Pessimist

Pessimist

Arcanist
May 5, 2021
I live in Israel but I'm becoming increasingly pro-Palestine. I think the attacks on October 7 were horrific, but it doesn't give Israel the right to carpet bomb the Gaza Strip and kill many thousands of civilians. The far-right government in Israel seems determined to destroy both Hamas and Gaza, opposing any hostage deal that comes with a permanent ceasefire. In the meantime there's a catastrophic humanitarian crisis in Gaza and a threat of famine. Desperate Palestinians who have lost family members join militant groups to fight Israel. And now it looks like Netanyahu is trying to start a war in Lebanon and Iran as well.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: IBM0000, real human being, baller and 7 others
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
I do not support any side.
There is no "good" or "bad" side to this war.
In my opinion, supporting any side is wrong.

The fact is that the West (especially Great Britain) screwed up.
The West left this cauldron in chaos and without a clear solution.
We see the consequences today.

To be honest, I do not know how to solve this problem in a sensible way.
Is it possible in a bloodless way? I do not know. I do not think so.
Violence is inevitable.

• Informative
Reactions: GuessWhosBack
yellowjester

yellowjester

Student
Jun 2, 2024
Wow, someone on the internet changing their mind about something. How refreshing. People are so hard-headed these days.

• Love
Reactions: IBM0000 and GuessWhosBack
Pessimist

Pessimist

Arcanist
May 5, 2021
I do not support any side.
There is no "good" or "bad" side to this war.
In my opinion, supporting any side is wrong.

The fact is that the West (especially Great Britain) screwed up.
The West left this cauldron in chaos and without a clear solution.
We see the consequences today.

To be honest, I do not know how to solve this problem in a sensible way.
Is it possible in a bloodless way? I do not know. I do not think so.
Violence is inevitable.
Is there ever a "good" side?

• Love
Reactions: IBM0000
Agon321

Agon321

I use google translate
Aug 21, 2023
Subjectively, maybe yes.
Objectively, probably no.

War is not romanticism, but a bloody and brutal fight.
In such a scenario, neither side is sacred.

History is written by the winners.

Reactions: IBM0000 and Pessimist
sugarb

sugarb

long time sunshine
Jun 14, 2024
I mean, yeah. Auschwitz had a pretty clear-cut distinction between good and evil
though if you mean in war specifically and not just in history- sometimes. But even the most justified and "good" sides will have individuals among them who're bad in some way

• Love
Reactions: IBM0000, Pessimist and GuessWhosBack
jar-baby

jar-baby

Arcanist
Jun 20, 2023
I don't feel like I'm educated enough to have a strong stance on the issue but I know you've made a lot of pro-Israel posts in the past (that I would've thought indicated dogmatism or at least intransigence), so props for being able to alter your position.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: IBM0000, Pessimist, kinderbueno and 1 other person
LiuKang

LiuKang

73 IQ genius
Aug 18, 2024
> colonises land with no claim
> attacks first
> begins losing war
> calls it genocide

A

Aloneandinpain

Student
Dec 25, 2023
Even other Muslim countries hate Palestinians. I'm no fan of Israel but there's no greater evil on this earth than Islam

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
astr4

astr4

memento mori
Mar 27, 2019
imagine if i pulled up to ur house and i was like bro this is my god given house tho the british decided it :/

and then u started punching me bc hey i'm literally squatting in ur house

but the world calls me the victim and you the villain bc ur muslim and that's a no-go

feelsbadman

Reactions: real human being
real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
I live in Israel but I'm becoming increasingly pro-Palestine. I think the attacks on October 7 were horrific, but it doesn't give Israel the right to carpet bomb the Gaza Strip and kill many thousands of civilians. The far-right government in Israel seems determined to destroy both Hamas and Gaza, opposing any hostage deal that comes with a permanent ceasefire. In the meantime there's a catastrophic humanitarian crisis in Gaza and a threat of famine. Desperate Palestinians who have lost family members join militant groups to fight Israel. And now it looks like Netanyahu is trying to start a war in Lebanon and Iran as well.
Wow, during our discussion you seemed so hard headed I didn't think you could change your mind.

• Love
Reactions: IBM0000
I

IBM0000

Oct 10, 2023
Wow, during our discussion you seemed so hard headed I didn't think you could change your mind.
When society tells you one thing, you tend to really believe it....But when YOUR PERSONAL EXPERIENCES as someone who is suicidal due to multiutdes of reasons come into effect, you doubt these assumptions. You go through allll the dumb stages of despair. And finally, you reach acceptance. And pessismist, I am so happy for you :). You are really strong in that sense, that you overcame the israeli propaganda to have become someone better for society. Good for you.
Even other Muslim countries hate Palestinians. I'm no fan of Israel but there's no greater evil on this earth than Islam
That's not true. If you measure evil on standard measures and historical ones, Muslims werent responsible for both world wars. Not responsible for colonization of British India and the insane famine that followed. Not for the colonization of any country in modern history. Not for the current system that causes millions to die due to diseases, hunger and thirst. I am sorry, but I don't think it's fair that one 9/11 equals all that bs. Not even a million 9/11's. btw. Most 9/11 hijackers were saudi, and the us LOVES the saudis and never invaded saudia and their other middle east "allies".

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Pessimist
Pessimist

Pessimist

Arcanist
May 5, 2021
My disapproval of war crimes in Gaza doesn't mean that I agree with all of your positions. I remember that you made some baseless claims, including the idea that the UN is biased in favor of Israel (despite its known anti-Israel bias):

real human being

real human being

full of broken thoughts
Jan 28, 2022
My disapproval of war crimes in Gaza doesn't mean that I agree with all of your positions. I remember that you made some baseless claims, including the idea that the UN is biased in favor of Israel (despite its known anti-Israel bias):

I'll take what I can get