• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
I am becoming willingly homeless soon as to punish my parents with disposable income for not only making my life hell but also for not giving me the money I need to move out with my girlfriend. My dad works IT, he is perfectly capable of buying a small 2 bedroom house and just giving it to us, but nooo, I apparently have to be "responsible" and earn the money myself. Now I don't mind getting a job, what I do mind is that my job currently cannot buy me a house. Nor do I have the money to move. I was relying on a few people to help me and my girlfriend out with this and we've gone apartment hunting, but we had to contact the apartment place back over some issue with credit and they've seemingly ghosted us. Awhile back I decided enough was enough from my so-called "family" and decided that by a certain date I'd just become homeless because I'd rather be completely without a house then deal with my parents any longer. I had also assumed that the threat of me going homeless would make things go faster since they've been going too slow for too long. My plan being I drive a bit to some unknown yet not too far off parking lot of some store and use my car as my place of living. However I'm worried about a store owner potentially kicking me out for simply being in a parking lot since people are assholes so I must ask, will a store owner kick me out if I'm just in the parking lot in my car?

• Love
Reactions: LastLoveSong and 4am
nothingbutmybest

nothingbutmybest

Student
May 1, 2023
It would depend on the owner, some would kick you out some wouldn't. The easiest thing to do is move from place to place. But for the house thing, are you really expecting your parents to hand you a house just like that? I don't know what your parents are like, they may have made your life hell but even good parents wouldn't just give a house to their child.

• Informative
Reactions: hopefully, ForeverBroken, touhoufan and 8 others
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I can only repeat what @nothingbutmybest already said. It's very unlikely that children get a house/apartment as a "present" even though in rich families. However I do understand that you want to move out and stay with your gf in an own apartment. I also know that is quite difficult to get almost everywhere.

• Informative
Reactions: hopefully, Suicidebydeath, Brokensaddle and 5 others
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
I am becoming willingly homeless soon as to punish my parents with disposable income for not only making my life hell but also for not giving me the money I need to move out with my girlfriend. My dad works IT, he is perfectly capable of buying a small 2 bedroom house and just giving it to us, but nooo, I apparently have to be "responsible" and earn the money myself. Now I don't mind getting a job, what I do mind is that my job currently cannot buy me a house. Nor do I have the money to move. I was relying on a few people to help me and my girlfriend out with this and we've gone apartment hunting, but we had to contact the apartment place back over some issue with credit and they've seemingly ghosted us. Awhile back I decided enough was enough from my so-called "family" and decided that by a certain date I'd just become homeless because I'd rather be completely without a house then deal with my parents any longer. I had also assumed that the threat of me going homeless would make things go faster since they've been going too slow for too long. My plan being I drive a bit to some unknown yet not too far off parking lot of some store and use my car as my place of living. However I'm worried about a store owner potentially kicking me out for simply being in a parking lot since people are assholes so I must ask, will a store owner kick me out if I'm just in the parking lot in my car?
I think you need to get real. The world doesn't owe you a living. Your parents don't owe you a living (or a house). You must stand on your own two feet. By all means leave your parents house, but don't do it until you and your girlfriend have made some better arrangements than living in a car. Don't become homeless if you can avoid it. It's much harder to get out of that situation than to get into it. I wish you both well, but I think you need to reconsider your next steps.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: pebpebpebpeb, hopefully, Suicidebydeath and 11 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
There are people who manage to live in their car, it definitely will not be easy and am sure you can't stay in that state for long. You would need to move a lot and avoid people's personal spaces or yes you will be forced to remove your car or it will be towed. Don't expect your parents to buy and gift you a house and don't expect your homelessness to change their mind. It is unrealistic and you will only endup hurting your self. Homelessness is not a piece of cake, even with a car.

P.s. I always love reading your threads and comments.

Reactions: majortom, Brokensaddle, Kit1 and 2 others
H

HouseofMortok

Student
Jul 1, 2023
I think you need to get real. The world doesn't owe you a living. Your parents don't owe you a living (or a house). You must stand on your own two feet. By all means leave your parents house, but don't do it until you and your girlfriend have made some better arrangements than living in a car. Don't become homeless if you can avoid it. It's much harder to get out of that situation than to get into it. I wish you both well, but I think you need to reconsider your next steps.
Hard disagree. Parents do owe you, otherwise keep your legs shut and ya snake in yer pants. It is their responsibility at ALL ages until they are frail to make sure their offspring are safe. Standing on 2 feet, get on with it, go work and be a tax slave is what you're promoting and it's pathetic.

The standing on 2 feet is what your parents are primary responsible for as you transition from kid to teen into adult. Without these instructions and support in a healthy manner, then yeah they owe a fucking roof over the head when that's neglected.

Reactions: simplymiserable, Photographer Fizzle and Hollowman
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Hard disagree. Parents do owe you, otherwise keep your legs shut and ya snake in yer pants. It is their responsibility at ALL ages until they are frail to make sure their offspring are safe. Standing on 2 feet, get on with it, go work and be a tax slave is what you're promoting and it's pathetic.

The standing on 2 feet is what your parents are primary responsible for as you transition from kid to teen into adult. Without these instructions and support in a healthy manner, then yeah they owe a fucking roof over the head when that's neglected.
Depends very much on age. The OP didn't state an age, but if he is old enough to drive (?own) a car and old enough to have a girlfriend and seriously consider living with her, he is an adult, and is old enough to be independent of his parents.

Reactions: Relic
AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
It would depend on the owner, some would kick you out some wouldn't. The easiest thing to do is move from place to place. But for the house thing, are you really expecting your parents to hand you a house just like that? I don't know what your parents are like, they may have made your life hell but even good parents wouldn't just give a house to their child.
Well the problem is is that I have no license. I've been able to to acquire a car from my dead grandmother but I have no license. So I'd like to do as little driving as possible. And the thing is that my parents are terrible but they have money to burn. The amount of times my younger brother has broken his 3DS from a tantrum and my parents just buy him a new one ASAP is multiple times, and just a bit ago I saw my dad looking up Nintendo Switch Lites on Ebay. Meaning it happened again with his other game system. Knowing how expensive 3DS's are and how hes literally making money off of IT, I can only assume they're just hoarding money to some dragon wealth pile.
I can only repeat what @nothingbutmybest already said. It's very unlikely that children get a house/apartment as a "present" even though in rich families. However I do understand that you want to move out and stay with your gf in an own apartment. I also know that is quite difficult to get almost everywhere.
Well that's only because modern day parents are selfish. I wouldn't put it past me that such gifts were given back when houses were affordable. Nowadays parenting is "made easy" by putting kids in front of a fucking tablet and expecting them to just figure out how the world works that way. Since parents don't have to work hard anymore, they don't bother putting in the effort and therefore have no real attachment to their children. Say what you want about boomers, but at least they cared about the kids they had.
Nah, this problem has gone on for way too long and should've been solved a long time ago.
There are people who manage to live in their car, it definitely will not be easy and am sure you can't stay in that state for long. You would need to move a lot and avoid people's personal spaces or yes you will be forced to remove your car or it will be towed. Don't expect your parents to buy and gift you a house and don't expect your homelessness to change their mind. It is unrealistic and you will only endup hurting your self. Homelessness is not a piece of cake, even with a car.

P.s. I always love reading your threads and comments.
Living in a car would be way easier than dealing with my parents, and I'm not expecting my parents to give me a house after it happens. I expect them to be sad and either learn their lesson, or fucking cry about it for days on end. This is a punishment for them and everyone else who has refused to give me immediate help with getting the fuck out of that house. And thank you. I may hate everyone around me but I wanna at least try to care about people who have been thrown away by society.

Exactly. Hell I don't even mind working. Until houses go back to costing an affordable amount or I magically get the money to just straight buy one so that there's no credit shit, I'll stick to being homeless.
Depends very much on age. The OP didn't state an age, but if he is old enough to drive (?own) a car and old enough to have a girlfriend and seriously consider living with her, he is an adult, and is old enough to be independent of his parents.
Who are you calling "he"? Also I'm 23. And yes, I SHOULD be independent from my parents, but they have done everything in their power to hold me back from that. Even going so far as to suggest power over attorney over me (which I learned is a bunch of bogus but the fact that it was threatened/proposed at all is frightening to say the least.)

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Well the problem is is that I have no license. I've been able to to acquire a car from my dead grandmother but I have no license. So I'd like to do as little driving as possible. And the thing is that my parents are terrible but they have money to burn. The amount of times my younger brother has broken his 3DS from a tantrum and my parents just buy him a new one ASAP is multiple times, and just a bit ago I saw my dad looking up Nintendo Switch Lites on Ebay. Meaning it happened again with his other game system. Knowing how expensive 3DS's are and how hes literally making money off of IT, I can only assume they're just hoarding money to some dragon wealth pile.

Well that's only because modern day parents are selfish. I wouldn't put it past me that such gifts were given back when houses were affordable. Nowadays parenting is "made easy" by putting kids in front of a fucking tablet and expecting them to just figure out how the world works that way. Since parents don't have to work hard anymore, they don't bother putting in the effort and therefore have no real attachment to their children. Say what you want about boomers, but at least they cared about the kids they had.

Nah, this problem has gone on for way too long and should've been solved a long time ago.

Living in a car would be way easier than dealing with my parents, and I'm not expecting my parents to give me a house after it happens. I expect them to be sad and either learn their lesson, or fucking cry about it for days on end. This is a punishment for them and everyone else who has refused to give me immediate help with getting the fuck out of that house. And thank you. I may hate everyone around me but I wanna at least try to care about people who have been thrown away by society.

Exactly. Hell I don't even mind working. Until houses go back to costing an affordable amount or I magically get the money to just straight buy one so that there's no credit shit, I'll stick to being homeless.

Who are you calling "he"? Also I'm 23. And yes, I SHOULD be independent from my parents, but they have done everything in their power to hold me back from that. Even going so far as to suggest power over attorney over me (which I learned is a bunch of bogus but the fact that it was threatened/proposed at all is frightening to say the least.)
Sorry I accidentally mis-gendered you in one of my posts. I did read your post carefully, but it did not indicate a gender so I just assumed you were probably a cisgender male. On looking at your username, that is obviously not the case. My mistake. Now that I realise you are trans, I am even more concerned for you. Living as a trans woman is not an easy option, and if you have to do it from a car it will be much harder. It's very hard to keep yourself looking reasonably presentable when you live that way. A man can get away with looking "casually scruffy", but a girl with be judged if she does that. How are you going to store your clothes without them getting into a mess? How are you going to keep your hair presentable? Where are you going to get regular showers? Please think it all through carefully before you take that step. But whatever you decide to do, good luck. And hugs.

Last edited:
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Living in a car would be way easier than dealing with my parents, and I'm not expecting my parents to give me a house after it happens. I expect them to be sad and either learn their lesson, or fucking cry about it for days on end. This is a punishment for them and everyone else who has refused to give me immediate help with getting the fuck out of that house.
You will obviously be the judge of your situation whether it is worse than living in a car on the streets and without a license. Am not going to bore you with listing all the struggles of life on the street, but keep in mind you could also endup being attached and loosing everything including your car plus physical and mental damage to your self. Don't risk it all to have them be sad learn a lesson cry or whatever. It's not worth it at all.

Reactions: cryone
mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
In the UK probably. You're only given a 2 hr time limit to do your food shop.
Not sure where you are from but maybe disused factory carpark, one without security etc.

AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
Sorry I accidentally mis-gendered you in one of my posts. I did read your post carefully, but it did not indicate a gender so I just assumed you were probably a cisgender male. On looking at your username, that is obviously not the case. My mistake. Now that I realise you are trans, I am even more concerned for you. Living as a trans woman is not an easy option, and if you have to do it from a car it will be much harder. It's very hard to keep yourself looking reasonably presentable when you live that way. A man can get away with looking "casually scruffy", but a girl with be judged if she does that. How are you going to store your clothes without them getting into a mess? How are you going to keep your hair presentable? Where are you going to get regular showers? Please think it all through carefully before you take that step. But whatever you decide to do, good luck. And hugs.
One of those clothing wash places or just cleaning them manually with my hands and some bottled water, a comb, and as I said, the aforementioned "doing it myself with bottled water". Thank you for the good luck
You will obviously be the judge of your situation whether it is worse than living in a car on the streets and without a license. Am not going to bore you with listing all the struggles of life on the street, but keep in mind you could also endup being attached and loosing everything including your car plus physical and mental damage to your self. Don't risk it all to have them be sad learn a lesson cry or whatever. It's not worth it at all.
I've lost plenty of my mental state, as stated here. Can't lose what's already lost. Also if I own the car I don't see how I could lose it. Just gotta be careful. And I have enough perseverance to make it work and not break.
In the UK probably. You're only given a 2 hr time limit to do your food shop.
Not sure where you are from but maybe disused factory carpark, one without security etc.
USA actually. Idk if we have unsupervised carparks here in the US

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
If you was in the uk you'd have a roof here. No, I'm not a mad woman or anything, just someone who been homeless. Someone helped me, so pay it forward.

• Love
Reactions: ijustwishtodie, Suicidebydeath, Brokensaddle and 3 others
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Also if I own the car I don't see how I could lose it.
I didn't mean loose it to governmental officials due to paperwork. The fact that you own the car and is in your name doesn't mean anything if you are attacked beyond recovery and robbed by a number of criminals that you couldn't protect yourself against. There are a number of better alternatives than this. Just take your time and think about them.

Last edited:
H

HouseofMortok

Student
Jul 1, 2023
I didn't mean loose it to governmental officials due to paperwork. The fact that you own the car and is in your name doesn't mean anything if you are attached beyond recovery and robbed by a number of criminals that you couldn't protect yourself against. There are a number of better alternatives than this. Just take your time and think about them.
I think that response was in confusion with saying attached, you meant attacked, as to losing the car. ✌

R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
I think that response was in confusion with saying attached, you meant attacked, as to losing the car. ✌
Thank you for this, I have edited it. Damn autocorrect!

• Love
Reactions: HouseofMortok
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
not to be rude or anything but this seems extremely entitled , your dad despite making enough is not required to give u a home just cuz hes able to. i get living at home with your parents since thats more like a responsibility putting food on the table and such especially when youre not enough to be independent but expecting them to "just give it to us" is crazy. i get parents being unbearable as well but a apartment is achievable as a way to avoid them trust me if i did it u can too. if they ghosted u just try another place
good luck i hope whatever you want comes to you and i wish u the best :)
If you was in the uk you'd have a roof here. No, I'm not a mad woman or anything, just someone who been homeless. Someone helped me, so pay it forward.
i made a forum suggestion based on this idea

Linda

Linda

Jul 30, 2020
Here's a suggestion. Can you try living in a car for a week or two, without cutting your links to your parents? That would help you figure out how practical it would be to do it long term.

Reactions: rozeske
F

fuzzy-clown

Experienced
Nov 27, 2022
If you're in the US, there is public land that you can live in your car on for free.
about_missionblminfographic_0.jpg

AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
I somehow doubt that. And I don't see how that's supposed to help me.
I didn't mean loose it to governmental officials due to paperwork. The fact that you own the car and is in your name doesn't mean anything if you are attacked beyond recovery and robbed by a number of criminals that you couldn't protect yourself against. There are a number of better alternatives than this. Just take your time and think about them.
Like what?
not to be rude or anything but this seems extremely entitled , your dad despite making enough is not required to give u a home just cuz hes able to. i get living at home with your parents since thats more like a responsibility putting food on the table and such especially when youre not enough to be independent but expecting them to "just give it to us" is crazy. i get parents being unbearable as well but a apartment is achievable as a way to avoid them trust me if i did it u can too. if they ghosted u just try another place
good luck i hope whatever you want comes to you and i wish u the best :)

i made a forum suggestion based on this idea
If I can't afford a house and he can then I should get a house. No one can get a house from working nowadays. No amount of "independence" can make it happen.
Here's a suggestion. Can you try living in a car for a week or two, without cutting your links to your parents? That would help you figure out how practical it would be to do it long term.
I'm not telling my parents I'm becoming homeless, I'm leaving in the night when they are asleep.
If you're in the US, there is public land that you can live in your car on for free.
about_missionblminfographic_0.jpg
Great, none in my area.

breezeboy

breezeboy

To infinity and beyond
Dec 8, 2023
Your parents sound so horrible for not buying you a house. Shame on them.

• Yay!
Reactions: hikikomorizombie and Leavesfromthevine
AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
Your parents sound so horrible for not buying you a house. Shame on them.
I mean they've done a hell of a lot worse things to me but this is somewhere at the top of the list

• Yay!
Reactions: breezeboy
carnivalforone

carnivalforone

Experienced
Sep 29, 2023
I mean they've done a hell of a lot worse things to me but this is somewhere at the top of the list
he was being sarcastic. i think. i hope.
If I can't afford a house and he can then I should get a house. No one can get a house from working nowadays. No amount of "independence" can make it happen.
u said it yourself, apartment and credit. youre not making sense here

Reactions: breezeboy
KarmaBus

KarmaBus

Student
Apr 15, 2023
Perhaps before you start this adventure, you should look up the laws pertaining to your state of residence for driving without a driver's license. It can range anywhere from a fine to a felony charge. ✌️

AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
I don't see why you had to be rude. I can only assume you're in a country that promotes freeloading.
he was being sarcastic. i think. i hope.

u said it yourself, apartment and credit. youre not making sense here
What I'm trying to say is that he should've solved this problem for me since clearly I cannot solve it on my own.
Perhaps before you start this adventure, you should look up the laws pertaining to your state of residence for driving without a driver's license. It can range anywhere from a fine to a felony charge. ✌️
Misdemeanor.
Just make sure to be safe out there. And good luck, you are gonna need it.
I'll try, thank you.

stilhavinightmares

stilhavinightmares

Warlock
Oct 13, 2022
I didn't see anyone suggest a camp site? They're usually pretty well priced and then you could hopefully have access to facilities also. Just an idea. Other than that, I would look for places that allow RV parking (I know some Walmarts do) and park there, at least overnight. Sounds like an awful situation, but I wish you the best. ❤️

G

Gonnerr

Enlightened
Mar 12, 2023
Try the app ioverlander.

And in most truck stop, there a parking for rv and car. You can sleep overnight. You won't be bother there.

AnHeroTransGirl

AnHeroTransGirl

Experienced
Jul 17, 2023
I didn't see anyone suggest a camp site? They're usually pretty well priced and then you could hopefully have access to facilities also. Just an idea. Other than that, I would look for places that allow RV parking (I know some Walmarts do) and park there, at least overnight. Sounds like an awful situation, but I wish you the best. ❤️
If there's one nearby I might try, remember I can't drive for too long as to not get pulled over/fuck up on the road.
Try the app ioverlander.

And in most truck stop, there a parking for rv and car. You can sleep overnight. You won't be bother there.
I'll keep that in mind