bambie200

bambie200

Feb 15, 2024
For me it's got to be like 12,000 years ago in America. I wanna see a wooly mammoth hahaha

• Yay!
Reactions: Homo erectus, TheSoulless, Forever Sleep and 1 other person
Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
Before the microsoft, apple & google boom.

Reactions: bambie200
hikikomorizombie

hikikomorizombie

Ouch
Jan 15, 2024
switzerland, sososo picturesque & perfect, & i've always heard the ppl are so nice. would wanna live out my life there, so 21 years ago🧸

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus and bambie200
empty sighs

empty sighs

deserves to die “しがみつくな”
Feb 14, 2022
79 AD right before the destruction of Pompeii.

Reactions: Homo erectus, sserafim and bambie200
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
I hate being human so I wouldn't want to be a person at any point in human history. Instead, I would rather be a well-loved and well-fed housecat (still in the 21st century). That's the ultimate win at life imo. Being a (solitary) apex predator sounds pretty cool too (tiger, etc).

• Hugs
Reactions: Homo erectus, TheSoulless and bambie200
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
I hate being human so I wouldn't want to be a person at any point in human history.
I gotta say this as well, at this point. I have no interest in being human now or at any time in history.

Being a (solitary) apex predator sounds pretty cool too (tiger, etc).
This would be OK, except for the part of having to... well, umm... eat... things...

I'll go with a rhinoceros instead. Those solitary apex predators are going to have to socialize and bring some friends if they want to make a meal out of me.

• Yay!
Reactions: Homo erectus, Forever Sleep and sserafim
bambie200

bambie200

Feb 15, 2024
This would be OK, except for the part of having to... well, umm... eat... things...
Be a black bear and eat blueberries and Saskatoon berries all day!! And then sleep all winter haha being a bear would rock
Before the microsoft, apple & google boom.
Would you want to be born before so you could invest in them right off the start and make bank? Or do you not want to be alive at the same time as them at all?

Reactions: sserafim
-Link-

-Link-

Deep Breaths
Aug 25, 2018
Be a black bear and eat blueberries and Saskatoon berries all day!! And then sleep all winter haha being a bear would rock
I'll stick with the rhinoceros.

You can be the black bear, I'll be the rhino, we'll go to 12,000 BC, find a wooly mammoth, and we'll all hang out together eating blueberries.

• Love
Reactions: sserafim and Forever Sleep
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
Iceland, Norway or Switzerland are nice places to be born into.
Also North America during the Boomer time was relatively easy.

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm too addicted to modern conveniences. Put me in the future where all the problems of today are exaggerated further but hey at least there'll be some good content to consume.

Bianka

Bianka

No longer human
Jan 16, 2024
Definitely ancient Greece. I wanna talk to Plato Aristotle and Sophokles (yes I know I would have to live an irracionally long life for this to happen)

Last edited:
bambie200

bambie200

Feb 15, 2024
Iceland, Norway or Switzerland are nice places to be born into.
Also North America during the Boomer time was relatively easy.
So true baby boomers are the most spoiled generation alive😭 id want to be a man born in 1950 bc then I could actually own property in my lifetime
Definitely ancient Greece. I wanna talk to Plato Aristotle and Sophokles (yes I know I would have to live an irracionally long life for this to happen)
That's awesome !! If I could I'd like to meet Diogenes, I think he had things figured out Lol

Last edited:
Reactions: Homo erectus
TheSoulless

TheSoulless

I'd like to fly but my wings have been so denied
Jan 7, 2020
I hate being human so I wouldn't want to be a person at any point in human history. Instead, I would rather be a well-loved and well-fed housecat (still in the 21st century). That's the ultimate win at life imo. Being a (solitary) apex predator sounds pretty cool too (tiger, etc).
Same, being human sucks. I would like to be a bird.

Reactions: sserafim and Homo erectus
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
Here and now. "When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you're given a front row seat."
- George Carlin

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Here and now. "When you're born into this world, you're given a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you're given a front row seat."
- George Carlin
America is basically bread and circuses

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Are you referring to the Fall of Rome?
No, I don't think so? ""Bread and circuses" (or bread and games; from Latin: panem et circenses) is a metonymic phrase referring to superficial appeasement. It is attributed to Juvenal (Satires, Satire X), a Roman poet active in the late first and early second century AD, and is used commonly in cultural, particularly political, contexts.
In a political context, the phrase means to generate public approval, not by excellence in public service or public policy, but by diversion, distraction, or by satisfying the most immediate or base requirements of a populace,[1] by offering a palliative: for example food (bread) or entertainment (circuses).
Juvenal originally used it to decry the "selfishness" of common people and their neglect of wider concerns.[2][3][4] The phrase implies a population's erosion or ignorance of civic duty as a priority.[5]"

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkRange55
DarkRange55

DarkRange55

Enlightened
Oct 15, 2023
No. ""Bread and circuses" (or bread and games; from Latin: panem et circenses) is a metonymic phrase referring to superficial appeasement. It is attributed to Juvenal (Satires, Satire X), a Roman poet active in the late first and early second century AD, and is used commonly in cultural, particularly political, contexts.
In a political context, the phrase means to generate public approval, not by excellence in public service or public policy, but by diversion, distraction, or by satisfying the most immediate or base requirements of a populace,[1] by offering a palliative: for example food (bread) or entertainment (circuses).
Juvenal originally used it to decry the "selfishness" of common people and their neglect of wider concerns.[2][3][4] The phrase implies a population's erosion or ignorance of civic duty as a priority.[5]"

That sounds like most of history.
Sounds like most of human history:
"The purpose of politics is narrative, which functions to unify and mask, not to actually express the values of said narrative?"
The purpose of politics is to obtain or maintain power.

"Democracy and therefore voting is a farce, but that's no different from any other "System" since behind it sits power)? "
It's no different from other systems in that behind it since power, but it is different from other systems in how that power is controlled.

Good or evil depends upon a perspective. Humans consider antibiotics to be good, but many bacteria would disagree.

Power is the ability to make things happen, whether for good or for evil or for neither (a volcano has lots of power but it is neither good nor evil)

Green Destiny

Green Destiny

Life isn't worth the trouble.
Nov 16, 2019
Off the top of my head i'd love to be in New York City during the Gilded Age Roaring twenties. Swing Music, Speak Easies to hide from Prohibition and Automobiles were just becoming widespread throughout the country. Sounds like a fun time to be alive despite the great depression.

Last edited:
Reactions: bambie200 and DarkRange55