• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

girlofduty

girlofduty

Dec 12, 2020
Doctors and therapists always pretend they're not asking me that but they are. It annoys me.
Feel the same way, they keep hinting at it... I just pretended that I'm fine and have found peace in meditation so that I would be released from the doctors, took a lot of faking but also trying to not to make it too obvious.
I hate the ones that keep reminding you that your life is better than some people, that makes me feel worse!

Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
Feel the same way, they keep hinting at it... I just pretended that I'm fine and have found peace in meditation so that I would be released from the doctors, took a lot of faking but also trying to not to make it too obvious.
I hate the ones that keep reminding you that your life is better than some people, that makes me feel worse!
I understand this feeling, they pretend they know everything so they can get you to speak everything out, but the truth is they didn't know a shit

Puffinz

Puffinz

Dec 7, 2020
Killing yourself is really hard. People that aren't suicidal think that if you are suicidal you just lose all natural survival instinct. For a lot of suicidal people it's not like it erases all survival instinct. It's more like your suicidal thoughts are fighting against your survival instincts. Suicide is a huge choice and it takes a long time to decide if you want to go through with it.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
A quote I've heard way too much. They use it as a way to try and call out a bluff. Complete BS.
They act as if killing oneself is extremely easy,
therefore if we want to die we'd have no problems with pulling the either literal or metaphorical trigger.

Exactly!
Killing yourself is probably one of the hardest thing to "accomplish" in life.

Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

🚫Safety is a figment of the imagination🚫
Jul 1, 2020
* if you want to suicide, you already have been dead by now* but you still alive.
have you tried to kill yourself? no? then shut up. lol its like my signature says (that i cant see right now so it might be off) "dont judge me unless youve lived my life and youll never live my life so never judge me" unless youve tried to kill yourself dont make it sound so easy because its not. its like running a marathon, "oh how hard can it be" i guess we'll see when you die of a heart attack halfway through if its so easy.

Last edited:
symphonyofthenight

symphonyofthenight

Dec 17, 2020
What do you guys think about those people who said * if you want to suicide, you already have been dead by now* but you still alive. Any thoughts?
I think people stay alive for a variety of reasons. Some people are afraid to die and think about the consequences: who they might be hurting. And maybe others don't have the energy to do it because of where they're at in their life right now.

Some people are afraid of pain. They have been through so much and to bring about more of it, on purpose, to themselves, even if you choose a peaceful method... Sometimes, it's a lot. You want to stop hurting and you're so, so tired that you just don't have the energy to overcome the fear of more pain.

Just because you didn't cbt yet doesn't mean that you don't want to. Maybe it's just not the right time yet.

LigottiFan19

LigottiFan19

Nov 21, 2020
The instinct to survive is the most basic and profound aspect of mammalian life. To override that requires a very specific set of circumstances.

To think a person can wish to die and flippantly carry that out is a fantasy used by people who cannot understand the impulse, and fear it, or are simply unsympathetic.

justanotherstar

justanotherstar

Life: you can’t fire me, I quit.
Nov 23, 2020
I think it's a way for people to shirk their responsibility. To shut down the conversation because it's too difficult for them to handle. Anyone who says this has never been suicidal. You all have expressed so well why CTB is so difficult I don't need to repeat the words

Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
Killing yourself is really hard. People that aren't suicidal think that if you are suicidal you just lose all natural survival instinct. For a lot of suicidal people it's not like it erases all survival instinct. It's more like your suicidal thoughts are fighting against your survival instincts. Suicide is a huge choice and it takes a long time to decide if you want to go through with it.
Damn... most honest thread I've ever read. So true..
Why pay any attention to stupid things people say? That's someone I wouldn't talk to again probably.
I hope that the words you say, didn't mean me. I just angry at those people who said those because it's like suicide is easy for them. But it's not. They are just talking like they know the feeling but the dont

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I don't care about others' opinion unless they are in alignment as mine, unless their opinions help me in a way.

in this case, they are not very resourceful,
And I'll just disregard what they have to say.

Last edited:
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
have you tried to kill yourself? no? then shut up. lol its like my signature says (that i cant see right now so it might be off) "dont judge me unless youve lived my life and youll never live my life so never judge me" unless youve tried to kill yourself dont make it sound so easy because its not. its like running a marathon, "oh how hard can it be" i guess we'll see when you die of a heart attack halfway through if its so easy.
Have I tried to kill myself? No? Sorry, it's a yes and not once. But twice. Also, this thread I created, is just what other people said, not me. I'm just creating a thread and asking you guys opinion about it.

Seul

Seul

Dec 3, 2020
Yes! One told me I had so much potential compared to other young people they saw and it made me feel like shit. Also can't believe they'd talk about other people like that
A quote I've heard way too much. They use it as a way to try and call out a bluff. Complete BS.
They act as if killing oneself is extremely easy,
therefore if we want to die we'd have no problems with pulling the either literal or metaphorical trigger.
This is so true! They make me feel like if I tell them it's too hard then I'm not trying hard enough or I don't really know what I want

KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
The question intends for subjective answer,
So you won't get anything of value out of it.

what you have to do is ask yourself how you feel about your own life/death. You can change your opinion from time to time but you wouldn't wanna listen to someone else unless you want them to guide you a particular way.

Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
The question intends for subjective answer,
So you won't get anything of value out of it.

what you have to do is ask yourself how you feel about your own life/death. You can change your opinion from time to time but you wouldn't wanna listen to someone else unless you want them to guide you a particular way.
I pretty much got most of the answer I want, and the answer is same as what I thought.

• Love
Reactions: KleinerWolf
KleinerWolf

KleinerWolf

Account Wipe.
Apr 30, 2020
I pretty much got most of the answer I want, and the answer is same as what I thought.
Things tend to be confirmation biased.
Unless you don't know the answer, people tend to go where they already decided.

raindrops

raindrops

Someday, eventually
Mar 29, 2020
* if you want to suicide, you already have been dead by now*
i'd find that really insulting, and when they say that its so obvious they have never thought about ctb and clearly pro-life.

walking to work once i was crying, a colleague of mine seen me before going into work, so she asked "whats up Anon?"
i said "i dont want to be here anymore" then she asked "what here at work?" so i told her "no not work, i mean living, i dont want to live"
she laughed, thats all. it made me think, does she think im lying?
i feel guilty for telling her that, because people do think its a joke, like you havent planned it, researched or dreamt about it.
anyway that morning i just said it out loud, i was fed up being asked "hey, how are you" because you have to say "oh hey, yeah im allll okay everythings totally fine"

some people just dont know what to say or say the wrong thing.

Last edited:
MindFrog

MindFrog

:Professional Hypocrite:
Nov 19, 2020
I'll roll my eyes. That's when you see people really lack empathy on us. So narrow minded. It's like they don't have any kind of body impulses to control. Why is it so hard to wrap around their heads how hard it is to ctb? When there's people there who can't control their diets, get into addictive habits etc. There's always a tug-o-war between your own will and your body's.

It's much better to ignore them. They don't deserve the effort to explain shit to them.

Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
I'll roll my eyes. That's when you see people really lack empathy on us. So narrow minded. It's like they don't have any kind of body impulses to control. Why is it so hard to wrap around their heads how hard it is to ctb? When there's people there who can't control their diets, get into addictive habits etc. There's always a tug-o-war between your own will and your body's.

It's much better to ignore them. They don't deserve the effort to explain shit to them.
Alright, guess I should be like you. Ignoring those retards. But sometimes when they go overboard, talking without thinking. Really makes me burst to rage instead of ignoring them.
i'd find that really insulting, and when they say that its so obvious they have never thought about ctb and clearly pro-life.

walking to work once i was crying, a colleague of mine seen me before going into work, so she asked "whats up Anon?"
i said "i dont want to be here anymore" then she asked "what here at work?" so i told her "no not work, i mean living, i dont want to live"
she laughed, thats all. it made me think, does she think im lying?
i feel guilty for telling her that, because people do think its a joke, like you havent planned it, researched or dreamt about it.
anyway that morning i just said it out loud, i was fed up being asked "hey, how are you" because you have to say "oh hey, yeah im allll okay everythings totally fine"

some people just dont know what to say or say the wrong thing.
Yes, and it is actually insulting. That's what I thought. It's actually from another forum and I saw someone said that. And guess what, the comment below, MOST people actually agree with that guy who said that words

They don't even care, they thought they know everything because they never feel it before. But after once they really got depression or some shit, they will understand what most of us feel. Now they just talk without using their brain

Last edited:
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
i had someone who i went to and rlly loved who would constantly tell me ""if you really wanted to die, you would/wouldn't..." like you don't know what i want and the only reason i'm reaching out isn't because i want help to get better i just want comfort as i work towards killing myself aghhhh

Captive of Mind

Captive of Mind

Memento mori
Aug 11, 2020
Well sure, if someone is in extreme urgency then they would find a way immediately, but a lot of people want to make sure they have it planned out as much as possible before they make an attempt. It isn't something you could afford to mess up on. This means doing research and talking with others to learn about different methods and how to do them. Some methods take a long time to acquire. It also means planning a date so you don't ruin a date on the calendar or an event for others. There might be affairs to get in order or something you want to do before you go.

And if someone says, "You wouldn't be telling anyone if you were really going to do it", there are plenty of times when people talk about killing themselves and then do it. It's also an extremely crushing and disorientating experience wanting to kill yourself and knowing you are about to do it. It makes sense that someone would talk about it in a moment of despair. Plus, they want to be heard and understood before leaving.

Last edited:
N

neverever

Dec 10, 2020
Agree with what you've all shared. The friend in whom I confide my suicidality tells me, "If you really wanted to kill yourself, you would have done it already." No, I really want to do it, and I have been building up the courage to proceed. If I had had the courage to do what I really want to do, I would have done it already.
Yes! One told me I had so much potential compared to other young people they saw and it made me feel like shit. Also can't believe they'd talk about other people like that

This is so true! They make me feel like if I tell them it's too hard then I'm not trying hard enough or I don't really know what I want
I feel awful when people tell me that I have "so much potential."

Last edited:
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
The first thing that comes to my mind is that they are shortsighted and naive, as they ignore the survival instinct (SI) as well as the fact that not all people have access to reliable methods to CTB.