• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

murderatruemorgue

murderatruemorgue

Feb 17, 2024
I remember a post talking about self immolation as a method, and the response was "why would anyone choose such an excuse method?" And yeah, that's fair.

At the same time, my initial thought was about those who have used that method in protest of something.

I don't really know that I could self immolate, but does anyone else wonder if they could find a way for their death to mean something?

murderatruemorgue

murderatruemorgue

Feb 17, 2024
Why would you want it to mean something?
I think a lot of us just want to be seen or remembered. That as the wider world moves on, for at least a blip in time we aren't forgotten.

I saw people forget my wife after she passed. She was a better person than I, yet as the years have past the world keeps turning and the people she loved moved on as if nothing happened. It's not really their fault or problem, it's how people and the world are. It does make me bitter that someone with that much fire was just forgotten.

I'm frustrated, jaded, tired, and bitter. I don't have anything left in me to do anything more with myself. Sometimes feels like the only good I can do yet in this world is CTBing in a way that makes a dent.

Pikmin

Pikmin

Mar 6, 2024
I think a lot of us just want to be seen or remembered. That as the wider world moves on, for at least a blip in time we aren't forgotten.

I saw people forget my wife after she passed. She was a better person than I, yet as the years have past the world keeps turning and the people she loved moved on as if nothing happened. It's not really their fault or problem, it's how people and the world are. It does make me bitter that someone with that much fire was just forgotten.

I'm frustrated, jaded, tired, and bitter. I don't have anything left in me to do anything more with myself. Sometimes feels like the only good I can do yet in this world is CTBing in a way that makes a dent.
I'm so sorry.

ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
I'm really cynical but I don't believe that most people's death really means anything in the long run. Dying to protest something doesn't make sense to me as nobody would care about said protest anyway and that's extremely evident when looking at humanity. I'd say that perhaps your death would mean something if you were a minor who killed themselves as the media who covered this site tend to emphasise the idea of minors dying and, overall, people just react intensely for minors whereas they don't really care that much about adults. However, even then, I still don't think that your death could cause much impact in the world as most things will still be the same

• Informative
Reactions: sserafim
B

BringShameToFamily

Mar 25, 2024
I remember a post talking about self immolation as a method, and the response was "why would anyone choose such an excuse method?" And yeah, that's fair.

At the same time, my initial thought was about those who have used that method in protest of something.

I don't really know that I could self immolate, but does anyone else wonder if they could find a way for their death to mean something?

Your death could mean something, my death will.
Anything worth living for is also worth dying for.

murderatruemorgue

murderatruemorgue

Feb 17, 2024
I'm really cynical but I don't believe that most people's death really means anything in the long run. Dying to protest something doesn't make sense to me as nobody would care about said protest anyway and that's extremely evident when looking at humanity. I'd say that perhaps your death would mean something if you were a minor who killed themselves as the media who covered this site tend to emphasise the idea of minors dying and, overall, people just react intensely for minors whereas they don't really care that much about adults. However, even then, I still don't think that your death could cause much impact in the world as most things will still be the same
I do and don't agree with this. Someone CTBing in a private space, no matter in what outlandish manner, would be very unlikely to make any difference or be talked about beyond their circle.
There are very specific cases in which it could create enough of a public spectacle that it would have a better chance of making if nothing else a ripple. Even then, there is no guarantee. There are a lot of factors that would go into it-who witnessed it, how quickly it happened, was the why made clear, which social media or news outlets pick it up, etc. So yeah, no guarantee. Improbable but not impossible.
There's also the vein of it having meaning for the person doing it. Even if it doesn't make any waves, at least that person may feel they stuck to their own beliefs.