🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
Seems stupid

Reactions: rationaltake and Forever Sleep
B

bluebus

meet me at the back of the blue bus
Aug 5, 2023
Very good question. I don't believe in a god so that's my answer. But I understand the pain of being abused and tortured by a parent. It is truly unlike any other pain. I hope you find peace soon

Reactions: Ambivalent1
L

lonelywander

Jul 15, 2023
I do believe in God. I don't understand Him, or His "love." I do know I'm accountable to Him and if I stray too far I'll be destroyed. My life is a lot of pain, trials and tribulations. Turning against Him would make it so much worse.

Reactions: LostinCyberspace and KAZ-2Y5
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
Interesting question. I guess it depends on what you think God can control. Does God control our actions? Surely not. He/she/it seems to want us to choose BUT to make the righteous choice- so they can punish us if we choose wrongly. He/she/it doesn't seem to care if that wrong choice affects other people's lives. Think of all the times they could have intervened to save innocent people but didn't.

Personally, I can only love God (if there even is one) in an abstract way- in the way I love nature. I think it's beautiful and miraculous to look at- without delving too deep into all the nasty things that are actually going on in it. As a loving 'father' though- I definitely struggle. God killed my mother when she was 40 and I was 3. She was (by all accounts) a wonderful person. She desperately wanted a child and it was all taken away from her. I'd pick my own Dad any day over God. He's far more reliable and loving.

• Hugs
Reactions: San_Miguel, rationaltake and Ambivalent1
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
To show the person He loves them more than their parents, and that the person should love Him more as well.

Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

🎵 Be all, end all 🎵
Apr 17, 2023
To show the person He loves them more than their parents, and that the person should love Him more as well.
And how does he show his love to such a person first victimized by a parent and then lifelong by mental illness?

• Love
Reactions: LostinCyberspace
LostinCyberspace

LostinCyberspace

May 9, 2023
And how does he show his love to such a person first victimized by a parent and then lifelong by mental illness?
I believe all disease, illness and conflict comes from the devil. So I believe part of what you're asking is does God love people even when they're diseased and in pain, and the answer is yes.

How does He show His love for the mentally ill? Maybe it's by allowing websites like these to be created and maintained so they can know they're not alone, and it lets them find people who might be able to comfort them. Why God wants me to feel like I have to be on this website is something I'm trying to find out myself.

Last edited:
San_Miguel

San_Miguel

I Love You
Aug 19, 2023
Seems stupid
Hi Friend,

I can only begin to imagine the pain that comes from being betrayed by a parent. One of the saddest interviews I ever watched on Soft White Underbelly was from a man named Jake who was abused by his father.

God created us to love Him, but he had to give us the freedom to choose to do so. Otherwise we'd be mindless automatons with no real capacity for love at all. God wants nothing more than for us to love Him and to live virtuously, but unfortunately there is real Evil in the world that is constantly attempting to pull us away from what is Good. The saddest part of being a Christian is seeing all the suffering caused by the Devil.

But remember this: God loves us so much that he came to our world as Jesus, the human being. He was betrayed by one of his most beloved disciples Judas, who ratted him out to the authorities for 30 silver coins. He was beaten and scourged, publicly humiliated, and crucified by the very people He came to save, and He still forgave them. He still loves us. God, the almighty and all-knowing creator of the universe, came to die a horrific death as a humble carpenter so that we could all know the depth of His Love and Forgiveness.

Bring your suffering to the foot of the cross and let Christ share the burden of your pain. Allow him to lift the weight off your heart so you too can forgive your abusers. I promise that if you can find forgiveness in your heart, you will finally see the beauty which God has planned for your life.

Stay strong my friend, for you are dearly loved.