N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I currently read a biography about David Foster Wallace. The title is Every Love Story is a Ghost Story: A life of David Foster Wallace
I think they chose this title for the following reason. DFW was quite abusive in some instances. And many people on the internet worship him without questioning his personal life. I think this title is pretty good because it contains this discrepancy.

I think this is a difficult question for me. How my biography should be named. I assume it is published post mortem.

Good guy getting fucked but not in the good way
Desperation and torment: a misguided and wasted life
Every abuse story is a living nightmare: my fucked up life

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, outatime_85 and 2 others
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
Doomy Dummy.
Too blank, too dumb, wrapped in failure.
Gracelss Fairy.
AI: Artificial Idiocy.
Bloom Nobly, Die Pathetically.
Accident: for her, expectations are as unwanted as she is.
Empressless Bunny.
Purple Guilt.
Sealed Rose.

Actually this was more fun than I expected, thanks for coming up with the idea nameless fella.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴, outatime_85 and 1 other person
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
The best title for me would be pointless existence. There would be nothing of any interest to write about. My life is incredibly insignificant and I don't want to be remembered, I just want to be forgotten about.

• Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream and outatime_85
O

outatime_85

Warlock
May 17, 2022
Unwanted: A story about a kid who should have been aborted.

Beat Down: A Story About What Happens When One Does Not Fight Back

Latchkey: The Story of Someone Who Was Left to Fend for Themselves.

Lack: A Story about How Missing Out on Socialization Can Affect a Child

• Hugs
Reactions: rainbowbright, Lost in a Dream, 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and 3 others
lofticries

lofticries

obedear
Feb 27, 2021
"Don't read this shit."
"Burn this book."

Reactions: Hollowman, Un-, Suicidebydeath and 2 others
Cryptonite

Cryptonite

In the state of shock of what happened
Apr 30, 2022
"From Hell to Heaven and Back(pain)"

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: ManicPanic2018 and outatime_85
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
My life has already been extensively documented in comic book format, but a lot of it is pretty drab and the illustrations are horrible.

If I got a proper re-do, I'd title it: Badly Drawn Duck; A Life Of Misfortune. Hopefully that's emo enough for this thread.

• Yay!
Reactions: whatevs, lofticries and freedompass
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Great idea for a thread noname! I've always enjoyed thinking up titles. Let's see.

Shitshow: a misspent life
How to fuck up: an object lesson
Definition of insanity: my bipolar story
Am I still ill
Starting Over: a recovery story
When I'm gone
Was it worth it
Memoir of a misanthrope
Sound and Fury: an idiot's tale
Messed up
Taught to Fail
Screwed
An Epic Fail
Opting Out
The Laughter Factory
Shame on the Family
Disaffected
Beyond Saving
Past Praying For

Actually this is seriously inspiring me to write my story, for real!

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Lost in a Dream, outatime_85 and Ringo
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
The Laughter Factory: tales from the psych ward
Actually, that's a pretty good title for a dystopian novel. It reminded me about Aldous Huxley's book, Brave New World, because in some regions its title was adapted to "A Happy World".

Reactions: freedompass
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Actually, that's a pretty good title for a dystopian novel. It reminded me about Aldous Huxley's book, Brave New World, because in some regions its title was adapted to "A Happy World".
One of my favourite books. Supposed to be dystopian but actually sounds pretty cool to me!

Reactions: Ringo and whatevs
KQuotientW

KQuotientW

404: Reason to live not found
Jul 17, 2022
I have an unpolished autobiography that's been sitting in my laptop for many years.

A few years ago, a woman said to me, 'You're not famous, who'd want to read anything you've written', completely ignoring the fact I have worked in the domestic violence sector and wanted to share my story to effect change. Thankfully, her words didn't put me off. It's just that other things happened in my life and I didn't get around to finishing it. I use crutches to get around, so, in her mind, I wouldn't be capable of writing anything intelligent enough to warrant publication. Crutches are for my legs and don't power my brain. There's no dynamo attached to the crutches with cabling running to my skull.

I suppose I should just finish it. I've worked in community services, family (domestic) violence, and disability rights. My story was about what it's like for those with disabilities and how much we are more likely to not receive help or assistance. For example, police came to my home again last night because stalker (not an ex) has been up to no good again. Police minimised it down to nothing and did not help. Although, it is in part because of who my ex (former cop) is, as one reason police don't help - even when I have evidence and footage -, it's also because I have an obvious, mild physical disability. You're classed as imagining it. 🙄

Anyhoo, the other things in my autobiography are: my paternal grandparents were musicians; my maternal grandmother was an usher in the theatre where Anna Pavlova gave her last performance; I got kicked out of a high school for defending my friend who was aboriginal and had endured food being thrown at her, among a bunch of racial slurs - it was the 80s and someone reported me for egging the prick who did it to her; what it's like being an adult who stopped speaking to family because of deeply entrenched, generational domestic violence and having to do life on your own.

There's a bunch of stuff in my autobiography. I'll be long forgotten one day and no one will know who I am. I just wanted to change and improve things in this world. I don't think the police will ever stop being See You Next Tuesdays, though.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Camper, freevoid, Lost in a Dream and 2 others
N

Nigh

Experienced
Oct 12, 2020
2 steps forward, 3 steps back

• Aww..
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and outatime_85
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
Almost Made It: Learned How to Overcome the Abuse Too Late

• Hugs
Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴 and outatime_85
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I have an unpolished autobiography that's been sitting in my laptop for many years.

A few years ago, a woman said to me, 'You're not famous, who'd want to read anything you've written', completely ignoring the fact I have worked in the domestic violence sector and wanted to share my story to effect change. Thankfully, her words didn't put me off. It's just that other things happened in my life and I didn't get around to finishing it. I use crutches to get around, so, in her mind, I wouldn't be capable of writing anything intelligent enough to warrant publication. Crutches are for my legs and don't power my brain. There's no dynamo attached to the crutches with cabling running to my skull.

I suppose I should just finish it. I've worked in community services, family (domestic) violence, and disability rights. My story was about what it's like for those with disabilities and how much we are more likely to not receive help or assistance. For example, police came to my home again last night because stalker (not an ex) has been up to no good again. Police minimised it down to nothing and did not help. Although, it is in part because of who my ex (former cop) is, as one reason police don't help - even when I have evidence and footage -, it's also because I have an obvious, mild physical disability. You're classed as imagining it. 🙄

Anyhoo, the other things in my autobiography are: my paternal grandparents were musicians; my maternal grandmother was an usher in the theatre where Anna Pavlova gave her last performance; I got kicked out of a high school for defending my friend who was aboriginal and had endured food being thrown at her, among a bunch of racial slurs - it was the 80s and someone reported me for egging the prick who did it to her; what it's like being an adult who stopped speaking to family because of deeply entrenched, generational domestic violence and having to do life on your own.

There's a bunch of stuff in my autobiography. I'll be long forgotten one day and no one will know who I am. I just wanted to change and improve things in this world. I don't think the police will ever stop being See You Next Tuesdays, though.
Yeah I mean personally I don't really care too much about being published or who ends up reading it, I'm used to talking and writing to walls honestly, it's mostly for me to try and make sense of my life. Pretty sure at the very least I could get some insights during the writing process and that in turn could really change how I think about my life. I do like the Shakespeare quote about life being 'a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing'. The challenge of the writer is to create some order from the chaos and that is very appealing to me.

Regarding your stalker. I don't know about the rest of the world but here in the UK the police seem to have the attitude of not intervening or basically doing anything until 'he does something' ie hurts or possibly kills you or invades the home. Same applies to the social and mental/physical health services, they are always 'overstretched' and crisis led, I know this to my cost. I've never knowingly been stalked touch wood but I've witnessed other women in terrifying situations who receive a shockingly indifferent response from law enforcement.

Last edited:
Reactions: KQuotientW and Lost in a Dream
𖣴 nadia 𖣴

𖣴 nadia 𖣴

...member...
Dec 15, 2021
I'm fine (and other lies)
Stolen innocence
Take me with you when you go
Behind closed doors
Everything I never told you
Invisible bruises
Touch
Toxic magnetism
The moments that break us
The betrayal bond
Stolen tomorrows
Words we don't say
This is how I disappear

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ringo, freevoid, Lost in a Dream and 1 other person
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I'm fine (and other lies)
Stolen innocence
Take me with you when you go
Behind closed doors
Everything I never told you
No visible bruises
Touch
Faking normal
Toxic magnetism
The moments that break us
When violence is no stranger
The betrayal bond
Stolen tomorrows
Words we don't say
This is how I disappear
Is the last line a Radiohead reference? Great song that…

Reactions: 𖣴 nadia 𖣴
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
A ghost before death.

Reactions: Lost in a Dream
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Well I kind of feel like I COULD be a succesful-enough writer, so I'd write it myself.

I already have had a banger of a title in my mind since a few years, courtesy of Fernando Pessoa: 'Exilio entre arañas'. 'La ternura de lo nunca acontencido' is also a hard hitter. That man was very good (perhaps the best) in the close distance (poetry, epigrams) but the overall quality of his work wasn't up to my standards. This is something to be very aware of when you write, what you're actually good at and never try to produce what you suck at.

Fernando Pessoa was the equivalent of a suicidal person that never carries out the deed. Almost dead while alive, certain parts of his work are very poignant at explaining how a mentally ill, isolated man feels.

Last edited:
WhatPowerIs

WhatPowerIs

Paragon
Jun 19, 2022
I would like to leave behind just a note. No title more succinct than "As I Lay Dying" !

J

Julgran

Enlightened
Dec 15, 2021
I currently read a biography about David Foster Wallace. The title is Every Love Story is a Ghost Story: A life of David Foster Wallace
I think they chose this title for the following reason. DFW was quite abusive in some instances. And many people on the internet worship him without questioning his personal life. I think this title is pretty good because it contains this discrepancy.

I think this is a difficult question for me. How my biography should be named. I assume it is published post mortem.

Good guy getting fucked but not in the good way
Desperation and torment: a misguided and wasted life
Every abuse story is a living nightmare: my fucked up life

"Loser at life. Please do not copy" :happy:

freevoid

freevoid

Student
Jul 11, 2022
Nose above water: A chronic illness memoir
It's All in Your Head: A chronic illness memoir
But Have You Tried Meditation?: A chronic illness memoir
Life: The Biggest Pain in My Ass (literally)
Passed Out on the Bathroom Floor on a Tuesday Night, and other tales of chronic Illness

And for some harry potter inspired ones:

Garbage Genetics and the Kidney Stone
Garbage Genetics and the Chamber of a Thousand Symptoms
Garbage Genetics and the Prisoner of Biology
Garbage Genetics and the Goblet of Picoprep
Garbage Genetics and the Order of Medicare
Garbage Genetics and the Half-Believed Patient
Garbage Genetics and the Deathly SN

Eh, lost steam on the last one. Also Deathly Hallows fits.

Edit to Add:

Oh! Garbage Genetics and the Cursed Existence.

I've heard Cursed child is absolutely terrible, but the name sums up my predicament the most.

Reactions: freedompass
Ringo

Ringo

Rabbits on the Moon
Dec 3, 2020
One of my favourite books. Supposed to be dystopian but actually sounds pretty cool to me!
Fair enough hahaha. If I had to use that title outside of the dystopian realm, it would probably be in a pretty fucked up comedy like Discworld.

J

jandek

Down in a Mirror
Feb 19, 2022
Fernando Pessoa was the equivalent of a suicidal person that never carries out the deed. Almost dead while alive, certain parts of his work are very poignant at explaining how a mentally ill, isolated man feels.
Have you ever read Hermann Hesse's "Steppenwolf"? The main character of that book is very much a living "suicide." What you wrote about Pessoa reminded me of it.

Reactions: whatevs
whatevs

whatevs

Mining for copium in the weirdest places.
Jan 15, 2022
Have you ever read Hermann Hesse's "Steppenwolf"? The main character of that book is very much a living "suicide." What you wrote about Pessoa reminded me of it.
Yeah I've read it twice. With Osamu Dazai you get the Pessimism Trifecta.

Hesse represents more the esoterically inclined alien while Dazai the more narcissistic and psychological. I like Dazai the most.

All these people are like versions of me and of many in here.

Reactions: jandek
Made4TV

Made4TV

A hopeless hope junkie
Sep 17, 2018
Lucky because I enjoy sarcasm.