have and what they did to improve it
Regards, I hope you are well

Reactions: BoulderSoWhat, Oguzok and notwhereIbelong
Oguzok

Oguzok

forever young...i want to be forever young
Nov 24, 2023
I'm the same way. Fear of the future. Fear that as bad as things are, they will only get worse. I wish I could give you some advice, but I can't even help myself. I know what you feel though
I wish you luck:(
Therapy is finicky, finding the right therapist for you can be really hard, I've met some shitty ones myself. It almost comes down to luck, and knowing what type of therapy is right for you.

The only way I've found to not get overwhelmed by future prospects is to just force myself to not think about it, and only focus on today. Which is easier said than done. It's not a perfect method, but taking one day at a time can work. Everyone's different of course, so what works for me may not for you.

If I'm allowed to ask, what is it that you wish to get from therapy?
Love the Dottore pfp btw
I don't know honestly, im not hoping for it to magically turn things out better for me, but i really crave to see the other point of view, not from someone depressed and apathetic
Why worry so much about the global future? We can act on a small environment in which we live, it is useless to mortify ourselves for it, apart from the fact that if we suffer we only make the situation worse, the best thing is to understand that one acts on oneself and that influences the place where we live, no matter how alone we are with a line of thought (whether for good or bad)
If you are thinking about climate change, wars, deaths and the world ending it would be better for you to stay away from television and social networks, because scaring us is their objective
From what you say you know what is wrong with you, it is a good start, you could start from there and see where to go, it would be convenient for you to ask for guidance, and I do not mean therapy, just talking to people who have been through what you have and what they did to improve it
Regards, I hope you are well
Yeah its the global problems i mostly worry about, i know it's not something that can be fixed and i shouldn't have to think about it. But feeling that your youth is might be worse than previous generations is just so unfair man:(

Last edited:
BoulderSoWhat

BoulderSoWhat

Aug 29, 2024
I have been on medication with antidepressants for two months now. I don't receive therapy... I don't know, I think I already know what's wrong with me and not a single therapist is giving me anything new. And I feel good at the moment, but when I think about the prospects of my future, personal or global (considering how our world is going to hell every year) I lose all hope... I'm afraid not a single therapist can help me

If you're comfortable with sharing, how would you describe "what's wrong with you?"

Is that something that would need addressing separately from the loss of hope when you think about personal/global futures?

Or are they the same point that therapists have struggled to help you with? "What's wrong with you" is a persistent losing of hope/motivation/ambition/care about life because you lose hope when thinking about the future for yourself and globally?

If you are feeling like you're getting better, that's great! :) if you could visualize what it could mean to feel even just a little bit better than you do now, what are some small steps or goals that you think could help? What do you think therapists are struggling to help you with? Is it a thought pattern, a feeling, or some compex mix of both?

Best šŸ˜Š