• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Inspired by the saying: 'Never judge someone till you have walked a mile in their shoes.'

Who- if anyone would you like to experience life from your perspective- and for how long?!!

Would you want someone who has wronged you to see the damage they did? Would you want therapists and mental healthcare providers to know what it's like to be you? Would you want some of the more vocal pro-lifers out there to get a taste? Or maybe all pro-lifers? Maybe you're super nice and wouldn't want to inflict your life experience on anyone!

Sometimes I wonder though- if people would change their attitudes if they actually experienced what it's like to feel like this (and I would say I don't even have it that bad comparatively.)

An otherwise relentlessly optimistic and positive friend of mine suffered depression as a side effect to a medication they were prescribed. They said it made them far more sympathetic to people with depression- whereas before, they didn't have much time for it.

How about you though? If it were possible- who would you give that experience to? For me- I think perhaps therapists etc. People who are supposed to help. I think it would be the most useful if they got a taste of how their patients experienced life. I suppose some do know already- they can't all be happy! I wonder if that makes them more empathetic...

catowice

catowice

I'm not from katowice!
Jun 17, 2022
No one really. If a forced "yes" then probably more likely the more ignorant the other person is.

To experience life in others' shoes is to gain life experience itself. I don't live the life of anyone else here, but I long for stories, and so I don't dare to judge anyone has much of an easier life than I did.

I want to experience life from everyone's perspective. It's sort of why I'm here in the first place.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Reddit mods and admins and management. They deserve to suffer until they change, and then some
I love your method of deciding HOW long to leave them with your life- till they agree to change.

• Love
Reactions: ksp and jodes2
Destiny Calls Me

Destiny Calls Me

Do I answer?
Nov 23, 2022
I wish I could make a movie from my pov and thoughts being narrated over it so everyone can see how I felt about things and what my thought process was behind it. It will allow everyone around me to see how much I truly used to care for them and how much I thought about them daily.

Empathy is scarce, you'll have better luck find a needle in a hay stack or winning the lottery.

• Hugs
Reactions: Forever Sleep
L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Inspired by the saying: 'Never judge someone till you have walked a mile in their shoes.'

Who- if anyone would you like to experience life from your perspective- and for how long?!!

Would you want someone who has wronged you to see the damage they did? Would you want therapists and mental healthcare providers to know what it's like to be you? Would you want some of the more vocal pro-lifers out there to get a taste? Or maybe all pro-lifers? Maybe you're super nice and wouldn't want to inflict your life experience on anyone!

Sometimes I wonder though- if people would change their attitudes if they actually experienced what it's like to feel like this (and I would say I don't even have it that bad comparatively.)

An otherwise relentlessly optimistic and positive friend of mine suffered depression as a side effect to a medication they were prescribed. They said it made them far more sympathetic to people with depression- whereas before, they didn't have much time for it.

How about you though? If it were possible- who would you give that experience to? For me- I think perhaps therapists etc. People who are supposed to help. I think it would be the most useful if they got a taste of how their patients experienced life. I suppose some do know already- they can't all be happy! I wonder if that makes them more empathetic...
Nobody, people who caused my life to way it is now and who abused me, had horribles lives too and so I understand why they did what they did to me and why they behave the way they do. They got enough problems as is and I don't hold a grudge towards them.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
That's GOT to be the best answer! 😆. Still- I guess if you believe in God the father, God the SON etc- perhaps he did experience life on earth... didn't end too well- he probably should have annhilated us then and there...

Reactions: Unending
WorthlessTrash

WorthlessTrash

Worthless
Apr 19, 2022
Attractive cis women who flaunt their sexuality and brag about their genes and biology. Let them see how it feels to be in an inferior body.

• Aww..
U

Unending

-
Nov 5, 2022
Hmmm.. I usually stick with the stance that I wouldn't wish this upon anybody, but I think I could make an exception if its for the greater good.

Are there any individuals who have a large weigh in the mental healthcare department? Suicide prevention department?
I could only imagine that if someone had a big part in either of these things, it could actually serve the purpose to be that lived experience one needs in order to understand empathy and such.

Hopefully it could shed some light past those "Mental health system doesn't need reform" and "Euthanasia/suicide is ALWAYS wrong" type of sentiments, but who knows.
Even if this lived experience changed one influential individual's opinion, it would be a long haul to changing the view of all of society.

• Love
StarlightDreamer

StarlightDreamer

Infinity Weaver
Aug 2, 2022
My damned bosses come to mind. How long? Long enough that they realize how bad I really have it.

• Hugs
Comfydant

Comfydant

Jan 24, 2023
i would say, "my abuser," but there's no way in hell she would ever understand what she did wrong, even if she experienced it herself, so... i guess my answer would be that i'd want my dad to understand what it's like to be trans, autistic, and have depression, C-PTSD, and (potential) BPD.

• Hugs
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
i would say, "my abuser," but there's no way in hell she would ever understand what she did wrong, even if she experienced it herself, so... i guess my answer would be that i'd want my dad to understand what it's like to be trans, autistic, and have depression, C-PTSD, and (potential) BPD.
I've had this thought exactly actually- abusers would likely just enjoy it more if they found out how much damage they caused- so long as it was for a brief period. I'm sorry you've been through so much. 🤗

• Hugs
Reactions: Comfydant
Source Energy

Source Energy

I want to be where people areN'T...
Jan 23, 2023
Reddit mods and admins and management. They deserve to suffer until they change, and then some
Ha! that's a good one! They closed 3 of my accounts for posts on suicide watch. I don't miss it, but I was on r/books too, and sometimes I read it and want to give a "like" and remember I can't...ghhhh!

To answer OP: to the bullies in my life. I wish them my pain, 100 times over!
Nobody, people who caused my life to way it is now and who abused me, had horribles lives too and so I understand why they did what they did to me and why they behave the way they do. They got enough problems as is and I don't hold a grudge towards them.
Omg. That's why they never change. They get the "poor them" mindset and green pass to transfer their sheet to others. No matter in how much of a dark place I am, I never treat anybody bad. Being pain is no excuse to destroy others and we should stop seeing it as if it were.

Last edited: