Ichigo

Ichigo

Jun 15, 2023
what I learned is that most people don't feel this need to get stranger's validation. because most people have a support system. They can go to their friends talk about their personal matters. Their feelings that aren't safe to share in public.

So they don't need to get on this soapbox..like I do
After all why suffer the risk of being vulnerable to strangers when you already have free support?

But, I need strangers...

Yes I know I have friends, family, I have a loving mother and good friends
In theory I have a support system. It's not like I'm in a abusive environment.

But it's like they don't exist to me. Not really. It's like there in the foreground.

I feel like once I know a person won't abandon me, I no longer crave their attention because I know I can get it whenever I want to.
So their attention becomes worthless to me. I don't get excited at their attention anymore.

I'm addicted to outsider attention ... It feels like the only real attention that I need honestly.
It's the only attention that makes me excited. it feel so good . And I don't know why I feel this way. This feeling has always alluded me. To this day, I'm stuck trying to to figure out why I crave strangers and distant people attention more than my own family and friends.

but I'm able to restrain myself.
I managed to self isolate for a long, long time. But every now and then I get these cravings, and I go seeking out for it again.

Strangely, these cravings only come when I'm feeling down or lonely.

It feels like it is never a appropriate time to discuss negative feelings. Negative feelings in themselves create nothing but uncomfortable tension in the air..so negativity has to be paired up with something else to make it more palatable.

I noticed that in social media, depression and negative feelings are usually framed in an either a artsy way or a funny way.
Either way, it feels like you have to be a little disingenuous about how intense your feelings truly are and that to me feels like masking my feelings.
Outside of this forum.. I often wonder how are people able to come across so lighthearted?

When I'm sad, I don't express it. Because I do not express it in the appropriate manner. It is too personal and long.

not in the "artsy" way.
I can't wax beautiful poems out of my sorrow and loneliness and unfortunately no matter how bad the hopelessness gets, im not driven to make beautiful art out of my pain.

Im depressed but it's not in a quirky way like those funny relatable memes or quotes

It's not enough to move people to tears and it's not enough to drive people towards me..

When you're neither of those things, what do you do?

When I'm depressed I just feel like lying down and not doing anything.

And it's not like I necessarily want these things. It's more like it is the only way to get people to give me attention and love..to see I'm hurting..

. I want to connect with other people and I want to draw people towards me but sometimes even my own feelings allude me.

I'm so confusing

• Hugs
Reactions: ayla
dreamscape1111

dreamscape1111

all is well
Feb 1, 2023

This probably comes from childhood trauma, can definitely relate, although in a slightly different manner.

If you take the test above, you'll be able to understand these patterns so much better by learning about your attachment style.

To me it sounds like an Anxious Attachment style.

Hope this helps, much love. 🙏💚

Here's the audiobook from their book, very eyeopening. 🫂✨

ayla

ayla

♡ · 18
Jun 30, 2024
i hear u. im the same :) kinda? i love validation from strangers especially when i post about some hardships im going through.. i love when people also agree with what im saying or can relate. another kinda unrelated example is when i had social media i was desperate for likes / comments but not for the popular aspect more so of the i wanted people to think i had friends & wasnt some crazy girl. i wanted to convince random people that nothing was wrong with me it sounds so silly because why do i care so much loll idk