• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
No, not fair on the 99% of people who love life and are grateful to be alive.

Life is such a miracle that it wouldn't take much to ensure it never happened.
If you pushed the button, then they would never have come into existence, so they wouldn't even have been able to love life or be grateful to be alive at all. Wdym "life is such a miracle?"

U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
If you pushed the button, then they would never have come into existence, so they wouldn't even have been able to love life or be grateful to be alive at all. Wdym "life is such a miracle?"
I never really can get my head around the idea of people saying they didn't consent to be born, or would be better off not born etc. The whole concept makes no sense to me, the reality is we were born and there infinite peoeple who are not born. The logic makes no sense.

Why would wiping out 100% of life be beneficial to just us 1% who have untreatable depression? The logic makes no sense. I don't hate life or humanity.
I think its a miracle that life came to be.
I just know it's not meant for me to enjoy life, but that's OK, society and the human race doesn't owe me anything.

• Hugs
Reactions: h.s.p.
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
i'd press it more eagerly if all vegetation was left and of course the leaf eaters of this world. vegetarians don't count :p

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I never really can get my head around the idea of people saying they didn't consent to be born, or would be better off not born etc. The whole concept makes no sense to me, the reality is we were born and there infinite peoeple who are not born. The logic makes no sense.

Why would wiping out 100% of life be beneficial to just us 1% who have untreatable depression? The logic makes no sense. I don't hate life or humanity.
I think its a miracle that life came to be.
I just know it's not meant for me to enjoy life, but that's OK, society and the human race doesn't owe me anything.
Why do you think it's a miracle that life came to be? It's better never to have been because life is suffering, and if you never existed you would never have to suffer. There's an asymmetry between pain and pleasure in life. There's endless, constant, never-ending ways to feel pain and few, fleeting ways to feel pleasure. Pleasure and happiness is something ephemeral and transient in life. Life always demands and requires something from you. Everyday you have needs that you have to meet, and if you don't, they're demonstrated by pain (hunger, thirst, etc).

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
Why would I selfishly take away the genuine joy some people find in life and existence just because I don't share in it? I might have gripes with my own existence, but I'm not delusional enough to think that there isn't any good in the world and everyone deserves to not exist. Plenty of people find joy in life despite their struggles and invalidating that makes no sense. The only person whose life anyone should be responsible for is their own. Pushing someone's own rhetoric of how all life is pointless onto everyone else who don't share in that belief seems incredibly selfish and I can only think of one person in this forum who would do that with a smile on their face.

• Love
4am

4am

there’s nothing for you.
Dec 14, 2023
the pros very heavily outweigh the negatives, so yes i would. after all it doesn't matter if you are the happiest or the saddest person in the world, if you never existed in the first place it wouldn't matter as you wouldn't have been able to neither suffer nor enjoy life.

Last edited:
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Yeah, I'd push the button. People say that it would be immoral as it goes against people's desires to live but they wouldn't even exist in the first place if I were to press the button. Non existent people can't wish to be alive and preventing future births from occuring will save far, far more than 8 billion humans anyway

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Why would I selfishly take away the genuine joy some people find in life and existence just because I don't share in it? I might have gripes with my own existence, but I'm not delusional enough to think that there isn't any good in the world and everyone deserves to not exist. Plenty of people find joy in life despite their struggles and invalidating that makes no sense. The only person whose life anyone should be responsible for is their own. Pushing someone's own rhetoric of how all life is pointless onto everyone else who don't share in that belief seems incredibly selfish and I can only think of one person in this forum who would do that with a smile on their face.
It's just a thought experiment and those people wouldn't even be alive to feel joy in life and existence. I had the idea from Darkover's post. Darkover's post was wiping out/killing all life but mine is making sure that no life was ever created in the first place.

Thanksforeverything

Thanksforeverything

A handshake of carbon monoxide
Jul 24, 2023
The only person whose life you should have control over is your own. No one else, period.

pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Yes because no human or other animal suffered by not existing. only while alive can a human or other animal suffer unbearable constant unending unbearable pain. what is worth that? nothing.

And best of all I would never have been born if life had not evolved

Last edited:
Reactions: sserafim and 4am
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
No, it's not my decision to make for others. I'd prevent my own existence, if it was just me that never existed, sure.

Reactions: sserafim