Wojaczek

Wojaczek

Student
Oct 24, 2021
Im not meant to live this confined lifestyle, i should on sea drinking booze and robbing villages with my crew to make easy money.
This Life is just so limited and boring and trying never leads to anything.
I just want to be born again into a fimension where powers exist because this world is nothing to me, it doesnt give me anything
Yes im a one piece nerd but that life apprals most to me

• Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: patheticpartner, UseItOrLoseIt, WrongPlaceWrongTime and 2 others
TheAmazingCriswell

TheAmazingCriswell

I predict...
Apr 28, 2021
Two quotes from Alec Wilder's "American Popular Song" about composer Harold Arlen:

"Unlike Irving Berlin, who forged ahead in the days when there wasn't a great deal to get excited about, Arlen, my hunch tells me, might never have become a song writer had he grown up in those rolling but, to him, tepid times. For he needed the enriched and color-drenched sounds which had developed by the late twenties in order for him to want to be a writer."

"He entered the field of popular music at a propitious time, one in which he could spread himself and experiment rhythmically, harmonically, and melodically as he never could have even ten years before. To me it is like an invention, let's say the camera, appearing, and before you know it there is a man who seems, by his aptitude, to have been born to be a photographer. Had Arlen been born sooner or later than he was, there would have been little in the musical air to inspire him to be a writer of songs."

What Wilder expresses here is something I have been thinking about for a long time, namely that some people are born too early, some too late and some in just the right time for their particular talents and aptitudes to unfold and attain success.
Someone alive today who has a knack for computers is bound to find a good job, but might have been homeless a hundred years ago, others who are overwhelmed by the problems of modern life might have flourished in medieval times.
Think of Faraday: He was a groundbreaking scientist in his time, but relied almost entirely on the experimental method, since his grasp of theory was fairly slight. Someone like him would stand no chance in today's scientific climate. Similarly, had he been born earlier, the scientific advancements on which he built would not have been available yet.
It is my strong belief that I myself would have been able to cope better with life had I been born into a slower-paced, less technology fixated time.

• Love
Reactions: patheticpartner, UseItOrLoseIt, Snake of Eden and 3 others
Wojaczek

Wojaczek

Student
Oct 24, 2021
Two quotes from Alec Wilder's "American Popular Song" about composer Harold Arlen:

"Unlike Irving Berlin, who forged ahead in the days when there wasn't a great deal to get excited about, Arlen, my hunch tells me, might never have become a song writer had he grown up in those rolling but, to him, tepid times. For he needed the enriched and color-drenched sounds which had developed by the late twenties in order for him to want to be a writer."

"He entered the field of popular music at a propitious time, one in which he could spread himself and experiment rhythmically, harmonically, and melodically as he never could have even ten years before. To me it is like an invention, let's say the camera, appearing, and before you know it there is a man who seems, by his aptitude, to have been born to be a photographer. Had Arlen been born sooner or later than he was, there would have been little in the musical air to inspire him to be a writer of songs."

What Wilder expresses here is something I have been thinking about for a long time, namely that some people are born too early, some too late and some in just the right time for their particular talents and aptitudes to unfold and attain success.
Someone alive today who has a knack for computers is bound to find a good job, but might have been homeless a hundred years ago, others who are overwhelmed by the problems of modern life might have flourished in medieval times.
Think of Faraday: He was a groundbreaking scientist in his time, but relied almost entirely on the experimental method, since his grasp of theory was fairly slight. Someone like him would stand no chance in today's scientific climate. Similarly, had he been born earlier, the scientific advancements on which he built would not have been available yet.
It is my strong belief that I myself would have been able to cope better with life had I been born into a slower-paced, less technology fixated time.
Fuck im too low attention span too read this. But i think people are born to do something but im not so let me restart at least

• Yay!
  • Love
Reactions: patheticpartner and Angst Filled Fuck Up
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Im not meant to live this confined lifestyle, i should on sea drinking booze and robbing villages with my crew to make easy money.

I'm a real-life butt pirate.

butt-pirate.jpg

Last edited:
  • Yay!
Reactions: patheticpartner, UseItOrLoseIt, Snake of Eden and 5 others
Wojaczek

Wojaczek

Student
Oct 24, 2021
Fuck this earth tbh
Its so boring

• Love