• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Enlightened
Jan 1, 2024
My therapist agrees that the world is fucked up

Reactions: Joker2003
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I expect a therapist would say it's natural to feel unhappy about certain things that have happened in our lives. They may be worried that prolonged sadness might be depression maybe and they may believe the ideation is because of depression. I'm not sure that all therapists would dismiss why you're feeling unhappy.

Still- their job is presumably to rescue you from that feeling. They likely believe you've gone to them to be rescued. (Why else would we? Surely, it's with the faint hope it might work?) So, beyond that, I guess they're going to say whatever they've been trained is the best way to help. Therapists seem to vary on that. Some won't go near the topic of suicide at all. Maybe they think talking about it legitimises it. Maybe they even think acknowledging how badly we feel about certain problems only encourages us to feel that way. I don't know. I haven't had much experience with it to be honest.

But, out of interest, do you think it would help you if your therapist took the same attitude as you? 'You're absolutely justified in feeling this way. The world is a terrible place. It's fine that you want to kill yourself.' Where would you want them to go from there? Give you coping strategies on how not to? I wonder if they're trained how to respond.

leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
There would be bad consequences for a therapist that says things like that to his clients.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

She wished that she never existed...
Sep 24, 2020
I doubt one would recieve that kind of response from someone like that but of course it's really understandable wanting acceptance, I really wish that voluntary death is accepted as I'd always prefer to not exist than to have the ability to suffer in this meaningless and futile existence. For me the peace of non-existence could only ever be desirable, I see nothing appealing about existence under any circimstances.

Reactions: ijustwishtodie
ijustwishtodie

ijustwishtodie

death will be my ultimate bliss
Oct 29, 2023
Sadly, people like therapists won't ever tell you that. In fact, many pro lifers won't ever tell you that. Personally, I do think that it's okay to die as everything is meaningless anyway and we should have the autonomy to choose when we want to be dead. There's no use in keeping a human being alive if they don't want to as death is inevitable anyway. It's rational to want to be dead

Naked Weapon

Naked Weapon

Watch another angel die
Jan 7, 2024
I wish my therapist told me that it's ok wanting to die like yeah we living in a fucked up world , in a fucked up society ,it's natural wanting to just die. I wish he told me that there is nothing wrong with me to feel this way
My therapist actually does this, but she always follows it up with an additional "Please don't die though" as an asterisk. She's quite brazen and somehow I don't know how she's still practising, but hey, she's the only therapist who seems to actually understand me.

Reactions: divinemistress36