• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Push the button?

• Lemme smash

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Maybe later/as a plan B

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Nah fam

Votes: 55 46.6%

• Total voters
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Cancer is no way to die. It's excruciating pain and suffering and goes on for months at least. Nothing peaceful about it until Hospice finally administers enough powerful pain medication to render you unconscious, which is at the end of all your suffering. No thank you. By CTB, I hope to avoid going through all that. I've seen first-hand two people very close to me die from cancer, and it's nothing I'd even wish on my worst enemy.

Reactions: NSA
T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
Absolutely not, I watched people go downhill with cancer and wouldn't want to go through that. If it were something a bit more fast, maybe, not a months long illness that progressively gets worse.

I

ihateearth

Apr 1, 2024
Cancer is a painful death. Chemo is painful. You vomit, lose weight, all strength, can bleed heavy until you pass out, lose hair, brain fog, forget basic things, and really suffer.

All you have to do is google what it's like to die from cancer. I once felt the same way. If I got cancer I wouldn't get treatment. Hospice helps cancer patients die peacefully. Please google what it's like to die from cancer. Not good

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I don't know why these threads keep appearing. I specifically made a thread about cancer and other who had it/have it. If you want to get it just go have multiple x-rays in a day, fly commercial as often as possible, stay in the sun for 2 weeks with no clothes and sun cream, stick your hand in a microwave, get shit genetics, it's not hard.

It's not fun. It's a pain in the ass. Constant doctors, scans, tests, blood work, CT scans, X rays, biopsies, etc.

It took me about 30 minutes to check CTB with a rope. Stop with this cancer nonsense.

• Hugs
Reactions: divinemistress36
Bannana

Bannana

caretaker
Mar 10, 2024
Say there was a magical button you could press that would induce an aggressive form of cancer. Would you press it? Why or why not?

The button would only induce cancer in an early stage, and would progress to a terminal condition given time and if left untreated. Assume that you would still be able to CTB using a preferred method if you wouldn't want to ride out the full gauntlet of terminal illness to the very end. You would also have the option of treating it at a later date, should you change your mind, though there's no magical "undo cancer" button and you'd be reliant on modern medicine.
"waltah, put your ds away you'r jamming navigations"
"I am the one who feeds the virtual dogs"

Reactions: 4am
Z-A

Z-A

Let me go
Mar 3, 2024
I want my death to be unexpected or executed by myself, in a quick and peaceful way. Cancer doesn't work like that, it'll be expected and will prolong suffering from further complications developed by the cancer until your body can't function properly anymore and dies. No matter how long it takes, I would want to be fully functional before I die.

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
MrOptions

MrOptions

Let it go. This to shall pass.
Jan 6, 2020
You don't want cancer. I have had it for 2.5 years. 4 surgeries, that killed the nerves in my neck and right eye. Cancer is a slow death, even untreated. Still don't 6 more months of immune therapy. Even though I'm depressed and over 50, with no real life. I don't want to die from this. If it becomes a death sentence, I will simply end it on my own terms.

Final_Choice

Final_Choice

Mage
Aug 3, 2023
Absolutely, I know it would take a very long time and be incredibly painful, debilitating, and an overall horrible experience, but I'd still do it. Mainly only because it would be a death people will understand. I would no longer have to worry about hurting people due to my CTB, instead I'd have time to say goodbye and let them say their final words to me so they can grieve easier as I slowly die. That's really the only thing holding me back anyway, so it's perfect for me. It was my main option about a year ago, but I'm still researching ways to do it.

I have a few different types of uranium compounds thinking I'd be able to give myself cancer, but over time I've learned a lot more about radiation. Only isotope I can get a hold of which emits same rays as uranium would be Po-210, but that would only kill someone if it gets inside the body since the skin naturally nullifies it. It was actually used for a high-profile assignation a couple decades ago. Right now I'm researching different gamma and beta isotopes, looking into Co-60 and Cs-137 due to the half-life being specifically a few years, emitting both gamma and beta radiation, and releasing enough radiation to the point that it is a lot more than negligible background radiation but a lot less than other isotopes which would kill you much faster.

• Hugs
Reactions: Tobacco
tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
no, i suffer enough as it is with my mental and physical disabilities. cancer is an even slower and painful process added to that and can take years to kill you.

it would be easier to just get a gun at that point. why add more suffering to my already miserable existence? i guess if it's to punish myself for my sins, then maybe.

Euthanza

Euthanza

Self Righteous Suicide
Jun 9, 2022
It's not peaceful or painless enough

JezebelDuLioncourt

JezebelDuLioncourt

Feb 23, 2024
Yes, I'd push that button with no hesitation.

Given my cancer history, I'd progressed to Stage IV within six months. I'd forego treatment, of course, to which the oncologist would give me a prognosis of six months to live. I'd feel no pain just like before (only the treatments were painful). I'd qualify for MAID, which I'd promptly take advantage of. I'd be over the rainbow bridge within one year. Amen.

• Hugs
Ociv

Ociv

Older On The Inside
Mar 29, 2024
yes, I would do it. The only thing keeping me from CTb righ tnow is the heartache I would cause my family knowing I killed myself. Getting cancer and dying "accidentally" like that would be exactly the way out I would need. nobody would feel responsible for my death, and though it woudl be painful, they would have a much easier time moving on in the end.

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
No, cancer is painful and slow. Instinctively I would seek treatment.

arthurkuzechov

arthurkuzechov

Student
Mar 15, 2024
I think, I would smash that button, and if there any doctor said that I have to live about 3 months so I would be very happy.

W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I have had cancer, and for me it is an absolutely a huge NO NEVER.

Walter

wastingpotential

wastingpotential

drowning, always.
Feb 8, 2023
I normally don't judge anybody on here but what a stupid question this is..
i never had cancer but just from general knowledge anybody should have of it, it sounds god awful. i hope to never know of anyone who would genuinely want it

N

nner

Jul 13, 2023
Yes. It would be best to having my family suffer a bit less, and I'm suffering anyway, so...

Otaku

Otaku

Student
Mar 2, 2024
Say there was a magical button you could press that would induce an aggressive form of cancer. Would you press it? Why or why not?

The button would only induce cancer in an early stage, and would progress to a terminal condition given time and if left untreated. Assume that you would still be able to CTB using a preferred method if you wouldn't want to ride out the full gauntlet of terminal illness to the very end. You would also have the option of treating it at a later date, should you change your mind, though there's no magical "undo cancer" button and you'd be reliant on modern medicine.
No!

Do you have any idea how much pain and suffering it can give you?
I have seen multiple family members dying from cancer on their dead bed.
Their organs were failing, one were delirious, it was horrifying to watch.
So absolutely no. It's a horrible decease, and no pain killers can take it.
The best they can do, it put you in a coma if you are feeling like shit.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Elementalist
Nov 13, 2021
No!

Do you have any idea how much pain and suffering it can give you?
I have seen multiple family members dying from cancer on their dead bed.
Their organs were failing, one were delirious, it was horrifying to watch.
So absolutely no. It's a horrible decease, and no pain killers can take it.
The best they can do, it put you in a coma if you are feeling like shit.
Exactly what I think. A family member didn't even recognize their own home the day they "passed". That is in quotes because they were revived but very brain damaged and on life support. I wouldn't want that, nor would I wish it on my word enemy.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere and Otaku
M

mtoro998

Experienced
Feb 29, 2024
It will not be as painless as sn or hanging so no. It would probably be slow, agonizing, and take years to die.

• Hugs
Reactions: whywere
FullCircle

FullCircle

Nov 20, 2018
No. I watched both of my parents die from cancer. My mom when I was 17, my dad at 22. My mom did the treatments, my dad didn't. I don't want that.

• Aww..
Reactions: Tobacco and whywere
lovelydeath

lovelydeath

Dec 5, 2022
I keep thinking i already have cancer. its a comforting thought now but i can see that it would be hell once it gets closer if i do have it

• Hugs
yearsoflonliness

yearsoflonliness

Apr 4, 2024
Absolutely not. It would just amplify the problems in my life. The one family member I have left that can remotely be bothered to care about me would have to take on debt for me, which I really want to avoid. I don't have health insurance. And chances are that cancer is going to really suck right up to actually dying. So no thanks.

Although I guess it could help others come to accept my inevitable death, I don't think it's worth the tradeoffs.

Tobacco

Tobacco

Efilist. Possible promortalist.
Jan 14, 2023
This time around in this thread I can notice more people leaning towards "no, because it would be slow and painful." I already feel like I want to die instantly whenever I get a serious stomach ache so probably I should be more inclined to say no to cancer.

The thing is, I understand why OP would come up with an thought experiment like this. If you get a terminal disease, no one would blame you for your own death or blame themselves, which sounds very appealing to me. If I didn't kill myself in my first depressive episode, it was because ultimately I thought of my family. So yeah, I feel pretty much trapped.

Saturn_

Saturn_

I shut my eyes and all the world drops dead.
Apr 22, 2024
Absolutely not, sounds painful and terrifying. It'd probably take months or years for it all to be over. If I am to commit an act of violence against myself in hopes of dying, it better come near instantaneously. That's why I bought SN.

Throwawayacc3

Throwawayacc3

Freedom
Mar 4, 2024
I normally don't judge anybody on here but what a stupid question this is..
i never had cancer but just from general knowledge anybody should have of it, it sounds god awful. i hope to never know of anyone who would genuinely want it
If you'd had cancer and explained it (I did here and in detail on another thread) then this thread wouldn't be made. You are right - it's fucking stupid. Maybe make a thread called "I'm going to cut myself with a butter knife until death" it's beyond moronic.
I still get nerve issues to this day and I've given up on trying with doctors (surgery was about 15ish years ago).

People saying "yeah I wish I did to end me" it doesn't work like that you ignorant and unintelligent imbeciles - there are 1000s of cancers and they all do different things. It's like the autism aspect. Oh so your either Down syndrome or rain man.

Sorry I'm pretty pissed off today. I fucking hate everything and just reading this stuff is fuckikg annoying.

• Hugs
Reactions: wastingpotential