• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

nothing forever or rebirth

• nothing forever

Votes: 77 77.0%
  • rebirth

Votes: 23 23.0%

• Total voters
Smaragdine

Smaragdine

Mar 31, 2024
I would question if the being offering that choice really has that power or is just bluffing. Such a rotten entity sure wouldn't have moral authority, even though people believing in "spirit guides" do seem to knee-jerkishly assume that - despite of what suffering such beings would preside over. Maybe because of that such a being would get away with bluffing 99% of the time. Or as one of the guys in the first Men in Black movie put it: "Damn, hat a gullible breed".

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

the darker the night, the brighter the stars
Sep 13, 2023
Going against the grain here but I'll go with rebirth.

After the shit I'm putting up with in this life the next is surely going to be an improvement 😂
Why do you think it will be an improvement?

Last edited:
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I mean, if it gets worse that would just be a hopeless situation to incarnate over and over again, no? So it must be similar or better.
I don't understand what you mean. According to prison planet theory, the archons want you to incarnate over and over again. The goal is to get you to reincarnate. That's how they get our loosh aka negative energy, which they feed upon to sustain themselves. According to Buddhism, you're forced to incarnate over and over again until you reach nirvana (enlightenment). The goal in Buddhism is to stop reincarnating and to be freed from the cycle of rebirth

Reactions: davidtorez
O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I don't understand what you mean. According to prison planet theory, the archons want you to incarnate over and over again. The goal is to get you to reincarnate. That's how they get our loosh aka negative energy, which they feed upon to sustain themselves. According to Buddhism, you're forced to incarnate over and over again until you reach nirvana (enlightenment). The goal in Buddhism is to stop reincarnating and be freed from the cycle of rebirth
Like I said before there's all different kinds of beliefs out there. In NDEs a lot of them describe a loving afterlife so yeah it's hard to ascertain. If it's loving, then we choose to incarnate, but if it's not then maybe that theory holds more water.

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Like I said before there's all different kinds of beliefs out there. In NDEs a lot of them describe a loving afterlife so yeah it's hard to ascertain. If it's loving, then we choose to incarnate, but if it's not then maybe that theory holds more water.
I heard that the archons love bomb you. Btw I think I had a dream about the afterlife before once. I died in my dream and presumably entered the spirit realm. After seeing my alleged spirit guide (this guy, I forgot what he looked like) and talking to him as well as this other woman who said that people from this world could touch her in the dream, I was told to go to this room where there were other souls and these people walked out from a door (one guy had shiny circle glasses that reflected the light). We were supposed to fight the monsters that were going to come out after them. We were all given tools, and I sensed a menacing and evil presence. I woke up before the monsters came out and before the fighting started though

Last edited:
Reactions: davidtorez
O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
I heard that the archons love bomb you. Btw I think I had a dream about the afterlife before once. I died in my dream and presumably entered the spirit realm. After seeing my alleged spirit guide (this guy, I forgot what he looked like) and talking to him as well as this other woman who said that people from this world could touch her in the dream, I was told to go to this room where there were other souls and these people walked out from a door (one guy had shiny circle glasses that reflected the light). We were supposed to fight the monsters that were going to come out after them. We were all given tools, and I sensed a menacing and evil presence. I woke up before the monsters came out and before the fighting started though
I'm not saying that's true or not true but if the goal is enlightenment, to have worse subsequent lives would be terribly inefficient and not productive to that goal.

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
I'm not saying that's true or not true but if the goal is enlightenment, to have worse subsequent lives would be terribly inefficient and not productive to that goal.
The circumstances of your rebirth depends on your karma. You don't have control over whether your subsequent lives are worse or not. Negative karma = worse rebirth, positive karma = better rebirth. Buddhists say that if you're an especially bad person during your lifetime, you'll be reincarnated into the animal realm

Last edited:
frustratedcivilian

frustratedcivilian

It Is About Nonsense
Apr 1, 2024
I'm sure none of our brains would be the same when choosing or we wouldn't have been here today, if thats a thing at all.

S

scottyy

Feb 17, 2024
I think I would choose rebirth hoping to have a better life. But idk. Theres alot of paradoxes that come to mind. And then buddhist beliefs about escaping this make sense.
Like the buddha himself didn't want his palace and easy life anymore, he sought out something greater than that, in a selfless manner.
My dumbass would probably seek out suffering one way or the other.
I think lives with more suffering would be more likely to lead to enlightenment than an easy one would.
But at the same time I see others with seemingly great lives and desire that for myself.
If I could just forget everything that happened to me that would be fine. But then some very respected people claim to have knowledge of trauma from previous lives.

• Informative
O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
The circumstances of your rebirth depends on your karma. You don't have control over whether your subsequent lives are worse or not. Negative karma = worse rebirth; positive karma = better rebirth. Buddhists say that if you're a bad person during your lifetime, you'll be reincarnated into the animal realm
Yeah I've heard that. I don't believe we even have true free will so that possibility adds another layer of complication to the discussion

sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Yeah I've heard that. I don't believe we even have true free will so that possibility adds another layer of complication to the discussion
Why don't you believe that we have free will?

Reactions: iloverachel
N

NeverGonnaEscape

Mar 23, 2024
Statisically speaking I think I'd be more likely to be born in a much worse position than I started off this life. But I'd also be likely not to suffer from depression. My life might be hard, but I could potentially get some joy out of it still. So it's a tough call, but the safe bet is probably just oblivion if I had to choose. There's no suffering if there's no being there to suffer.

Smaragdine

Smaragdine

Mar 31, 2024
Here is a guy actually describing a pre birth memory regarding the subject of having to come back and the choices and conditions he was offered:

• Informative
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Here is a guy actually describing a pre birth memory regarding the subject of having to come back and the choices and conditions he was offered:

I heard that you get to choose between several life setups. I'm curious about mine. I wish I could find out what other lives I could've lived

Last edited:
O

offbalance

Student
Dec 16, 2021
Why don't you believe that we have free will?
Because logically it doesn't make sense to me, whether our choices are acausal (aka not caused by us) or causal that doesn't leave room for true free will. So if determinism is true that adds another layer of what happens to us in the afterlife. Any praise or punishment would be unfair.

Last edited:
  • Informative