D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
If someone decided to bring us into the world knowing how much horrible stuff is going on then surely this has to be some sort of punishment. I'm not even talking about parents, I'm talking about this whatever makes humans conscious. If something like that decided to make us become truly aware of our suffering and suffer ourselves then that something has to be a cold and heartless being. I have no hope for an afterlife after this I just hope I can get my money back. Sorry. Unsubscribed.

Reactions: borderlinee, Immensevoid, SymphonysofAgony and 10 others
sserafim

sserafim

brighter than the sun, that’s just me
Sep 13, 2023
If someone decided to bring us into the world knowing how much horrible stuff is going on then surely this has to be some sort of punishment. I'm not even talking about parents, I'm talking about this whatever makes humans conscious. If something like that decided to make us become truly aware of our suffering and suffer ourselves then that something has to be a cold and heartless being. I have no hope for an afterlife after this I just hope I can get my money back. Sorry. Unsubscribed.
Honestly I think they brought us here as a cruel game or test, or even experiment. I think they want to see how much suffering and pain and adversity we can endure before we give up. This experience has been 0/10, I'm never coming back here. I'm unsubscribing out of existence and I'll never resubscribe

Reactions: Immensevoid, SymphonysofAgony and DreamEnd
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
They brought us here because they liked living and assumed their children would be the same. It's a tragedy it didn't turn out so.

Reactions: Immensevoid, HaHaSoLame, tera_forest and 3 others
SpiritualDeath

SpiritualDeath

I return to the raiding shadows of death.
Sep 9, 2023
I agree 100%. I personally don't believe in the existence of any kind of god/deity, but if such god really exists (and created life on earth), they must be beyond cruel and evil and certainly not the kind of god worth worshipping.

• Love
Reactions: SymphonysofAgony, conveniently_dead, tera_forest and 3 others
pthnrdnojvsc

pthnrdnojvsc

Extreme Pain is much worse than people know
Aug 12, 2019
There is no god. A human is just trillions of monstrous cells a brain that can suffer unbearable pain

Parents had us because they were brainwashed. If they had one thousandth of the knowledge I have of how pointless life is, how bad pain could be , how bad life could get there is no way they would have had children

Reactions: lwlaiet8887, conveniently_dead, Glandular and 4 others
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
There is no god. A human is just trillions of monstrous cells that can suffer unbearable pain

Parents had us because they were brainwashed. If they had one thousandth of the knowledge I have of how pointless life is, how bad pain could be , how bad life could get there is no way they would have had children
I agree. I blame societal expectations/norms and the biological drive to procreate. It's so annoying that I was forced into existence on this hellish planet. I wish that I could have had a choice whether to exist or not. I'm definitely sure that I did not consent beforehand…I was honestly just brought here to suffer, as I was cursed even before birth. Life isn't a gift for everyone
I agree 100%. I personally don't believe in the existence of any kind of god/deity, but if such god really exists (and created life on earth), they must be beyond cruel and evil and certainly not the kind of god worth worshipping.
Literally! I don't believe in god either but if he exists he must be delighting in our suffering. I imagine him as a nerdy gamer dude who programmed this simulation, and intentionally made the world a cruel place

Last edited:
Reactions: Bacon and Baseball and pthnrdnojvsc
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I just see existence itself as a horrific and tragic mistake with no deeper purpose or reason behind it, it's just an endless cycle of meaningless suffering and senseless cruelty. I wish people were compassionate enough not to procreate so that this human species can finally go extinct, if all humans were capable of rational thought by now this harmful species would have went extinct a long time ago.
It truly is such a repulsive thing to burden one with the ability to suffer endlessly in an existence that was completely unnecessary in the first place.

Reactions: Siderly
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
Our parents brought us into the world because it's what everyone does, because they cannot enjoy life anymore so they are doing it through our eyes, because they need someone to hold their hands at the end, we're like.. an investment. And we're suppose to be grateful.. Ignorant brainwashed idiots!

• Informative
Reactions: lwlaiet8887, pthnrdnojvsc, tieiwi and 1 other person
J

Jenny 1234

Sep 12, 2023
They brought us here because they liked living and assumed their children would be the same. It's a tragedy it didn't turn out so.
What I never understand is people that have a really awful life but still have children. Do they just want to inflict their problems onto someone else?

Reactions: Bacon and Baseball
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
@Jenny 1234 some people think that if you bring a child into the world then things will get better. Those people are in the "they cannot enjoy life anymore so they are doing it through our eyes" group.

edit: And naturally their problems become ours of course. : (

Ashu

Ashu

novelist, sanskritist, Canadian living in India
Nov 13, 2021
Sanity.

Reactions: Bacon and Baseball
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023
Our parents brought us into the world because it's what everyone does, because they cannot enjoy life anymore so they are doing it through our eyes, because they need someone to hold their hands at the end, we're like.. an investment. And we're suppose to be grateful.. Ignorant brainwashed idiots!
I hate the societal expectation and norm to have children

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
R

rainseahorse

Sep 9, 2023
i am grateful i wasn't born just last century or before that because of war and disease. i'd prefer to be born like 1000 years in the future though so technology and other societal advancements has made it easy to get basic necessities and cure many more ailments...

Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
everything came into being from nothing, the only thing that bought us into existance here is our parents so the blame is with them

Reactions: sadandlonely99
LaVieEnRose

LaVieEnRose

Angelic
Jul 23, 2022
What I never understand is people that have a really awful life but still have children. Do they just want to inflict their problems onto someone else?
They must still have found life worthwhile despite their challenges. We can't assume people with outwardly bad lives don't like living.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
B

Britney69

Sep 27, 2023
My mother said she had us because of some very strong biological urge. But she wouldn't if she knew what she knew now. Ie she found being a mother v stressful and she also knows I'm not grateful at all to be here.

I often say "if life is a gift, did you keep the receipt?" (so I can take it back!)

• Yay!
Reactions: sserafim and Blue Elephant
Jan1193

Jan1193

I want no limitations for my soul
Sep 18, 2023
Even when I feel to many suffering and hate for life and pain, I REFUSE to blame my mother for being here. She just had faith, she just wanted to love and being loved, she don't know what more to do in this f*ck1ng world. I love her with all my hearth, and I miss her every day. I really hope to see her one last time when I finally lost the fear of CBT, visit at ones who love me and then I accept to go at anywhere to I fuck to have to go, and dissapear.

I don't know what to believe or feel about God, I suposs that doesn't matter anyways. If God exist, She/he don't remember that I'm exist. If I want to blame anyone appart of myself, that would be my father. In the deepest, I hope he will suffer almost a bit when he see my body in a coffin, and think in all those years he abandon me

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Yeah- I agree. I'm hoping there isn't a God because- if there is one, I think we should all be extremely worried. I think- given the evidence of how this world is- it has been designed to reward ruthlessness and exploitation. There don't seem to be so many symbiotic relationships out there. I really hope it was all just a series of accidents. I don't see why it shouldn't be really. I expect our extreme sense of self awareness gave us an edge over other animals. I don't see why it couldn't have evolved- just the same as other traits.

Reactions: Lostandlooking
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
It's not a new idea that this is a punishment. People think it's a loving God so suffering must be punishment. In fact the Bible starts out with that story.

B

Bacon and Baseball

Sep 23, 2023
i am grateful i wasn't born just last century or before that because of war and disease. i'd prefer to be born like 1000 years in the future though so technology and other societal advancements has made it easy to get basic necessities and cure many more ailments...
errrrone healthy in 3023

Is0lated

Is0lated

2024/2025 Livestream
May 29, 2023
Frr

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
I hate the societal expectation and norm to have children
Me too! This is why my ex left me, because I refused to have a child with her. She is obsseded with the idea.

Don't be quick to think that life in the future will be better! Frank Herbert said that it's never a question of how many beings can an ecosystem sustain but in what kind of conditions will those beings live? And now think about how conditions are changing: how food is worse, how products are worse, how much people have to work now and in what conditions, how stupid and how evil and controlling they are, how the air is etc etc etc..

They must still have found life worthwhile despite their challenges. We can't assume people with outwardly bad lives don't like living.
And they found it so because they were stupid and allowed themselves to be indoctrinated. Like someone on this forums said at some point: people should not be allowed to procreated without a certificate which would attest to their intelligence. But then again this would defeat the purpose of children: which are cannon fodder for the system.

My mother said she had us because of some very strong biological urge. But she wouldn't if she knew what she knew now. Ie she found being a mother v stressful and she also knows I'm not grateful at all to be here.

I often say "if life is a gift, did you keep the receipt?" (so I can take it back!)
I want one of those receipts!! : )

Even when I feel to many suffering and hate for life and pain, I REFUSE to blame my mother for being here. She just had faith, she just wanted to love and being loved, she don't know what more to do in this f*ck1ng world. I love her with all my hearth, and I miss her every day. I really hope to see her one last time when I finally lost the fear of CBT, visit at ones who love me and then I accept to go at anywhere to I fuck to have to go, and dissapear.

I don't know what to believe or feel about God, I suposs that doesn't matter anyways. If God exist, She/he don't remember that I'm exist. If I want to blame anyone appart of myself, that would be my father. In the deepest, I hope he will suffer almost a bit when he see my body in a coffin, and think in all those years he abandon me
Your mother AND your father! It takes two. : ) But faith.. you see, this is the problem. They live using a system based on faith instead of using a system based on logic and udnerstanding. That's like throwing dice! You're having a child and you're throwing dice (hoping, having faith that they will get a good number) to see how their lives will be. Wow!! I'm stunned!

Reactions: MatthieuFrederickW and sserafim
Jan1193

Jan1193

I want no limitations for my soul
Sep 18, 2023
Your mother AND your father! It takes two. : ) But faith.. you see, this is the problem. They live using a system based on faith instead of using a system based on logic and udnerstanding. That's like throwing dice! You're having a child and you're throwing dice (hoping, having faith that they will get a good number) to see how their lives will be. Wow!! I'm stunned!
I said « I Refuse»; even if she did it by ignorance or fear, or whatever why she did it, specially for fear, or following a moral that she was obligated to follow in her old times because no where was options for womans in my country. I'm not going to blame and hate her just because I'm miserable by my own hand the most of time. That's the last I can do after all the love, companion, care and sacrifices that she did for me. That's my only true

• Love
Reactions: Blue Elephant
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
@Jan1193 You are a wonderful person!

Bu the way I never suggested that you should hate her. What your mum did and does seems similar to what my mum did and still does and I understand that there should be no hate. It is what it is.

lwlaiet8887

lwlaiet8887

Embodiment of failure/Doom poster/Compassionate
Sep 14, 2023
It's a matter of fact that unintelligent people have the most children. They don't think about the consequences of their decisions.

Reactions: Britney69
Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022
If we live in a deterministic world (which I'm convinced is really the case) and there was another world outside of this one in which we existed before we were born or died (and I don't know that, I guess I'm talking about the afterlife .And I also assume that this other world is not deterministic) I can tell you that the only ones responsible for being born would be ourselves.

//

Si vivim en un món determinista (del que n'estic convençut que és així realment) i hi hagués fora d'aquest un altre món en el qual existíssim abans de néixer o morir (i això no ho se, suposo que parlo del més enllà. I suposo també que aquest altre món no és determinista) us puc ben dir que els únics responsables d'haver nascut seriem nosaltres mateixos.

Reactions: Jan1193
Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
If we live in a deterministic world (which I'm convinced is really the case) and there was another world outside of this one in which we existed before we were born or died (and I don't know that, I guess I'm talking about the afterlife .And I also assume that this other world is not deterministic) I can tell you that the only ones responsible for being born would be ourselves.

//

Si vivim en un món determinista (del que n'estic convençut que és així realment) i hi hagués fora d'aquest un altre món en el qual existíssim abans de néixer o morir (i això no ho se, suposo que parlo del més enllà. I suposo també que aquest altre món no és determinista) us puc ben dir que els únics responsables d'haver nascut seriem nosaltres mateixos.
Wth are you on about? How is it my fault that I was born!? I can't birth myself. Please explain! : )

edit: Although if you're using assumptions then maybe I shouldn't have asked.

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

Sep 13, 2023

//

Wdym? Are you saying that we chose this existence?
Wth are you on about? How is it my fault that I was born!? I can't birth myself. Please explain! : )

Ikr! I'm most definitely sure that I did not consent to this existence or to being born

Dead Ghost

Dead Ghost

Mestre del Temps
May 6, 2022

Wdym? Are you saying that we chose this existence?

Ikr! I'm most definitely sure that I did not consent to this existence or to being born
I know that we live in a deterministic Universe, this is not an assumption, it is a fact.
Now, from here I do make assumptions about how it might all work, I've been trying to figure it out for a while now.

The fact is that if we live in a deterministic Universe, no person in this world is responsible for anything, not even their level of education, their illnesses,... if you don't have parents, if you have parents, who will be the his partner in the future (if he has a clear one, I've never had one), whether he will have children or not. This is so.

I find the whole thing so sad that I thought I'd find a meaning for it (spoofs and assumptions, nothing true) and one that occurred to me is this: Behind all this montage whose purpose we do not know, there is something ?, if there is something the purpose where does it come from?,...

So I came up with the positive assumption that we are beings who choose to live a life in this predetermined world only with the will to learn, because otherwise it would mean that we are merely means to someone else's end (like objects or tools).
And what would we like to learn? So emotions, situations, I guess to acquire experience to keep growing. That's why I think we choose that life that can provide us with this learning, that is to say we would have some shortcomings that we try to solve and we do this by exposing ourselves to experiences that help us strengthen these shortcomings based on the knowledge we get from living.

But I've said it before, the only thing I know for sure is that we live in a deterministic world, the rest of what I've written is just a way to find a positive meaning to it all... those who defend free will they do too, they want to believe they have the reins of their lives to give meaning to "their" efforts.

//

Sé que vivim en un Univers determinista, això no és pas una suposició, és un fet.
Ara bé, a partir d'aquí si que faig suposicions sobre com podría funcionar tot plegat, fa temps que ho intento esbrinar.

El cas es que si vivim en un Univers determinista, cap persona d'aquest món és responsable de res, ni del seu nivell d'estudis assolits, les seves malalties,... si no te progenitors, si te progenitors, qui serà la seva parella en un futur (si en té esclar, jo no n'he tingut pas mai), si tindrà fills o no. Això és així.

Ho trobo tan trist tot plegat que vaig pensar de trobar-li un sentit (cabòries i suposicions, rés del cert) i una que se'm va passar és aquesta: Darrera de tot aquest muntatge la finalitat del qual no coneixem, hi ha res?, si hi ha quelcom el propósit d'on surt?,...

Així que vaig idear la suposició positiva de que sóm uns éssers que trien viure una vida en aquest món predeterminat només amb la voluntat d'aprendre, perquè en cas contrari voldría dir que només sóm mers mitjans per assolir el propósit d'algú altre (com objectes o eines).
I que voldriem aprendre?, doncs emocions, situacions, suposo que adquirir experiéncia per seguir creixent. Per això crec que triem aquella vida que ens pot proporcionar aquest aprenenatge, és a dir tindriem unes mancances que tractem de resoldre i ho fem exposant-nos a vivéncies que ens ajudin a enfortir aquestes mancances a partir del coneixement que en treiem vivint.

Però ja ho he dit abans, l'únic que se del cert es que vivim es un món determinista, la resta que he escrit és només una manera de trobar-li un sentit positiu a tot plegat... els que defensen el lliure albir també ho fan, volen creure que tenen les regnes de la seva vida per donar sentit als "seus" esforços.

Blue Elephant

Blue Elephant

Mage
Sep 22, 2023
@Dead Ghost Right, I see that you're existence is based (fully) on assumptions, you have no proof for any of your ideas. You went down a rabbit hole and you're not coming back up. It's alright, it's your choice. My existence is based on logic and understanding. Therefor I cannot talk or reason with you.

Reactions: sserafim and Dead Ghost