• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nothing forever or rebirth

• nothing forever

Votes: 77 77.0%
  • rebirth

Votes: 23 23.0%

• Total voters
DizzyFolfy

DizzyFolfy

Gone~
Jul 9, 2022
The thought of nothingness somehow brings comfort to me. No more sadness or happiness, no more joy or worries, not existing, or even knowing what it is to exist.

Shar

Shar

Experienced
Nov 23, 2023
I would choose being erased any time. Why would I want to be reborn in this rotten world? ceasing to exist is absolute harmony. There is no rational justification for existing when i can choose nothingness.

Reactions: sserafim
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
I guess I'm just scared of nothingness...
Since nothing can exist in nothingness, and since conscious awareness is something, I doubt you'd be aware of anything, including being in nothingness. Even you wouldn't exist anymore.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I would choose rebirth. I guess i'm just a naive gambler. :haha:

It's the "forever" part in nothingness that scares me. Like, when in hell does forever end...

Presumably, forever never ends but you wouldn't be aware of it either. Personally, I find an afterlife that goes on forever- even in heaven more terrifying. What would anyone do with themselves forever?

I guess it depends on what you believe but, did you find the billions of years you weren't alive before your birth scary?

I know what you mean though. It's a weird concept to get your head around that we simply may not exist at all one day. I used to find it more upsetting when I thought about my dead family members being utterly gone but now, I envy them for that kind of peace.

I find it kind of endearing when people choose life. Are you an optimist mostly do you think?

sublime.goob

sublime.goob

Mar 18, 2024
As much as it sucks here I would like to come back as a mentally stable neuroscientist and help find ways to help those with mental illness
That's my same dream as well! Wishing I could make some contribution to mankind seems so satisfying and would be much more preferable than my shit life. So yeah rebirth sounds okay to me

tsumihoroboshi

tsumihoroboshi

Lost Impact
Oct 31, 2023
maybe my posts here would say otherwise, but i'd go with rebirth. if i have the knowledge i learned in the previous life in the new life, i'd know what mistakes not to make. how to be a better person.

if it's going in with no knowledge of previous life, i'd still choose rebirth. i'll gamble the chance that i could be reborn as a better person.

Smaragdine

Smaragdine

Mar 31, 2024
Rebirth in eastern religions is considered a curse and goal is to stop rebirth.
Is it? The vast majority of people believing in one of the eastern religions have children.

Last edited:
Dliena

Dliena

𝚂𝚂 𝙼𝚎𝚖𝚋𝚎𝚛 𝙽𝚘. 43,53?
Dec 22, 2023
I wouldn't completely mind rebirth so as long as it actually benefits my spiritual growth because being mentally incapable of being able to do most basic things the correct way and rotting away in my room prison all the time doesn't exactly sound like a healthy way to grow IMO. But I also wouldn't mind just sleeping forever too because is it really even worth all the effort in my next life to right the wrongs or do ANYTHING go thru all the pain/traumas a thousand threefolds more?!? When nothingness is the only thing that matters in end? NOTHINGNESS is the true reward? The true PEACE? The true SANITY even? I mean hey no more existential crisis anymore at least!

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
Under no circumstances would I ever wish for something so harmful, dreadful and undesirable as existence, this disgusting world could never be worth existing in to me, what I have a problem with is existence itself and I find it so tragic how such a thing as life even exists at all. Life is an abomination as it's the source of all suffering and I don't wish to suffer in any way, it's disturbing how there is no limit as to how much an existing being can be tortured in this evil world.

All I wish for is non-existence, I simply wish to be permanently unaware, being conscious and aware causes nothing but suffering, no matter what I'd see it as better that this existence disappears into nothingness, I find it beautiful to think of death erasing everything for me, there's so much beauty in an eternal, dreamless sleep.

sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
maybe my posts here would say otherwise, but i'd go with rebirth. if i have the knowledge i learned in the previous life in the new life, i'd know what mistakes not to make. how to be a better person.

if it's going in with no knowledge of previous life, i'd still choose rebirth. i'll gamble the chance that i could be reborn as a better person.
Everyone is memory wiped before their next life. You don't remember anything. The goal of the archons (according to prison planet theory believers) is to keep you stuck in the reincarnation cycle forever. You have some kind of goal that you came here to achieve during your life, but you don't even know what it is. If earth was really a school, you would know what you're here to achieve and why you came here, but instead these things are deliberately hidden from us
Is it? The vast majority of people believing in one of the eastern religions have children.
The goal of Buddhism is to achieve nirvana (enlightenment) and to be freed from the cycle of samsara (rebirth). I think that monks are usually celibate. The laypeople have children due to Confucianism

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: tsumihoroboshi
C

conflagration

Student
Jul 29, 2022
Buddhism is antinatalistic. Some quote of Buddha from Theravada sutta:
Just as, mendicants, even a tiny bit of fecal matter still stinks, so too I don't approve of even a tiny bit of continued existence, not even as long as a finger-snap
What believers of religion are doing not necessarily represents principles of religion.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Nothing forever. Permanent non existence is all I want

astonishedturnip

astonishedturnip

Like Christine Chubbuck, but sadder
Jan 16, 2024
Ideally an Evangelion-like singularity with my deceased loved ones. But between the two, I would take rebirth PROVIDED that I get to choose my next life. I'm being a hot rich skinny socialite in my next life, I don't want to blink out of existence without ever knowing what it's like to have it all.

Smaragdine

Smaragdine

Mar 31, 2024
Buddhism is antinatalistic. Some quote of Buddha from Theravada sutta:
Just as, mendicants, even a tiny bit of fecal matter still stinks, so too I don't approve of even a tiny bit of continued existence, not even as long as a finger-snap
What believers of religion are doing not necessarily represents principles of religion.
That is, as most religious or spiritual teachings, deliberately vague, so that everybody can read into what one wants to read into. The Buddha could have refereed to his own life. He didn't unmistakably condemned procreation. At least not in the records we have today. And if he had expressed a clear and unapologetic anti-natalistic view in his original teachings, how likely would it have been that a) this teachings would have caught traction with a significant amount of people outside monestaries and b) that this wouldn't have been altered over the millennia to suit the populace, who surely wouldn't give up his kink of procreation. And the Dalai Lama, a presumably holy person, is a incarnated child.
Either way, nobody knows if the Buddha was even a real historical figure, his teachings are intellectually inconsequent and absurd: Something assigns good karma or bad karma, bad at the same time there is no judgment or entity behind that process, which is blind, somewhat comparable to evolution. But strangely, it makes value judgements. And no explanation how the wheel of samsara came into being in the first place. So it's a mystery to me why people in the west take some luke warm milk toast opportunistic half truths like buddhism more seriously as the three batshit crazy abrahamic religions, when the teachings are only different flavors of absurdities.
Everyone is memory wiped before their next life. You don't remember anything. The goal of the archons (according to prison planet theory believers) is to keep you stuck in the reincarnation cycle forever. You have some kind of goal that you came here to achieve during your life, but you don't even know what it is. If earth was really a school, you would know what you're here to achieve and why you came here, but instead these things are deliberately hidden from us

The goal of Buddhism is to achieve nirvana (enlightenment) and to be freed from the cycle of samsara (rebirth). I think that monks are usually celibate. The laypeople have children due to Confucianism
But you do realize that buddhism and the soul trap hypothesis (or prison planet theory as you call it) are mutually exclusive perspectives?

Last edited:
Sunset Limited

Sunset Limited

I believe in Sunset Limited
Jul 29, 2019
"No. I dont. I told you this would upset you. I want the dead to be dead. Forever. And I want to be one of them. Except that of course you cant be one of them. You cant be one of the dead because what has no existence can have no community. No community. My heart warms just thinking about it. Silence. Blackness. Aloneness. Peace. And all of it only a heartbeat away."

- The Sunset Limited -

Malaria

Malaria

If I can't be my own, I'd feel better dead
Feb 24, 2024
I don't know how to answer this question because it depends on my mood. Sometimes I like the idea of being reincarnated as an animal or something, like a housecat with a loving home, but if reincarnation was real, that would be such a crap shoot, as others in this thread have said...

L

LaVieEnRose

Illuminated
Jul 23, 2022
Rebirth. Why not have a happy go of it?

crazy world

crazy world

Nov 8, 2023
I don't want to be reborn as a human, so nothing forever would be my choice.

If i could be reborn as an animal though, I might be interested.

whiteclaudia

whiteclaudia

cute + well adjusted
Mar 23, 2024
i wouldn't want to risk a second pass at being a lonely child. as will wood puts it, "i was nothing before (...) i'll be nothing again."

the lack of memory makes me assume its peaceful. being a part of nothing is being a part of something, in a way.

I

ihavenothingleft

Jul 30, 2023
I'd choose rebirth if I got to be more intelligent. I don't care about looks as much but I'd want to be hygienic I'd do my life again but make different choices
I'd choose rebirth if I got to be more intelligent. I don't care about looks as much but I'd want to be hygienic I'd do my life again but make different choices