• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

Push the button?

• Lemme smash

Votes: 39 33.1%
  • Maybe later/as a plan B

Votes: 24 20.3%
  • Nah fam

Votes: 55 46.6%

• Total voters
LOVELYDARKDEEP

LOVELYDARKDEEP

will you gnaw off your own leg to escape the trap?
Mar 20, 2024
Say there was a magical button you could press that would induce an aggressive form of cancer. Would you press it? Why or why not?

The button would only induce cancer in an early stage, and would progress to a terminal condition given time and if left untreated. Assume that you would still be able to CTB using a preferred method if you wouldn't want to ride out the full gauntlet of terminal illness to the very end. You would also have the option of treating it at a later date, should you change your mind, though there's no magical "undo cancer" button and you'd be reliant on modern medicine.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
How would it work? How quickly would I die? Also, would I be forced to live longer by healthcare wanting to make me live for as long as possible? I feel like, if I were to get cancer, my parents would just force me to take cancer treatment regardless and I can't really say no to them as saying no to asian parents is never good

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
The treatments for cancer would probably just make me want to CTB more with how uncomfortable they seem so no thanks.
What if you let it go untreated? Then that's a one-way ticket to death

Last edited:
MyChoiceAlone

MyChoiceAlone

sleep deprived and/or drunk
Jul 23, 2023
my ex's mom had cancer. she put up a strong front but you could tell just how miserable and in pain she was. don't think i want to go through that. am in so much pain and discomfort as is. no, i wouldn't push. it could take months even years. a buddy of mine lost both his parents in a week. that was a complete surprise.

LunarLight

LunarLight

i'm a loser, a failure
Apr 3, 2024
My mother died of lung cancer. She was on excruciating pain for one year and a half. That's definitely not a peaceful death.
BUT
I wanna die so bad I could consider it as an option if no other option was available. Especially if I could go to Belgium. I heard they can help foreigners to have a peaceful death if and only if they have less than six months left to live, as terminal patients.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
What if you let it go untreated?
I don't have the luxury of living all by myself so my mom would inevitably force me to get treated anyway. Either way it sounds painful.

My plan Z for if all my suicide methods fail is to let my type 2 diabetes take the wheel and go untreated though that doesn't have a high chance of necessarily being fatal.

melancholymallory03

melancholymallory03

Do cats live nine lives ? Or do humans ⏰
Feb 20, 2024
Nah fam because this sounds debilitating and I couldn't take all the laser focus on me. Also you'd be in a weakened state which dosent preserve your dignity. I just feel like cancers one of those things that some people misfortunately have. Some people smoke forever and never get it and some never touched a smoke and get lung cancer. Seems like an experience most people would trade for our health. Even though our mental states are very heavy. I don't think it's the same ball park at all I can get the appeal and sympathize with bug chasers , or anyone who wants to go this way. But it sounds super painful and without dignity. And what if your family was constantly putting thoughts in your head like why ? Or please hang out. Or worse , they left you on life support and just let you become a vegetable. Cancer is a beast. I wouldn't wish on anyone or myself. Cancer is not something we can give ourselves and those who sadly just have it , there's some unluckiness involved. This is an interesting question. I've had thoughts about cutting of a hand intrusively of something but never cancer. I wonder how many people wish for cancer?0:
My mother died of lung cancer. She was on excruciating pain for one year and a half. That's definitely not a peaceful death.
BUT
I wanna die so bad I could consider it as an option if no other option was available. Especially if I could go to Belgium. I heard they can help foreigners to have a peaceful death if and only if they have less than six months left to live, as terminal patients.
rest in peace. 🪦 🧡

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I don't have the luxury of living all by myself so my mom would inevitably force me to get treated anyway. Either way it sounds painful.
Same. My mom would probably force me to get it treated too. Cancer seems like a slow, drawn out death with a lot of suffering. I'd rather be euthanized. I want it to be guaranteed, quick and painless

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
How would it work? How quickly would I die? Also, would I be forced to live longer by healthcare wanting to make me live for as long as possible? I feel like, if I were to get cancer, my parents would just force me to take cancer treatment regardless and I can't really say no to them as saying no to asian parents is never good
Asian parents are the worst. They basically threaten and manipulate you into agreeing and doing what they say. They give you no other options. You don't even get the right to disagree or say no. I hate how my mom gives me ultimatums. She loves to give me blank cheques where I have to do what she says otherwise something bad/worse will happen. Agreeing is the lesser of two evils.

Last edited:
sancta-simplicitas

sancta-simplicitas

Dec 14, 2023
Since I've seen someone passing away to cancer, my first instinct would be "no way". But then I remembered when I was at an an x-ray clinic for suspected cancer a couple of years ago. After I had done the x-ray I immediately got called in for an ultrasound and after about 10 minutes of being examined the doctor said "there is nothing here that has got anything to do with cancer". My first reaction was disappointment. I remember that feeling more than anything else of the appointment.

1MiserableGuy

Experienced
Dec 30, 2023
You don't have any clue what you've just asked. Cancer is a tragedy and not a ctb method and definitely not a thing to take as trivially as a questionaire. It is a long, drawn out way to die that is not only not pleasant for the patient, it's not pleasant for anyone close to them or anyone involved in treating them. Everyone forgets everything about you and your life and your cancer becomes your entire identity. Things as horrible as cancer are the reason people like me people want to ctb. I would not wish my cancer onto my worst enemy, that is how bad it is. Please be mindful before spouting uneducated drivel like this ever again.

T

TiredOfAllThis

Arcanist
Feb 5, 2024
Some incurable turbo version - most likely. Would likely CTB.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Sounds horrible and torturous honestly. I personally don't want to suffer in any way, I only wish for the eternal absence of all suffering, only permanently ceasing to exist appeals to me. But if it meant that I could be euthanised then yes, I certainly would.

P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
No!

Cancer can mean so much suffering ... no thanks that's not a dignified method to die ...

O

orange-waffle

Sep 22, 2023
yeah , because ctb is more painful for my mum to go through

Reactions: Tobacco
U

UKscotty

Doesn't read PMs
May 20, 2021
Who would want to die like that unless they were really messed up in the head.

xmissellax

xmissellax

Need My Peace
Feb 25, 2024
Ummm dude, fear of cancer / prolonged suffering with age is one of my main reasons for CTB'ing !! I watched my father die slowly and tortuously over 2 years in pain from lung cancer 12 years ago. My mum get repeated infections from lymphoma cancer just this year. My gran wither away over 2 years from bowel cancer. Cancer is NOT pretty and it is prolonged suffering and pain no one should go through that.

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
If I was terminal and had 6 months or less to live then I go qualify for euthanasia. I've already had to deal with a bad stroke bring it on

sash

sash

f/uk seeking partner to vanish with
Oct 1, 2023
Yes, when I had people long ago & I was down cos of pain, neverending, unfixable worsening pain, they couldnt understand why I didnt want to live for many more years.
If I'd had cancer they said, they would understand why someone ctbs cos of the suffering.
Im suffering, but its just pain.... Lifelong, awful so awful at times, otherwise just bad.
Not to mention the overwhelming soul breaking depression.

Cancer is an accepted reason to bucket list & die in peace early surrounded by accepting ppl.

Pain aint..

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
Yes, when I had people long ago & I was down cos of pain, neverending, unfixable worsening pain, they couldnt understand why I didnt want to live for many more years.
If I'd had cancer they said, they would understand why someone ctbs cos of the suffering.
Im suffering, but its just pain.... Lifelong, awful so awful at times, otherwise just bad.
Not to mention the overwhelming soul breaking depression.

Cancer is an accepted reason to bucket list & die in peace early surrounded by accepting ppl.

Pain aint..
People assume cancer is the worst possible thing to have they don't think about chronic pain or mental illness

B

brokeandbroken

Warlock
Apr 18, 2023
Say there was a magical button you could press that would induce an aggressive form of cancer. Would you press it? Why or why not?

The button would only induce cancer in an early stage, and would progress to a terminal condition given time and if left untreated. Assume that you would still be able to CTB using a preferred method if you wouldn't want to ride out the full gauntlet of terminal illness to the very end. You would also have the option of treating it at a later date, should you change your mind, though there's no magical "undo cancer" button and you'd be reliant on modern medicine.
Yes but with caveat which would be it means someone out there wouldn't get cancer. However, this changes the question because it would give my life meaning something I am utterly devoid of right. This would be, not what is meant by the question however, so no.