venua

venua

ven *
Jul 1, 2023
I've been thinking about this question a lot in recent times. I've had a lot of things go wrong recently, and this question just keeps popping up. I know I will never be able to, of course. Because it's not possible. But if I just had that chance to go back. Start over and do every single thing different. From the second I was able to make choices for myself, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Just being able to avoid every fucked up decision I've made throughout my life, I think it'd make me feel a lot "happier". Of course, I'd still suffer, as that's just what life is. But I guess that temporary fleeting feeling of it.. It'd make me feel something.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: dead_milky, Tulip<3, betternever2havbeen and 6 others
A

Anon7b8

Experienced
Aug 21, 2023
I understand the feeling. Just a certain point in time. Just this decision, make that turn instead of this. So yeah i also probably would.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: betternever2havbeen, enough of this, GettingOut and 1 other person
Ico

Ico

Jun 27, 2023
Recently diagnosed with ASD and ADHD at age 50, which explains the sensory hellscape that I assumed was "normal" for everyone. Also means that my diagnosis of "medication resistant depression" at age 16 was bullshit.

If I could restart with a different brain, I would do it in a second. With THIS one? No way.

• Love
Reactions: loopdaloop, betternever2havbeen, enough of this and 2 others
B

BornByGhosts

wants to overcome Sports Illustrated
Mar 3, 2023
yes i would swim much slower

Reactions: Black Sheep One
LonelyKitten

LonelyKitten

Seeking one final escape
Aug 13, 2023
Absolutely.
The worthwhile part of my life was a delicate, delicate balancing act - I just made too many mistakes at a certain point.
I'd love to go back to a salvageable point in it and walk that tightrope one more time, just slightly better, try to be more resilient.

In fact, I'm still secretly trying to do that.
Survival instinct be damned, I'm taking the last miracle shot I have at getting back my previous life.
Though I honestly just wanna CTB instead.
I'm tired. So tired...

• Love
Reactions: HighOctane, ocklepold, enough of this and 5 others
Black Rose Bunny

Black Rose Bunny

I’m having simpsons of mental illness
Jan 29, 2020
yeah of course, i don't think it'd end up changing much though, for me

• Love
Reactions: venua
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
No, I don't wish to experience existence under any circumstances, existence is just so futile, harmful and unappealing after all, I only desire the eternity of non-existence. Only a peaceful, eternal and dreamless sleep is desirable for me, there's no benefit to existing, it just leads to suffering.

• Love
Reactions: floralheaddress and venua
ceem

ceem

Aug 26, 2023
hmmm, well i've tried my best but life decided to go rough on me, so i don't think i'd take the chance. i'd most likely still be hopeless and unmotivated to live.

• Love
CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
probably no, unless I get to be reborn without mental health issues

• Love
Reactions: Sockeye Salmon and venua
toofargone6969

toofargone6969

Wandering
Apr 29, 2023
Yes, 100%.

• Love
Reactions: enough of this and venua
L

lebrodude

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2022
It's all I want.

• Love
D

DeadHead

Belief is the enemy of knowledge
Aug 20, 2023
No. And this time I intend avoiding the reincarnation trap.

• Love
Reactions: venua and StolenLife
B

Bluebunnysky

Jan 15, 2023
100%

• Love
StolenLife

StolenLife

Warlock
Sep 19, 2022
No. I don't want to go through that hell again.

• Love
AntHills

AntHills

Degenerate
Aug 31, 2022
Assuming I could restart with all of the knowledge that I have today, yes I would. Even with psychological disorders, it is possible to live a relatively normal life so long as you are in a good place, mentally and financially, when you enter adulthood. The biggest challenge that I think a lot of the people on this website (myself included) have struggled to overcome is growing up disabilities that are unrecognized, untreated, and ultimately exacerbated by their environment, and we don't have the power or the resources to do anything about it because the financial and emotional burdens that we have to carry only further accumulate over time.

• Love
SpeedingThroughLife

SpeedingThroughLife

May 4, 2023
Yes, I would like to restart my life with my current knowledge. It would make life way easier.

Reactions: enough of this
Boudika

Boudika

Trauma? Oh you mean reason why I'm hilarious
Aug 22, 2023
Yes. Although I faced many traumas in my childhood, I remember this period as the most peaceful. Let me be innocent and sane once again.

neonzebra

neonzebra

Sep 11, 2022
Sure, there are hundreds of things I would do differently and I'm curious how things would have turned out if I had made other decisions.
I wouldn't want to live through my childhood again though. I'd start from 17 or 18.

ohyouknow

ohyouknow

Jun 11, 2022
I don't know. So many of the things I would want to change are out of my control. Would I like to start life over with a different mother? Yes. I'm not happy about all the decisions I made, and doing things differently might have led to less pain, but it's hard to imagine making different choices under the same circumstances.

W

WaitingAllMyLife

Jul 4, 2022
1,000% yes. I know several crucial moments in my life where things took a wrong turn. My life would have been so different had I not made those decisions.

Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
I still don't think I was meant to be.

I have seen horror and beauty, felt love and terror - beaten, burned and was able to rise to back to my feet. But my heart - it feels broken since I became a target. I wasn't allowed to be. One life…it has been more than enough for me.

I cherish the moments of joy and laughter, even the homesickness for my sister as bittersweet as it is.

When I go, I know, I will be at peace.

• Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra, Larysa and enough of this
C

CTBtoday

Aug 28, 2023
Yes, I know where I messed up in life. I just didnt care about it and it slowly snowballed

FormerlyFe(IV)

FormerlyFe(IV)

Snapped.
Jun 27, 2023
I don't know. I haven't liked where I have been for the last 2 and so years at least.

I don't like a lot in the middle, but a lot of it was out of my control anyways.
I can't change my upbringing, I can't change my brain.
But that glimmer of light that was my one long-term relationship, I'd hate to miss.

If I could go back to 2020 and fix myself during the whole pandemic BS and not be this pathetic mess of a person I am, yeah.
If I could go back to 2017 and cherish and maybe fix the relationship and make it last, yeah.

But I gain nothing going back earlier. Just less managed autism, naiveté, and miserable home life.
I don't want to go through that again.

finalkarma

finalkarma

Aug 17, 2023
i would. its all i think about, i live my life stuck in the past regretting so many things ive done. my mistakes are the reason i want to ctb, so if i started my life over again i would be able to have an enjoyable life...

Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
I still don't think I was meant to be.

I have seen horror and beauty, felt love and terror - beaten, burned and was able to rise to back to my feet. But my heart - it feels broken since I became a target. I wasn't allowed to be. One life…it has been more than enough for me.

I cherish the moments of joy and laughter, even the homesickness for my sister as bittersweet as it is.

When I go, I know, I will be at peace.

You write so beautifully, Kerrtu. 💙

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Per Ardua Ad Astra and Kerrtu
Z

zoetrope

Aug 26, 2023
I've been thinking about this question a lot in recent times. I've had a lot of things go wrong recently, and this question just keeps popping up. I know I will never be able to, of course. Because it's not possible. But if I just had that chance to go back. Start over and do every single thing different. From the second I was able to make choices for myself, I'd take it in a heartbeat. Just being able to avoid every fucked up decision I've made throughout my life, I think it'd make me feel a lot "happier". Of course, I'd still suffer, as that's just what life is. But I guess that temporary fleeting feeling of it.. It'd make me feel something.
Personally no, all my decisions lead me to where i am, regardless of the fact I plan to ctb. I strongly believe i was never meant to be happy. no matter what decision i change it would most likely always stay the same. Mostly due to the fact every problem I seem to have stems from the fact that my parents never loved me. Cant really change that you know?

februaryangels

februaryangels

i’m miss world
Aug 30, 2023
i do not see a benefit if we're all bound to death at some point, especially when it's likely i'd suffer like this again

ringo99

ringo99

Arcanist
Apr 18, 2023
Nope. I'm done. Just atomize me and scatter me across the universe when I'm gone

• Hugs
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc, Sockeye Salmon and Kerrtu
Kerrtu

Kerrtu

Komeetta ♊︎
May 8, 2023
You write so beautifully, Kerrtu. 💙

Your presence has such warmth, thank you @Larysa 🫂

Before my mother changed, before things fell apart, she would read to me almost every night. I especially loved Eloise Wilkin's illustrations, and her book of poems helped me develop a world of my own, where I could retreat, be safe, feel calm.

IMG 3427

IMG 3428

In first grade, I won the young author's award - I told the story of a pig named Harry, who loved to swim and conquered his fear of heights on the high dive.

Title: The Pig That Swims 😂

IMG 3430

Not my handwriting on the cover the teacher put on it, and I wasn't exactly pleased by the duct tape binding but the color was blue, my favorite 🌌

I wish you could meet my boy, Oso. He was…he remains my world, wherever he is 🤍🐾

IMG 4747

My baby boy - he would love you ♡

If I was sad, he knew.

If I cried, or was about to cry, he would lick the tears away until I was laughing again.

IMG 8376

• Love
Reactions: ViniTerrible, ocklepold and Larysa
Larysa

Larysa

Student
Apr 11, 2023
Oh, Oso! 💙

I would love to read your whole story, @Kerrtu, have you written much down?

I adore children's books (used to work with kids). Look at you, little 🌟

ETA: "love" sounds wrong as I appreciate there must be a lot of trauma in your story. Can't find the right word rn…

Last edited: