• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Darkover

Darkover

Illuminated
Jul 29, 2021
Hypothetical question: If you could press a button and kill off humanity forever, would you? Obviously doing this would put you in the stereotypical super-villain category for 99% of humanity, but it would also end human suffering for good once and for all.

• Love
Reactions: maidens
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Nah. Give me a button to send everything into nothingness and maybe I will think about it.

Reactions: myusername890
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023
I'd flip a coin first, like two-face from Batman... then I'm neither good nor evil.

It's an old fashioned game of chance. Luck of the draw. (like all the crap that we have to needlessly endure in this life, nobody's fault)

Btw, I think your question needs a poll.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I don't understand why people keep on posting random question threads in "suicide discussion" isn't this what offtopic is for. Not that matters as I doubt threads like this are really allowed on here anyway which is why I'll say no more as this is a pro-choice forum by the way or at least they like to say it is.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I don't think I have the right to decide that for others. I think everyone as individuals should have the power to end their own existence. Imagine if all it took for me to leave was being certain in my decision and snapping my fingers. This should be an ability that everyone has, but it should only work when they genuinely desire it.

EvisceratedJester

EvisceratedJester

The drip finally stops
Oct 21, 2023
No, because that would be unfair to others. Just as how I should have the right to die if I want to, others should have the right to live if they want to. Just because I want to die doesn't mean that I have the right to force everyone else to die with me. Being pro-choice means respecting other people's bodily autonomy.

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Yes , if it would happen in a milliseconds, everybody would go back to non existence like before.

I don't really like universe and earth, its useless really. There is no purpose to all this and never will.

Even if there was a purpose , it would be for a selfish prick like god if he exists.

Selfishness rules in the universe , so fuck that shit.

But i would prefer to go alone or with other suicidal people.

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that's just me
Sep 13, 2023
I think that's too much power and responsibility for one person. Personally, I wouldn't choose to end the universe.

Last edited:
LetMeBeSad

LetMeBeSad

Student
Sep 21, 2023
Absolutely. My favorite answer to the "what super power would you like?" question is always time travel. I'd travel back to the first signs of humanity and eradicate everyone. We're a plague on everything we touch.

Reactions: Darkover
Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Lol, I find hilarious how you can change answers with a simple word.

This was posted previously, but killing was never mentioned. "Extinction" was the word, and almost everyone said yes. Here, despite being almost the same thing, only one person accepted. People would gladly end countless lifes if it sounds good to them, but the moment you call it exactly as it is, everyone acts like they have nothing to do with it.

To all anti-natalists out there, can you be consistent in your beliefs for once? Sweetie, do you really think you can extinct billions by peaceful means? Unlike other vague threads, OP said there wasn't pain here. Mainstream anti-natalism is a complete joke because it's filled with contradictory ideas and no one seems to even question them. They are the most annoying people on Earth when it comes to consent to come to this world, but when given a choice, they ignore everything they preach? Do I have to explain you how every single thing implies other's non-consent in some way? Do you know where the vast majority of people comes from? The lack of rights and resources those countries have and how people lives on them? What choice will this people kids have, eh, Benatarians?

I press the button, BTW. I can receive all the insults you want, but at least I'm consistent in my beliefs. What? I don't like it, but if it's peaceful, I accept things aren't as we like it, and people must be mature enough to understand that. If we are talking about a magic button, at that point, why not peacefully putting everyone to sleep, anyway?

Last edited:
sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Hypothetical question: If you could press a button and kill off humanity forever, would you? Obviously doing this would put you in the stereotypical super-villain category for 99% of humanity, but it would also end human suffering for good once and for all.
I thought of this many times before. I definitely 100% would

I understand there are different opinions on this. But I can also say with full confidence, in the long-term and bigger picture, it will do way more good than harm

I'm not going to debate on this one, because it can go on forever. But I completely stand by this choice. This world is FULL of struggles. People need to see beyond just humans. Think of the animals too.... which is already a huge reflection of how much suffering there is in this world. In the real jungle/ animal kingdom out there, is just an endless slaughter-fest 24/7

Also one more thing. The OP mentioned the world will be gone by clicking a button. So its not like everyone is slowly being tortured. Its basically instant fall asleep (peacefully) and just never wake up, which is a dream come true for most people, especially now you also have the entire world doing it together with you

Send me the button now.... so I can press it right away :wink:

R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Lol, I find hilarious how you can change answers with a simple word.

This was posted previously, but killing was never mentioned. "Extinction" was the word, and almost everyone said yes. Here, despite being almost the same thing, only one person accepted.

To all anti-natalists out there, can you be consistent in your beliefs for once? Sweetie, do you really think you can extinct billions by peaceful means? Mainstream anti-natalism is a complete joke because it's filled with contradictory ideas and no one seems to even question them. They are the most annoying people on Earth when it comes to consent to come to this world, but when given a choice, they ignore everything they preach? Do I have to explain you how every single thing implies other's non-consent in some way?

I press the button, BTW. I can receive all the insults you want, but at least I'm consistent in my beliefs. What? I don't like it, but if it's peaceful, I accept things aren't as we like it, and people must be mature enough to understand that. If we are talking about a magic button, at that point, why not peacefully putting everyone to sleep, anyway?
I don't think anyone will judge you for it. I can see your reasoning and I often have dilemma about these scenarios myself.

Smelly_ballz

Smelly_ballz

No hope in heaven, No fear of hell
Oct 30, 2023
No. I had no say in existing, and I have no say in how others will die. It would not be fair to kill everything. Just bc I hate living and society doesn't mean that everyone does. Life exists outside of me. Most people and living things do not want to die.

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
How about I try asking the same question as OP, but rephrase in a different way

What if it was clear to you that, the ratio of humans suffering in this world, is around 60% (suffering), and 40% (less suffering)

And you only had 1 chance to press that button. Would you press it or not in that case? If you press it, the world will just instantly end, as if everyone fell asleep forever. There is no pain felt at all

(I would press it :wink:)

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
yes, in the end it would be the most empathetic decision to make. I would prevent more people like me from existing and the people who already exist will not suffer anymore. But I would do it more out of disgust for life than altruism.

Proteus

Proteus

Oceanic Member
Feb 6, 2024
Maybe, but I'm more likely to simply use the threat of it to coerce people into giving me what I want. Would that make me more or less evil? I can't say for sure.
I want to say I love your replies, for real. Your "I don't care" attitude (if that's the right expression) add humor to even the darkest discussion.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I want to say I love your replies, for real. Your "I don't care" attitude (if that's the right expression) add humor to even the darkest discussion.
Thanks. I'm not always trying to be humorous but I'm glad to have contributed to making people laugh. 😅

Reactions: Proteus