sleepytourist

sleepytourist

Pain demands to be felt.
Sep 23, 2020
A good friend of my family died Tuesday and their funeral was today. I had never been to a funeral before. I lingered outside for a few minutes then went in. I froze in the foyer when I saw my friend in the casket. I just couldn't go in there. It was like I was frozen. I quickly left after staring at the casket for several seconds. I never knew it would be this hard. I thought I could handle something so simple as a funeral. Ugh, what's wrong with me? I thought I could handle death. I'm suicidal for goodness sakes!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nopointofliving, lanax09, FuneralCry and 6 others
Celerity

Celerity

shape without form, shade without colour
Jan 24, 2021
Even as I type this, suicidal AF, I have to say that it's sad any living thing dies at all. The entire cycle of life and death is horrifying and disgusting, not beautiful.

• Hugs
Reactions: Thiopentone31, Zzzzz, Ame and 5 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Yes, funerals are hard to deal with, especially if it's the one of someone who was really close to you.

A friend of mine died about 5 years ago. He was an amazing human being and seeing him dead was just...too much!

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: lanax09, sleepytourist and whywere
W

whywere

Visionary
Jun 26, 2020
I am 65 years young, so I have been to a lot of funerals and wakes. I have NEVER EVER been able to handle them very well at all. I have cried at a few and have had people look at me like I was weird or a wimp. BUT, I am 100% human as far as I wear my heart on my sleeve and the heck with what people think or say. It is a VERY hard situation to get through period. Sending you lots of hugs and love and support, as you have shown that you are a beautiful warm and caring person!! Walter

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: nopointofliving, WhatDoesTheFoxSay?, sleepytourist and 2 others
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
I cannot remember going to any funerals in my life, I think I might have as a young child. I am quite fascinated by them in a way. I understand how you would feel that way as I guess it is surreal seeing someone you once knew alive, to be no longer living. It can be an uneasy feeling. We as humans are not often used to seeing death before our own eyes so it is an normal reaction to be uncomfortable. Funerals also kind of mentally finalise that the person is now gone so it can cause emotions.

Reactions: Death_the_kid
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
I thought I could handle something so simple as a funeral. Ugh, what's wrong with me? I thought I could handle death. I'm suicidal for goodness sakes!
It's one thing to fantasize about dying & something else entirely to face an actual death irl

lanax09

lanax09

Experienced
Apr 17, 2021
I am 65 years young, so I have been to a lot of funerals and wakes. I have NEVER EVER been able to handle them very well at all. I have cried at a few and have had people look at me like I was weird or a wimp. BUT, I am 100% human as far as I wear my heart on my sleeve and the heck with what people think or say. It is a VERY hard situation to get through period. Sending you lots of hugs and love and support, as you have shown that you are a beautiful warm and caring person!! Walter
what kind of a fucking asshole gives someone nasty looks for crying at a funeral wtf?

Reactions: WhatDoesTheFoxSay?