counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
I woke up today with a concerning thought. Well a while ago I tried partial hanging and what I can remember is having that rope around my neck while attached to a window frame. (Almost same method how Robin Williams died)

I can actually remember leaning forward, head pounding, felt really dizzy and then slowly lost consciousness. Not sure how long I was out for. But not that long or surely would of suffered brain damage.

Eventually I woke up in a massive shock with trying to undo then knot as it was almost stuck. A few days after I was abit clumsy with dropping things and that but now I wonder when I did pass out. I think to myself was it someone or something basically saying "you are not leaving yet, not allowed"

Might sound weird but I remember someone telling me that we all have a clock and when your time is up. Your time is up! Maybe everyones life is already made up. But we are just on replay or autoplay.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Potato_1, Forever Sleep, lostinmythoughts and 3 others
hellispink

hellispink

poisonous
May 26, 2022
I think this world can be a simulation like a game or something. Something can control us and be like you aint going anywhere keep sufferinf. Sounds crazy but viable honestly. I hope a god or those people who control don't exist . I truly wanna exit

• Love
Reactions: WeDontKnowTheFuture, hopeless08, moya117 and 5 others
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
I think this world can be a simulation like a game or something. Something can control us and be like you aint going anywhere keep sufferinf. Sounds crazy but viable honestly. I hope a god or those people who control don't exist . I truly wanna exit
I agree. I'm an atheist so don't belive in a god. But at the same time I do wonder if there are any other life forms out there in the galaxy or milky way as some call it. I mean surely it can't just be us as the earth only takes up like 0000000000000.1% of space so unless there is a parallel universe where people go when they die but continue living but never knowing they died cause life just continues but on another dimension. Ignore me if it sounds silly but I guess we are just like bacteria. Speading and multiplying day by day.

• Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: hellispink, Praestat_Mori and Adûnâi
Saberhagen

Saberhagen

Dec 15, 2023
I also think the same. We are trapped!

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: hellispink, Praestat_Mori and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
unless there is a parallel universe where people go when they die but continue living but never knowing they died cause life just continues but on another dimension.
Or quantum immortality. If the creator god exists, I wish to plunge Anglachel deep into his black heart.

Although imagine if we're in an ancestor simulation conducted by Nazi Germany, and the post-1945 world is just twisted Nazi propaganda? Would be hilarious. The post-1945 insanity clearly can't be true, no matter how stupid the anti-Hitlerian coalition might have gotten... (Apologies for the politics.)

Reactions: Praestat_Mori
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
Could be possible. Wouldn't surprise me

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
There is no god. A human is just a machine , a thinking learning machine.

The brain is composed of neural networks.

Chatgpt is also neural networks but different than those in the biological human brain

Imo ai will soon surpass the weak human ape brain

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: LeperGnome and Adûnâi
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
There is no god. A human is just a machine , a thinking learning machine.

The brain is composed of neural networks.
Yes. That is the model. But sometimes I wonder, how it got designed all by itself.
I agree. I'm an atheist so don't belive in a god. But at the same time I do wonder if there are any other life forms out there in the galaxy or milky way as some call it. I mean surely it can't just be us as the earth only takes up like 0000000000000.1% of space so unless there is a parallel universe where people go when they die but continue living but never knowing they died cause life just continues but on another dimension. Ignore me if it sounds silly but I guess we are just like bacteria. Speading and multiplying day by day.
Or there could be a multiverse where we are alive at the same time separated by space . Dying in one of them might disturb the sync and the system may not function properly anymore.

Last edited:
  • Love
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
Yes. That is the model. But sometimes I wonder, how it got designed all by itself.

Or there could be a multiverse where we are alive at the same time separated by space . Dying in one of them might disturb the sync and the system may not function properly anymore.
To me consciousness is not something to elevate worship and wonder how a thing came to be. consciousness is something horrific monstrous imo. Consciousness and sentience is the only thing in the universe that causes unbearable pain , extreme suffering, extreme torture. So why would something design that on purpose? And so many believing that 90 Years of suffering is not enough but that consciousness continues for trillions to the quadrillion years power and beyond and that it's also in multiverses etc . No I think it ends forever after death for that individual.

Evolution over millions of years designed the brain and consciousness.
It took ai tech a few decades and they are very close to matching the human brain: i'd say in at most 5 years ai will surpass the weak human ape brain

How did a bird and an insect become able to fly? evolution. But tech with the airplane figured out how to fly now starships to Mars are being tested. does a plane a starship a car , laptop , chatgpt have a soul ? No just machines like a cat or a human is.

Last edited:
  • Love
Aim

Aim

🤍
Sep 12, 2023
I can totally validate what your saying, but I think you should remember that god and the church is for the sinners! Christ died on the cross to try to heal people from their mistakes and their pain. Anyways, i wish you truly the best 🧡

Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
It took ai tech a few decades and they are very close to matching the human brain: i'd say in at most 5 years ai will surpass the weak human ape brain
To play devil's advocate, the eminent Aryan physicist Roger Penrose is trying to take my hope for AI waifus away, feel free to look into him.

• Yay!
Reactions: R_N
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I could never believe in such a thing as a God, I see it as a fictional concept invented by humans. I very strongly believe that once we lose consciousness, that is it for us, we simply cease existing and all is forgotten about. I see no deeper purpose or meaning behind existence, we are just conscious beings destined to decay and die.

• Love
Reactions: Passersby, Adûnâi, counting-out-time and 1 other person
D

doneforlife

Arcanist
Jul 18, 2023
To me consciousness is not something to elevate worship and wonder how a thing came to be. consciousness is something horrific monstrous imo. Consciousness and sentience is the only thing in the universe that causes unbearable pain , extreme suffering, extreme torture. So why would something design that on purpose? And so many believing that 90 Years of suffering is not enough but that consciousness continues for trillions to the quadrillion years power and beyond and that it's also in multiverses etc . No I think it ends forever after death for that individual.

Evolution over millions of years designed the brain and consciousness.

How did a bird and an insect become able to fly? evolution. But tech with the airplane figured out how to fly now starships to Mars are being tested. does a plane a starship a car , laptop , chatgpt have a soul ? No just machines like a cat or a human is.
True. I do agree that with sentience comes the potential to experience suffering. But many might disagree that it is a curse. People having good life have pleasurable experiences hence they value consciousness. I have always wondered if its good to be an amoeba , knowing nothing about how the world operates , live and die in the bliss of ignorance or is it good to be a human being. Afterall, humans are differentiated from all the other species by one and only one thing...the brain .
Evolution answers the "how" . How the machines learn? Via GBs, TBs of data and algorithms. But who put that in motion? It didn't happen all by itself. So that's where I am stuck. Evolution doesn't answer "who". Now some might argue , there is no need of a "who". Favorable conditions initiated it. But then I look at the world and find it hard to digest. Like all those amino acids got arranged in the double helix and decided the code for life all by itself??

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and counting-out-time
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
In the words of my homie the Hound, eff the king. I don't believe in fantasy human minds created but even a thought that some almighty being with all the shitty human qualities exist disgusts me.

• Love
B

baabbaabbaab

Student
Dec 12, 2023
Even if there was something else, a parallel universe, other living species, a big Creator : why would it care about ME among everything else ?

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and pthnrdnojvsc
counting-out-time

counting-out-time

Just “hanging around”
Oct 10, 2022
Thanks everyone. Some good posts here 👌 it's just other things don't add up. Like we had dinosaurs and then an ice age swept through and basically killed all living creatures and humans. So if that's the case. How come we are still here? Unless we evolved from aliens I have not got a clue

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: hellispink and Adûnâi
R_N

R_N

-Memento Mori-
Dec 3, 2019
Thanks everyone. Some good posts here 👌 it's just other things don't add up. Like we had dinosaurs and then an ice age swept through and basically killed all living creatures and humans. So if that's the case. How come we are still here? Unless we evolved from aliens I have not got a clue
There is a lot of things we will never know for sure, I for one take ancient history and what people say in general with a grain of salt. But filling the gaps with speculation and fantasy won't get us any closer to truth.

• Love
Reactions: Aim, counting-out-time and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I for one take ancient history and what people say in general with a grain of salt.
The coolest idea is about a hypothetical civilisation in the north of Europe which might have existed tens of thousands of years ago, but all traces of which were destroyed by glaciation. (It's utter nonsense and I don't believe it, but technically it might have happened.)

Reactions: R_N
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
The molecules of our body will eventually turn into dirt and get bagged up as fertilizer for Lowe's, so that some poor miserable schlub who is suffering through life to raise his useless family can fertilize his lawn with us.

• Love
Reactions: LeperGnome and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
The molecules of our body will eventually turn into dirt and get bagged up as fertilizer for Lowe's, so that some poor miserable schlub who is suffering through life to raise his useless family can fertilize his lawn with us.
On the bright side, "we" die every second. "We" never really existed as "ourselves". It's just our precious bodily fluids flowing.

• Wow
Reactions: hellispink
new2blue

new2blue

Student
Dec 11, 2023
The only part of existence that stumps me and allows me some measure of mysticism (being an atheist), is the beginning of matter and time itself. The human brain cannot deal in infinites, our intellect is capped by the reality we exist in. Cause and effect. Entropy. What came before the big bang? What came before that? Either existence always existed, or something created it. Both options seem impossible to believe.

There is something magical layered underneath reality. An impossible property that defies our imagining. Likely, when we die we simply cease to be, like a sleep that never ends and without dream. But, if there were something else, a second stage, i naively like to believe it will be beautiful. Such a thought I will carry with me in my final moments.

• Love
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
The only part of existence that stumps me and allows me some measure of mysticism (being an atheist), is the beginning of matter and time itself. The human brain cannot deal in infinites, our intellect is capped by the reality we exist in. Cause and effect. Entropy. What came before the big bang? What came before that? Either existence always existed, or something created it. Both options seem impossible to believe.

There is something magical layered underneath reality. An impossible property that defies our imagining. Likely, when we die we simply cease to be, like a sleep that never ends and without dream. But, if there were something else, a second stage, i naively like to believe it will be beautiful. Such a thought I will carry with me in my final moments.
I am as atheist and scientifict as they come, but I must agree that this is the one plot hole in atheist theory that cannot be and never will be explained. The beginning of time as welll as an explanation as to what is beyond the "infinite" confines of the outer boundaries of this entropic universe. The frustration of contemplating this and knowing there will never be an answer sometimes intensifies my desire to CTB. Never under any circumstance will I ever believe in god or any kind of afterlife, but it sucks to be perplexed by the origin and infiniteness of the space.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and new2blue
new2blue

new2blue

Student
Dec 11, 2023
I am as atheist and scientifict as they come, but I must agree that this is the one plot hole in atheist theory that cannot be and never will be explained. The beginning of time as welll as an explanation as to what is beyond the "infinite" confines of the outer boundaries of this entropic universe. The frustration of contemplating this and knowing there will never be an answer sometimes intensifies my desire to CTB. Never under any circumstance will I ever believe in god or any kind of afterlife, but it sucks to be perplexed by the origin and infiniteness of the space.
Yes, it is perplexing. I like science because it does not require belief. If all the scientific works and knowledge were to be suddenly zapped from the world, it would likely reappear much the same after a few hundred or thousand years. The same cannot be said for any religious text.

Instead of frustration, the knowledge that such answers will be forever obfuscated by our limited ability to probe the outer boundaries of the cosmos tends to fill me with a beautiful awe. Just as some infinities are larger than others (which seems to be mathematically true), how large is the one we are bubbled within?

I am not convinced there is anything after death, but sometimes I get close to believing there is some greater structure that is so beyond our understanding it may as well be considered God. Humans think of god as somethimg familiar. A man. A creature. Perhaps God is simply the greater structure. The ignition source of reality. It need not be an entity, but maybe more a mechanism for creation, one that can not be understood by science, for we can not probe that which exists outside our capacity to know of.

Sorry for ranting. XD

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi and MatrixPrisoner
Blurry_Buildings

Blurry_Buildings

Just Existing
Sep 27, 2023
Humanity can currently model and simulate a neuron and all of it's connections with other neurons in a computer.

If our humanity can ever complete a fully detailed connectome/brain map and simulate it perfectly like a real human, it would mean that the same could have been possible for other human civilizations, real or simulated. The odds of us living in a simulation would then be infinitely higher than the odds of us living in the real world, since there would likely only be one base reality from which an infinite amount of simulations could develop and create more simulations.

If we (and everything else) are simulated through some sort of "conventional" logic following computer that exists in another simulation or the base reality, then it is likely that we don't actually exist in the first place, but are just semi randomized instances within a bigger program.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: MatrixPrisoner and Adûnâi
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
The only part of existence that stumps me and allows me some measure of mysticism (being an atheist), is the beginning of matter and time itself. The human brain cannot deal in infinites, our intellect is capped by the reality we exist in. Cause and effect. Entropy.
Mathematics is a more appropriate alley to find infinities, I think, they deal with them all the time - with bigger and smaller infinities to boot.

I am as atheist and scientifict as they come, but I must agree that this is the one plot hole in atheist theory that cannot be and never will be explained. The beginning of time as welll as an explanation as to what is beyond the "infinite" confines of the outer boundaries of this entropic universe.
Really? Aren't all of those hard scientific questions? Why bring theism into the mix?

I'd say, qualia, our personal experience qualifies much more as a mystery.

I like science because it does not require belief.
[Offtopic] Scientific propaganda does, however. I mean, "spreading scientific knowledge in society" is indistinguishable from religious dogma. Science on its own seems to interest as few people as suicide or ancient history.

The ignition source of reality. It need not be an entity, but maybe more a mechanism for creation, one that can not be understood by science, for we can not probe that which exists outside our capacity to know of.
I'd like to smash it :)

The odds of us living in a simulation would then be infinitely higher than the odds of us living in the real world, since there would likely only be one base reality from which an infinite amount of simulations could develop and create more simulations.
I got familiar with this argument from Isaac Arthur's video. It's kind of a hilarious thought. Especially if one adds afterlife into the mix. I wouldn't really mind, I seem a fraud in hating existence as well... Especially if I don't have to shave and shit in "higher dimensions" lol

Although it feels sad if my current beloved régimes such as the Taliban or Juche Korea were simply a tiny facet of reality. It's like WoW post WotLK - when lands and races pale in significance to cosmic threats and philosophical questions. (Although it would be fine if Juche Korea represents on our plane the moral egregore that expands in multiple realities. And when North Koreans die, they become warriors in Valhalla fighting for Kim Il Sung on a spiritual plane or something lmao.)

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Humanity can currently model and simulate a neuron and all of it's connections with other neurons in a computer.

If our humanity can ever complete a fully detailed connectome/brain map and simulate it perfectly like a real human, it would mean that the same could have been possible for other human civilizations, real or simulated. The odds of us living in a simulation would then be infinitely higher than the odds of us living in the real world, since there would likely only be one base reality from which an infinite amount of simulations could develop and create more simulations.

If we (and everything else) are simulated through some sort of "conventional" logic following computer that exists in another simulation or the base reality, then it is likely that we don't actually exist in the first place, but are just semi randomized instances within a bigger program.
But who wrote the program?
Really? Aren't all of those hard scientific questions? Why bring theism into the mix?
Well, by mentioning my atheism, I'm actually trying to rule out theism. I don't believe in God, but it frustrates me that I cannot scientifically explain the non-existence of god.

Last edited:
  • Love
Adûnâi

Adûnâi

Little Russian in-cel
Apr 25, 2020
I cannot scientifically explain the non-existence of god.
Define god. Do you mean the Abrahamic one? Or the thunder one? Thunder does exist. Proving that Zeus doesn't exist is not a scientific endeavour.

Donald Hoffman has some ideas on the simulation hypothesis, and he compares the laws of physics to a VR headset or something.

Reactions: MatrixPrisoner
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Define god. Do you mean the Abrahamic one? Or the thunder one? Thunder does exist. Proving that Zeus doesn't exist is not a scientific endeavour.

Donald Hoffman has some ideas on the simulation hypothesis, and he compares the laws of physics to a VR headset or something.

I'm referring to the various versions of "the almighty" that so many different religions hail as the "creator".

• Love
Morte

Morte

Specialist
Nov 23, 2023
they are not that close, I would say they are not even scratching the line between humans and machines. Machines can learn, but intelligence goes beyond learning. For example, you could program your computer with an encyclopedia of knowledge, but that doesn't mean your computer is smarter than you. Our brain can learn and have subjective experiences based on said knowledge is something that machines are very far from achieving.
As long as machines do not have the capacity for subjective experience aka consciousness, they will not have the same autonomy as us, so they will not be equally intelligent enough to dethrone us. They still remained mere tools.

Reactions: AInilam