autistocracy

autistocracy

angel
Dec 1, 2022
I was just on Twitter reading a thread my mutual wrote about MAiD, and it got me thinking.
I don't want to get permission from a doctor to die. Not only is that incredibly infantilizing, it defeats the purpose of suicide, which is: An individual ending their life on their own terms. If they [Canada] really wanted to be bold, they would have either OTC lethal doses of whatever - accessible with ID or just have a doc write a prescription and it's yours to keep.
Now, that could be abused by a possibly homicidal person but honestly at this point if it isn't a drug, they'll just use a gun or the myriad of tools they already use to kill people.
Of course, I'm just talking out the side of my neck. This would never actually happen because the government wants to control who lives and dies. They detest the idea of the individual getting to make that choice. It's just a thought. I was sitting here getting ready to purchase materials to CTB and I just thought, 'I should be able to just straight up buy this in person, no questions asked'.

• Love
Reactions: sadandlonely99, Per Ardua Ad Astra, Bluebunnysky and 1 other person
Darkover

Darkover

Angelic
Jul 29, 2021
that would be the miracle i would just kill myself every time this hellhole bought me alive

Reactions: sadandlonely99
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
It really would be such a relief if it's that straightforward to peacefully and reliably die. I will always despise how we exist in this world where suicide is so cruelly and unnecessarily made as difficult as possible for people, it's just inhumane.

Reactions: myusername890 and sadandlonely99
L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
Completely agree. One point that a lot of people who are against MAID bring up is the cases in Canada where doctors were recommending it to patients that could actually be treated in other ways. Im very pro choice but that doesnt sit right with me. I think theres a lot more problems that could arise too when you have to go through the government for something like that. If you legalize all drugs like we shouldve done 50 years ago, the government plays basically no role as you could just walk down to the store and buy a bottle of nembutal. This would also obviously make recreational drug use a million times safer since people wouldnt have to go out and buy shit thats laced with fent.

Last edited:
AntHills

AntHills

Degenerate
Aug 31, 2022
Now, that could be abused by a possibly homicidal person but honestly at this point if it isn't a drug, they'll just use a gun or the myriad of tools they already use to kill people.
Can't say I'm with you on this one. Even prescription meds are incredibly hard to trace back to a source, so not only would it would be way too easy for some psycho to buy a bottle of Nembutal and sell it under the guise of being a psychedelic to a bunch of ignorant kids, but it would be extremely difficult to catch the person if they were careful enough about how they went about it. I'm very pro-choice, but I can't say I'm pro-make-lethal-drugs-available-to-murderers. MAiD would be fine if you could just be 18-21 and sign a waiver without any restrictions, and the only reason I would even consider availability to 18 year olds a reasonable decision is because you can go to prison or enlist in the military at 18 (in the U.S.).

Reactions: NoHorizon
wait.what

wait.what

no really, what?
Aug 14, 2020
Portugal's drug decriminalization policy isn't quite the same as making prescription meds freely available over the counter, but the bottom line is that ordinary citizens can acquire lethal combinations of drugs if that's what they want to do. Despite the fact that both suicides and homicides must be easier to achieve, the overall number of drug-related deaths is said to have fallen.