• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
What really pisses me off is how pro-lifers feel the obligation to act/intervene if they have "knowledge" of an possible CTB attempt or one planning to CTB, which means all they (the pro-lifer) had to do was mind their own business and not be omnipotent moral busybodies! However, the irony is that they know (probably subconsciously) that if they have no knowledge of the would be CTB or what not, then they wouldn't act, because what they don't know can't hurt them (their atavistic morals, beliefs, feelings, and worldview)!

Though despite that fact, they still make it a mission to try to scope out, investigate, probe, and/or otherwise meddle into another's business and then look for potential signs, red flags, and/or other indicators of potential CTB! This is the irony because even though they could just mind their own business and live and let live, they don't! They instead just want to feed their savior hero complex and get off to intervening and feeling like they saved someone from harm! I believe if anything, their meddling and actions only cause more harm, and despite claims of how many people regret CTB, which is confirmation bias (though that is for another thread altogether). The real truth is that they regret the 'consequences' of failing CTB, which entails likely permanent damage, loss of freedom, and social consequences such as having more scrutiny and surveillance on said person, and more.

Anyways, I wrote this somewhat short thread as a little vent, but also to address a talking point.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
It disgusts me how those people are incapable of minding their own business, they just cause way more suffering. This anti-suicide society where suicide is seen as something to prevent rather than respect as a personal choice truly is so hellish to me, if one wants to cease existing on their own terms they should simply be able to die in peace.

I

Ironborn

Student
Jan 29, 2024
They do it to make themselves feel better. Doesn't matter if a person who wants to ctb has been suffering for years and just wants a measure of peace for once.
All they care about is being able to feel good about "saving a life".
They are narcissists pure and simple.

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
It disgusts me how those people are incapable of minding their own business, they just cause way more suffering. This anti-suicide society where suicide is seen as something to prevent rather than respect as a personal choice truly is so hellish to me, if one wants to cease existing on their own terms they should simply be able to die in peace.
Yeah, they are basically C.S. Lewis' definition of omnipotent moral busybodies, and they just cause more suffering. CTB prevention is mainly just about the upholding of societal norms, values, and mores as well as satiating the pro-lifers' atavistic morals and less about actually improving the sufferer's conditions.

They want to keep us alive, but yet keep us all hidden in an asylum somewhere out of sight.
Well said, and yeah, they just want to feel heroic and virtue signal, but they couldnt' care less about why a person wishes to die (unless it's terminal illnesses but even then it's still grey for some).

Exactly. There's so much focus on physical prevention- take away methods, websites, warehouse people . But what good does that do, it doesn't make a life worth living or change anything, actually makes it worse
Exactly, it's just like the war on drugs, alcohol prohibition of the early 1900's, abortion and womens rights. By stigmatizing and pseudo-criminalizing CTB (whether it is ideation, censorship of talk, and/or methods), they are just pushing it underground, which results in people going the DIY route, resulting in unwanted consequences.

They do it to make themselves feel better. Doesn't matter if a person who wants to ctb has been suffering for years and just wants a measure of peace for once.
All they care about is being able to feel good about "saving a life".
They are narcissists pure and simple.
Good sentence on the last one, they (the pro-lifers) are indeed narcissists whether they see themselves as one or not.