• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Ww42

Ww42

Student
Feb 24, 2024
Ive been involuntarily committed so a gun is out of my options, so SN for me

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
I could never hope to get a shotgun in the foreseeable future because of my living situation and parents, but I'd probably choose that if I could. What scares me the most about SN is that I'll just be... sitting there, for 10-20 minutes, in a brutal fight with SI until I fall unconscious and die. Once you've overcome the SI from pointing a loaded gun to your head, you've already pulled the trigger, and that's it. You'd already be dead. No panic, no pain, no regrets.

Reactions: CelestialDiana
ecliptic

ecliptic

take me to the afterlife
Jun 2, 2024
If I lived in the United States I would use a shotgun to the head but I live in the UK.

Reactions: ToMoveOn
SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
Very selfish in my opinion, people have different morals though so I'm not going to judge.
i definitely liked the "turning body to modern art" more than the "living in the minds of others". In my ideal scenario, I'd do it deep in the woods and never be found. Less ideal would be in my car on the side of a quiet country road. Least ideal would be in my apartment.

Reactions: Sk1rtd4b
A

Artemisia

Experienced
May 24, 2024
The difference in choice is far more likely due to women naturally having far less propensity towards violence than us given our natural testosterone and upbringing. I'm sure you didn't mean anything disrespectful by the comment, just want to clear that up.
This is something I read in a study years ago, not my opinion. I most certainly didn't mean any disrespect, it's just what it is. And being female myself, never made much sense to me.

.dreamless.

.dreamless.

Aug 3, 2022
Gun combined with hanging

Reactions: awaitingdeath
DexterMorgan

DexterMorgan

Mar 29, 2024
SN. I want to enjoy my final moments and drift off. SN is more risky of course, but why would you want your final moments be spent scared and it just be cut off? Go by a lake. River. Nice scenery. Take SN. Drift off. Perfect. Also shotgun is lower risk but consequences are way more severe. You would end up faceless and have no eyes or nose or... face. sn you would at max be partially disabled for a bit lol.

Reactions: CelestialDiana
Onelegman

Onelegman

I use a translator
May 24, 2024
I choose the shotgun, very short pain, once your brain takes massive damage the rest doesn't matter, you end up brainless, literally

Reactions: Afflicted
L

lifewasawillowtv

You’re losing me
Nov 12, 2023
Gunshot all the way. It's the method I have in a weird way romanticised the most, it's pretty much instant if you hit the right spot. Sn you slowly poison yourself and feel yourself dying, I think that would freak me out personally. However guns aren't accessible where I live so realistically it would have to be sn. In an ideal world I would choose gunshot but then in an ideal world I wouldn't be in this situation in the first place cus I would have died at birth instead.

Reactions: Artemisia and CelestialDiana
L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
This is something I read in a study years ago, not my opinion. I most certainly didn't mean any disrespect, it's just what it is. And being female myself, never made much sense to me.
Gotcha, my mistake I honestly assumed you were male and come across too many incels online. My bad for jumping the gun.

S

suffering_mo_7

Experienced
May 8, 2024
The data on SN outcomes are worse than what the comment stated, ranging from 30%-60% fatality rates on the 2 studies which did review of 5-11 years worth of data. Reviews of rates probably will increase with time as it has become a more common method and people are more educated on proper set up.

SIGW fatality rates vary significantly by caliber of gun used, seriously surprising how many use .22 (often just chosen since people use what they own) which is a very weak caliber if you're not familiar with guns. The other major issue is people aiming improperly. Also surprising how many aim at chest instead of head with a handgun. Even with all that, rates sit around 90% which are still by far the efficacious method. Beyond that I've tried in the past to find a single case of a survived attempt by shotgun where people did it properly (gun in mouth, aim at brain) and could not. Every case you find with the person surviving is because they put it under their chin and shoot their face off.

First 2 studies quantifies SN rates, third includes firearm rates.

@LaughingGoat Do you know the statistics on a shot to the chest, either by shotgun or .357? I'm wondering if SI might be easier for me to overcome this way, though I am not sure how I could get a shotgun to my chest as I don't have long enough arms.

AmberianDawn

AmberianDawn

Jun 9, 2024
If I knew how to shoot, I would use a gun, but since I don't know and I have seen cases of people who were left alive, I prefer the SN

Dusk till dawn

Dusk till dawn

Student
Sep 7, 2018
It depends on the power of the shotgun, a precise shot in my heart would kill me directly with no chance of saving me, so id choose shotgun because it's quicker to use and there's no way to recover if you hit a vital spot like your heart

L

LaughingGoat

Mage
Apr 11, 2024
@LaughingGoat Do you know the statistics on a shot to the chest, either by shotgun or .357? I'm wondering if SI might be easier for me to overcome this way, though I am not sure how I could get a shotgun to my chest as I don't have long enough arms.
People survive gunshot wounds with cardiac damage more often than most would think (still low, maybe 10-25% depending what source you look at) but there's no real data on it for SIGW for the hearts specifically, not even factoring in things like the person is shooting with contact to chest and using a larger caliber. So I would say it would definitely be more reliable than stabbing the heart or a lot of methods, but I wouldn't personally be 100% confident in dying immediately from it.

SeekingPeace164

SeekingPeace164

Mar 20, 2024
You could theoretically get a Remington TAC-14 or Mossberg Shockwave. Both have 14 inch barrels, so much easier to point to chest. I'm unsure of how quick or certain death would be, but based on some googling could be pretty quick

Last edited:
Afflicted

Afflicted

I'm a priest from the underworld, Guess who?
Feb 27, 2023
Try and track down a mossberg shockwave. I don't know how long your arms are but I guarantee you could pull off the angle for the heart shot.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Tommen Baratheon

Tommen Baratheon

1+1=3
Dec 26, 2023
It's not available to me, but I'd choose a gun, aim for that cerebellum and out. (Sorry for the mess I left behind.)

A lot of people here are fixated on SN, but I'm not convinced this is a peaceful death, even if you combine it with all those meds.

andreamysk

andreamysk

Jun 29, 2024
For those who don't live in the US, I don't think it's that easy to recover a firearm (and I, personally, fear I would make a mess 🙃)

I put the HOT in psychotic
Jul 9, 2024
Handgun and temple or mouth. But I'm in Canada so that's a no.

SN impossible to get. Sounds complicated too.

Reactions: Buffy
T

ToMoveOn

Jun 16, 2024
Definitely gun. Death is essentially instantaneous. With SN you have time to think before the effects take over.

For me, attaining a firearm is easier than acquiring the SN, anyways.

Buffy

Buffy

24/7 cold
Mar 17, 2024
Though I prefer to have a slow death, I'm tired of ingesting poisons, so I'd choose the gun. It's simple and painless.

Placo

Placo

At Eternity's Gates
Feb 14, 2024
Gun, it is not clear whether SN is painless or not despite many people looking for it as if it were the perfect suicide method.

Abra

Abra

let go
Jul 8, 2024
I'd go with gun. It's instant, basically 100% success rate, you can't be saved, and because it's instant, you wouldn't feel any pain.

LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
It should be shotgun by any metric but I don't know if I could ever bring myself to discharge one on myself.

J

J1214

Jul 10, 2024
Due to a decision made by a Judge, I cannot legally own a gun.

Not that this reality matters because even if I could get a gun, I'm too much of a coward so I'm using SN.

If I had the balls to use one I would get a shotgun.

Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Shotgun more lethal

SoulWhisperer

SoulWhisperer

Careless Soul « MtF »
Nov 13, 2023
I'd probably go with the gun because it'd be much faster and quickly lethal.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
both together . Drink SN then immediately shoot myself , no hesitation , pick up shotgun . point against my head click. Ronnie Mcnutt