• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

G

ganpres37

Student
Aug 21, 2018
you know, it saddens me that i came back. i was doing so well for a while, and now i'm suicidal again. maybe i'm not meant to experience joy. anyways, i have a dumb question related to school: if i fail a certain number of classes in high school, will i get held back? asking because i think if i get held back i'll off myself. my life will be basically over at that point. i'd be forever regarded a moron, never get into a good college, etc. please let me know so i can arrange my plans. thanks guys

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide, [NoName] and 2 others
Empty Smile

Empty Smile

The final Bell has rung. Goodbye to all.
Jul 13, 2018
If I remember correctly, it all depends on what your grade point average was combined. But I'm an old fart now and usually can't remember past last week.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide and therhydler
[NoName]

[NoName]

Student
Nov 15, 2018
You have to have passed a certain number of classes. 4 english classes, 4 math classes, etc. And then probably at least a few specific courses like a finances course.

College isn't necessarily the only option available. Trade schools may be something you can look into. Also, community colleges may accept you.

I'd check with your school's advisor and see your options. Then you can make an informed decision after that. You can also probably find a lot of information on your school's website.

Good luck.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide and ganpres37
T

TiredHorse

Enlightened
Nov 1, 2018
Like Empty Smile, I'm an old fart, and like him I also believe it depends on your GPA --[NoName] seems to have a good grasp on it as well-- but it can get complex depending on how many upper level/honors classes you might be taking, etc.

Also, while I don't know your exact situation, I'd like to mention that the two friends of mine from high school who had the worst GPAs of my cadre, one of whom didn't graduate because he didn't complete his course load, also wound up incredibly successful despite never going to college. The fellow who didn't graduate ended up an award-winning author, and the other got his own column at a *very* prestigious newspaper.

Don't take high school as any indication of how the rest of life will go. It's a fucked up system designed to indoctrinate you into a single template of success, where "success" is defined as becoming a happy little cog in the corporate machine. I know it's damned difficult to imagine it when you're in the thick of that cesspool, but if it offers you any comfort, I can promise that your struggle to become a cog bodes well for your future once you're out of the cog-factory.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide, Smilla and 3 others
Amira

Amira

Student
Nov 15, 2018
you know, it saddens me that i came back. i was doing so well for a while, and now i'm suicidal again. maybe i'm not meant to experience joy. anyways, i have a dumb question related to school: if i fail a certain number of classes in high school, will i get held back? asking because i think if i get held back i'll off myself. my life will be basically over at that point. i'd be forever regarded a moron, never get into a good college, etc. please let me know so i can arrange my plans. thanks guys
Please I need you to hold on and get back on track. I may be nagging you. However, dont believe those who say highschool aint important. IT IS!!!! Many people who dropped out of or failed to get the grades in highschool pretty much regretted it later. It affected themm alot. Graduating from highschool with good graduate will give access to so many routes to progress from. It will make life alot easier in the long run trust me. I wish someine told me that before. I wish my mother told me.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lefty, Cyanide and 2 others
Sinbad

Sinbad

Self-Annihilation is loading...95%
Nov 27, 2018
i think if i get held back i'll off myself. my life will be basically over at that point. i'd be forever regarded a moron, never get into a good college, etc.
Stay strong! I repeated a year in Middle school twice :P and I still ended up getting a Bachelor degree from ASU with a good GPA.
You are not a moron. Trust me, a good college will look over this tiny failure as long as you learned from your mistake.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide, iHeartRockArt and 3 others
M

Muri

dead and gone
Nov 6, 2018
School sucks man I think most of me wanting to ctb is from school whether it's grades,gpa or class rank. I think failing is situational though. You'd have to look at your districts rules. Where I am you just repeat the classes not the actual grade. You can also do summer school for failed classes.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide, [NoName] and 1 other person
G

ganpres37

Student
Aug 21, 2018
Like Empty Smile, I'm an old fart, and like him I also believe it depends on your GPA --[NoName] seems to have a good grasp on it as well-- but it can get complex depending on how many upper level/honors classes you might be taking, etc.

Also, while I don't know your exact situation, I'd like to mention that the two friends of mine from high school who had the worst GPAs of my cadre, one of whom didn't graduate because he didn't complete his course load, also wound up incredibly successful despite never going to college. The fellow who didn't graduate ended up an award-winning author, and the other got his own column at a *very* prestigious newspaper.

Don't take high school as any indication of how the rest of life will go. It's a fucked up system designed to indoctrinate you into a single template of success, where "success" is defined as becoming a happy little cog in the corporate machine. I know it's damned difficult to imagine it when you're in the thick of that cesspool, but if it offers you any comfort, I can promise that your struggle to become a cog bodes well for your future once you're out of the cog-factory.

thank you so much for this.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide, therhydler and 1 other person
gingerplum

gingerplum

Enlightened
Nov 5, 2018
Ok. Worst case scenario, you fail out or drop out of high school.

Listen up, kiddo: big fucking deal.

This is so goddamn trivial in the scheme of things, it just kills me that you're upset about it to the point of thinking your life is over.

Like Tired Horse & Empty Smile, I've been around the block a few times... this is not the end of the world.

You can get your GED (easily) and go to community college... they're open to everyone, and the only requirement is a GED. Most of them offer bachelor's degree now, or you can transfer to a four-year college.

Or maybe there's something else, like trade school. I would rather my kid be a happy, self-sufficient hairdresser than a miserable MBA from Wharton any day.

Are you kidding me? This won't be the first time that life derails you. Take your control back, and make another plan.

Last edited:
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide, TiredHorse and 3 others
G

ganpres37

Student
Aug 21, 2018
Ok. Worst case scenario, you fail out or drop out of high school.

Listen up, kiddo: big fucking deal.

This is so goddamn trivial in the scheme of things, it just kills me that you're upset about it to the point of thinking your life is over.

Like Tired Horse & Empty Smile, I've been around the block a few times... this is not the end of the world.

You can get your GED (easily) and go to community college... they're open to everyone, and the only requirement is a GED. Most of them offer bachelor's degree now, or you can transfer to a four-year college.

Or maybe there's something else, like trade school. I would rather my kid be a happy, self-sufficient hairdresser than a miserable MBA from Wharton any day.

Are you kidding me? This won't be the first time that life derails you. Take your control back, and make another plan.
tysm

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide and gingerplum
M

Mixk009

Nov 26, 2018
I agree with Ginger.

I did well in high school. 3.7 gpa and I got into college and did 2 semesters b4 i dropped. I had a 3.4 gpa.

LET ME TELL YOU that those were the biggest mistakes of my life. Doing well in school means nothing. What do you want to do in life? Focus on that. I realized I want to do art and music and just be happy. I don't give a fuck for no job or career. I'm no wage slave. I mean currently I'm unemployed and need to get a job to pay rent, but if I just focused on my art and music I wouldn't need a job. As to why I don't well it doesn't matter...

Doing good in school is a myth perpetuated by asshole teachers. God they misled me... I mean I knew. Only reason I did well was to go to college to escape my parents and transition. Now I'm just rambling.

But yeah keep your head up. I'm not saying flunk school, definitely go get your GED or diploma, but focus on what you want. Want to be a dancer? Practice dancing. Guitar? Play guitar. Aerospace engineering? Make a mini plane. It's all about projects. Small projects lead up to big ones and big ones lead up to "careers". Except there's no such thing as a career. You can be fired at work any day. Try to make your own career that brings you happiness. Happiness > money/fame.

Btw it sounds like you should speak to your teachers and counselors. They know best on how you can pass.

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Lefty, Cyanide and 2 others
S

Shewaitsforme

Arcanist
Sep 23, 2018
Its not the end if you have to repeate a year, there are so many circumstances where people have to do this, ill health, unable to complete exams, moving etc. Whilst school is important it does not define you, these days employers also look for experience. I have 12 GCSEs A-B grades, 3 Alevels, A degree and an access course in health. Applied to uni fully fitting the grade profile, knocked back 2 years in a row because i didnt have any health care experience to get on the paramedic degree, so i went and applied for a lower ambulance role to gain experience. Other people had to do the access course as they had the experience but not the grades as they didnt complete school. There are ways around it if you fail the first time, dont let it define you. Trade jobs, apprentice jobs are so in need right now and beats sitting in an office attached to a call centre phone. People mock mcdonalds workers, i was turned away as i was 'over qualified' now those managers earn a shit ton more than i do and i run around with skills i use to save peoples lives. I dont know you full background ie mental health etc but way i see it from what yoive said getting put back a year is not the end

Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, Cyanide, gingerplum and 1 other person