• New TOR Mirror: suicidffbey666ur5gspccbcw2zc7yoat34wbybqa3boei6bysflbvqd.onion

• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

apearl

apearl

mitski fan
Sep 25, 2023
When someone talks to me out of no where in public it takes me a while to register it because I'm so focused on being insanely anxious. Because of that, by the time I understand that I'm being talked too, it becomes too late to respond and I just end up being awkwardly silent. I wish there was a way to tell them that I am not trying to be mean, I just have a hard time talking to people out of the blue. Everytime this happens to me I just want to go to my dorm and never leave it ever again. God I feel awful. :(

sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
People would just use that against you. It's better for people to think that you're mean. Other people prey on your weaknesses and exploit them. Wearing a shirt that says that you're socially anxious is like blood in the water. You're drawing all the sharks to you. Never show weakness or vulnerability

Last edited:
shtangley01

shtangley01

Apr 28, 2024
I mean, you totally could. I think teespring does a thing where you can design a shirt to buy for yourself, though you also always have the option of a sharpie or whatever on any bright fabric. Maybe it wouldn't be the most fashionable, but its certainly possible. You could also get like a pin or a patch or something, there've gotta be people out there who either sell a relevant design or take commissions if you can afford it, or you could look into taking up the hobby yourself!

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It's a comforting idea on paper but it runs under a grave assumption that the world is kinder than it really is. If it really was though, then the shirt probably wouldn't even be necessary in the first place. This definitely seems like an easy way to get bullied, especially for any man who tried this although maybe it would be equally if not more dangerous for women to advertise how vulnerable they are through this means. Not trying to start yet another gender war. There are just too many cruel people out there who'd love an opportunity to pick on someone no matter what.

When I don't want to be disturbed in public, I try to wear earbuds and stare at my phone but that's not foolproof. I've even floated around the idea of appearing homeless via not showering and wearing dirty ragged clothes just so people would be more willing to ignore me out in public. I don't know if that would actually work though.

• Love
Reactions: soulkitty
assisted

assisted

🍄
Jul 7, 2022
you could wear a shirt that says that if you wanted to, but i think you might find that people would treat you worse if you do

Reactions: sserafim
sserafim

sserafim

they say it’s darkest of all before the dawn
Sep 13, 2023
you could wear a shirt that says that if you wanted to, but i think you might find that people would treat you worse if you do
That's like a signal that says "I'm weak, pick on me". You would be a gazelle that walked into the lions' den

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Suicidebydeath
R

Rubypie41

Student
Mar 25, 2024
When someone talks to me out of no where in public it takes me a while to register it because I'm so focused on being insanely anxious. Because of that, by the time I understand that I'm being talked too, it becomes too late to respond and I just end up being awkwardly silent. I wish there was a way to tell them that I am not trying to be mean, I just have a hard time talking to people out of the blue. Everytime this happens to me I just want to go to my dorm and never leave it ever again. God I feel awful. :(
So sorry you suffer from social anxiety. Do you have any idea why you suffer from this?

You could try certain SSRI medications that can help with social phobia. Paxil worked wonders for me when I suffered with this many years ago. I think for me drug use was my cause. I spent a good year partying in my early twenties taking ecstasy most weekends and it was towards the end of that year where my social anxiety kicked in. Quitting drugs and taking Paxil for around 6 months made the world of difference, then I quit Paxil and was perfectly fine again. It just goes to show that any disturbance to chemicals in you brain can cause havoc in many ways.

I know friends who are on Sertraline and they are so much more relaxed, composed and at ease in social situations compared to not been on Sertraline.

It's a fight or flight response and I think now it's in your head your also probably overthinking it, so as soon as someone starts talking to you, you think about your social anxiety.

Seriously, life is too short to worry what others think, so be kind to yourself, try to relax, focus on what they are saying and respond accordingly. Truly being present in the moment and really engaging with people will help.

Wishing you all the best.

Rocinante

Rocinante

My name is Lucifer, please take my hand
Aug 26, 2022
Just wear headphones to make people think you're too busy listening to music to hear them?

• Informative
Reactions: soulkitty
Ambivalent1

Ambivalent1

Your best friend 🫂
Apr 17, 2023
Go and make such a shirt. There are websites. Wear it proudly

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
That's like a signal that says "I'm weak, pick on me". You would be a gazelle that walked into the lions' den
It could also be a possible way of identifying people they would want to steer clear of as well. Depending on the level of confidence and resistance to manipulation of the wearer!

There are definitely times I wish some people would announce themselves in advance, lol!