• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Will it turn from legal to illegal in 1 day or will they discuss it in the news first that they're considering banning it and after a few years there will b a new law? For example with banning smoking inside restaurants took many years but if there's a new drug on the market it will become illegal in a few days since there's already many banned drugs. And since SN can fall in between drugs I'm assuming it will be quick without prior notice..but I need your opinion

muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
I don't think that will happen. It might be restricted, but I doubt it'd be outright banned. It has too many practical uses

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I don't think that will happen. It might be restricted, but I doubt it'd be outright banned. It has too many practical uses
So if it's restricted that only people with certification can buy it will that change be quick? I'm guessing that's not a really big change for regular people so it might not even be mentioned on the news and stuff

Reactions: deleted
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I doubt that the couple of suicides by SN here (which seem enormous in our universe) will give rise to some sort of a universal ban on it. You could always buy it now and have it stored.

Reactions: Belit667 and deleted
L

Living_Hurts_so_Much

Experienced
Jul 30, 2020
Would a bunch of heavy duty Rx painkillers be enough? Or maybe just before the SN?

E

Emily123

Arcanist
May 28, 2019
it is already illegal in many countries. SN is not a drug . it's a chemical material

Reactions: deleted, charlottewilts, Meditation guide and 1 other person
W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
You can't make it illegal. Unlike N, SN has many uses outside of ctb. Also, companies in countries like China sell it by the ton. It'll be harder to get, but I doubt it'll be almost impossible like N.

lostangel

lostangel

Enlightened
Mar 22, 2019
As other users mentioned it might not become illegal for the many practices but I really do believe they will make it harder to get. Like maybe some type of license of something that proves you are using it for curing meat but I'm not sure.

restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
I doubt that the couple of suicides by SN here (which seem enormous in our universe) will give rise to some sort of a universal ban on it. You could always buy it now and have it stored.
There's been more than a couple, waaaaay more, and whereever it is sold with the option to review it, people have 1-star'd it because their loved one CTB'd with it. It will kick up a fuss to the point where some lawful intervention will happen, but depending on the country....the outcome is up in the air.

Personally I think something will be done about it in the US. They fucked with helium once too many people had CTB'd with it and they started selling the canisters more restrictively. It won't happen today, nor tomorrow, but it'll happen eventually.

Reactions: Meditation guide
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
There's been more than a couple, waaaaay more, and whereever it is sold with the option to review it, people have 1-star'd it because their loved one CTB'd with it. It will kick up a fuss to the point where some lawful intervention will happen, but depending on the country....the outcome is up in the air.

Personally I think something will be done about it in the US. They fucked with helium once too many people had CTB'd with it and they started selling the canisters more restrictively. It won't happen today, nor tomorrow, but it'll happen eventually.
Respectfully, I doubt it. There are so many other people out there who don't even come to SS, and just jump in front of trains, hang without reading SS resources etc. Did one single country restrict the selling of ropes?
SN is only vivid in our minds due to the goodbye threads and accounts about the last moments.

Reactions: CarbonMonoxide
restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
Respectfully, I doubt it. There are so many other people out there who don't even come to SS, and just jump in front of trains, hang without reading SS resources etc. Did one single country restrict the selling of ropes?
SN is only vivid in our minds due to the goodbye threads and accounts about the last moments.
People don't think to take the labels off of bottles. They only do it to hide their cause of death, which will be found in an autopsy anyway. It doesn't take long to find out who the major manufacturer of SN in certain countries or states is anyway.

Deaths with a wide berth of usage can't be regulated, obviously. You can't ban ropes, trains, cars, or water; but SN could be regulated to those who have a certificate to use it. SN has a specialized use: meat curing, and I wouldn't put it past the US government to block SN using said specialization, so only local butcheries, mom and pop shops or food stores could use it.

SN is banned in a lot of European countries anyway, and Canada, if I recall, so I don't get why you wouldn't think the US would follow suit, especially if one or more Shawn Shattos come up again.

Reactions: Zappfe lover, WhatIsMyLife and Philosykos
Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
Respectfully, I doubt it.That's a fallacious argument. The government couldn't outlaw trains and ropes, it would be madness, especially since people can use anything to hang themselves with, they don't even need a rope. However, a chemical substance which - if taken in a certain volume - will kill you, is definitely reason to ban it or at the very least declare it a controlled substance which may not be sold for private use. Since the lethal dose can be as low as only 1 gram, you could use this stuff to murder someone inconspicuously. The same can't be said for trains and ropes.

Reactions: Zappfe lover
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
People don't think to take the labels off of bottles. They only do it to hide their cause of death, which will be found in an autopsy anyway. It doesn't take long to find out who the major manufacturer of SN in certain countries or states is anyway.

Deaths with a wide berth of usage can't be regulated, obviously. You can't ban ropes, trains, cars, or water; but SN could be regulated to those who have a certificate to use it. SN has a specialized use: meat curing, and I wouldn't put it past the US government to block SN using said specialization, so only local butcheries, mom and pop shops or food stores could use it.

SN is banned in a lot of European countries anyway, and Canada, if I recall, so I don't get why you wouldn't think the US would follow suit, especially if one or more Shawn Shattos come up again.
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about the US. I don't know how hard it is to procure it there.
I don't want to get into a debate since we are on a forum which is accessible to anyone. Just stated my opinion, which comes from a European perspective.
you could use this stuff to murder someone inconspicuously
Uhmmm... what about gun control in the US? When are those going to be banned? They're used to kill people quite conspicuously. Since we're talking about fallacious arguments and all.

Last edited:
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
they're considering banning it and after a few years there will b a new law?
You can't buy nitrogen anywhere now. You can't buy tanks of carbon monoxide. You can't buy helium unless it's diluted with oxygen. So it will simply one day not be available. Or you will need to prove you have a legitimate purpose. (Speaking only of in the U.S.) There doesn't need to be a law necessarily as long as the companies who sell it see it as a big problem that might cost them a lot in lawsuits.

Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
Uhmmm... what about gun control in the US? When are those going to be banned? They're used to kill people quite conspicuously. Since we're talking about fallacious arguments and all.
Darling, let's not muddy the waters by bringing the US and gun control into this. As I'm sure you know, that's another story entirely.

Reactions: Meditation guide
CarbonMonoxide

CarbonMonoxide

Marejeo ni ngamani
Oct 13, 2019
I agree. It's a profitable industrial material. They can't make that illegal anymore than they can make pesticides illegal. Only a small percentage of the population use it for ctb compared to N which has no other purpose, apart maybe for some veterinarians.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
Darling, let's not muddy the waters by bringing the US and gun control into this. As I'm sure you know, that's another story entirely.
Dude, you guys dragged me into a discussion about SN being banned in the US, without me even knowing we were talking about the US. Come to Europe where you can procure pretty much whatever your heart desires. Apart from guns. I don't even know which European countries @restingspot was referring to as having banned SN.

And why not talk about guns, when you brought up the impossibility of banning trains or ropes? You opened the door. How many people have died in mass shootings in the US compared to SN suicides?
As I'm sure you know, that's another story entirely.
You might be totally disappointed, but I'm not really into US affairs. But I don't see why guns shouldn't be discussed. They're more lethal than SN. Enlighten me.

And please refrain from infantilizing me by calling me "darling."

For everyone worried about a ban on SN, why not just order now and have it stored? It is a food preservative, it will last.

Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
On the off chance that it ever becomes highly regulated it'll still be available on the black market. Unlike N, SN is very abundant and would still be cheap on the BM.

There's already a myriad of other things we could use instead of SN. New chemical compounds are being synthesized every single day as well. Where there's a will there's always a way.

Reactions: charlottewilts
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
For everyone worried about a ban on SN, why not just order now and have it stored? It is a food preservative, it will last.
I thought I read somewhere on here it has to be fresh?

restingspot

restingspot

Lucid Dreamer
May 30, 2019
I'm sorry, I didn't realize you were talking about the US. I don't know how hard it is to procure it there.
I don't want to get into a debate since we are on a forum which is accessible to anyone. Just stated my opinion, which comes from a European perspective.
Yeah no problem, you can buy SN easy here in the US. The European countries I'm talking about are the ones who have to procure SN from bidding or other non-mainstream sites. Those places, SN is banned for personal use under the general poisonous/potentially fatal category, as people have died by accidentally mistaking it for salt and consuming it with their dinner!

Philosykos

Philosykos

Student
May 30, 2020
Dude, you guys dragged me into a discussion about SN being banned in the US, without me even knowing we were talking about the US. Come to Europe where you can procure pretty much whatever your heart desires. Apart from guns. I don't even know which European countries @restingspot was referring to as having banned SN.

And why not talk about guns, when you brought up the impossibility of banning trains or ropes? You opened the door. How many people have died in mass shootings in the US compared to SN suicides?

You might be totally disappointed, but I'm not really into US affairs. But I don't see why guns shouldn't be discussed. They're more lethal than SN. Enlighten me.

And please refrain from infantilizing me by calling me "darling."

I'm not trying to be antagonistic towards you; my apologies if I came across that way. It is simply because guns and the US government is a very complicated, involved matter that goes much, much further than simple lethality. It's a very different issue from 'this one chemical substance used in meat procuring which can technically be used as a poison, so let's ban it from being sold for private use'.

For the record, I'm European as well and I'm not sure what country you're from, but my SN has been sitting at my country's customs office for three weeks now which is why I think it was seized. SN is a restricted substance in some countries here; Europe is certainly not the Cockaigne you make it out to be.

And fwiw, I call most people I talk to 'darling' or 'dear', it was not meant to 'infantilise' you in any way. But I will refrain from calling you so if you so wish. Again, my apologies if I came across as mean.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoneGoneGone
G

GoneGoneGone

Enlightened
Apr 1, 2020
I'm not trying to be antagonistic towards you; my apologies if I came across that way. It is simply because guns and the US government is a very complicated, involved matter that goes much, much further than simple lethality. It's a very different issue from 'this one chemical substance used in meat procuring which can technically be used as a poison, so let's ban it from being sold for private use'.

For the record, I'm European as well and I'm not sure what country you're from, but my SN has been sitting at my country's customs office for three weeks now which is why I think it was seized. SN is a restricted substance in some countries here; Europe is certainly not the Cockaigne you make it out to be.

And fwiw, I call most people I talk to 'darling' or 'dear', it was not meant to 'infantilise' you in any way. But I will refrain from calling you so if you so wish. Again, my apologies if I came across as mean.
No worries, I understand, and thank you.
I thought I read somewhere on here it has to be fresh?
I think the recommendation is to not open its bag. Until you decide that you need to.

W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
Agreed! Helium was going to be my choice years ago, but that option got taken away. SN is the best option for me now. I've just ordered another 100g because I'm not sure how much longer it will be readily available and how many more attempts I'll need.

I fully expect it to be banned in the US soon. It will take a while for tot to become widespread enough, though, for it to garner enough attention for federal regulations. I know other countries have made that call, but the US is often far behind, never really caring that much if other countries have enacted something. The change will likely happen at the corporate level first, with companies enacting their own rules so as not to get sued. Federal law will follow.

Dang! You went there! ^_^ Speaking of things on which the US is far behind other countries...

There doesn't need to be a law necessarily as long as the companies who sell it see it as a big problem that might cost them a lot in lawsuits.
Bingo! That's it, exactly. SN has avoided significant media scrutiny thus far, but it won't be long, imho.

Reactions: restingspot
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
Agreed! Helium was going to be my choice years ago, but that option got taken away. SN is the best option for me now. I've just ordered another 100g because I'm not sure how much longer it will be readily available and how many more attempts I'll need.

I fully expect it to be banned in the US soon. It will take a while for tot to become widespread enough, though, for it to garner enough attention for federal regulations. I know other countries have made that call, but the US is often far behind, never really caring that much if other countries have enacted something. The change will likely happen at the corporate level first, with companies enacting their own rules so as not to get sued. Federal law will follow.

Dang! You went there! ^_^ Speaking of things on which the US is far behind other countries...

Bingo! That's it, exactly. SN has avoided significant media scrutiny thus far, but it won't be long, imho.
I also just ordered 100g, this is my best option and I don't want to lose it

Belit667

Belit667

Experienced
Aug 2, 2020

Exactly. Buy now and store it. If you keep it in proper conditions it should work even long after the expiration date.

Reactions: Cuppatea856